Music in SPECTRE

Comments

^yes I second
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The Bond theme is more featured, but it doesn't get a full rendition. Think of the GF score and how that didn't have the full theme play.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Bond theme is more featured, but it doesn't get a full rendition.

I know many disagree, but this is exactly how I wanted it. Incorporated, finessed and varied, but not the original theme.
  • loullersloullers Eskilstuna, Sweden
    I can honestly say that I think SPECTRE sounds similar to SF which I don't like very much. SPECTRE after a couple of listenings sounds a bit better but still too generic and not that expressive as a Bond score should be to me.

Thank you bondjames for the kind words on my score for Reflection Of The Soul :D
  • its a shame for me. I want a new version of the bond theme completely there in a action sequence. But it will still be fun.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I don't know ...I prefer the theme used appropriately but as a go to. I was hoping it would be incorporated more as it appears to be.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    I love the fact that the 007 theme is heavily incorporated in the score.

I haven't listened to the score yet (I tend to do that after seeing the movies concerned) but learning that makes my day. We haven't had one of those scores in years.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    delfloria wrote: »
    Who would have thought "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." would have a more invigorating score.

Different film. TMFU is a bouncier, less serious film, set in the 60s.

• I haven't yet seen SPECTRE, but I still wish the series hadn't moved from Arnold to Newman. I know people aren't super high on Arnold generally, but I loved his scores for TND, CR and QoS. CR has a score that works spectacularly well without the Bond theme, the YKMN riffs are great throughout.
    nope
    bondboy007 wrote: »
    I haven't yet seen SPECTRE, but I still wish the series hadn't moved from Arnold to Newman. I know people aren't super high on Arnold generally, but I loved his scores for TND, CR and QoS. CR has a score that works spectacularly well without the Bond theme, the YKMN riffs are great throughout.

me too, I hate this 'Generic Action' thing people keep saying when we talk about Arnold, its a Bond theme its supposed to be exciting
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It seems like all the soundtrack videos have been taken off YT.
    I've always looked forward to hearing each new Bond soundtrack ever since seeing Goldfinger first run but I had a hard time listening to the entire soundtrack and began jumping forward to get though tracks. I don't think I've ever done this before. I think it's better than SF but Newman just doesn't do it for me as a Bond composer especially now that he has started to repeat themes from the previous effort.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like it better overall than Skyfall, it's got a new fresh style to it. The use of Rhodes and a hip bass. So far my favorite track is Los Muertos Vivos Estan It freaking rules. I wish the rest of the score was like that.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I like it better overall than Skyfall, it's got a new fresh style to it. The use of Rhodes and a hip bass. So far my favorite track is Los Muertos Vivos Estan It freaking rules. I wish the rest of the score was like that.
    delfloria wrote: »
    I've always looked forward to hearing each new Bond soundtrack ever since seeing Goldfinger first run but I had a hard time listening to the entire soundtrack and began jumping forward to get though tracks. I don't think I've ever done this before. I think it's better than SF but Newman just doesn't do it for me as a Bond composer especially now that he has started to repeat themes from the previous effort.

agreed
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    antovolk wrote: »
    The first one is my custom cover.... I just added the actual album version WOTW to it.

And cue 18 (Day of the Dead) is after the first one in that version??
  • bondjames wrote: »
    While searching for Newman's SP score, I came across this fan made score by a Swedish gentleman named Otto Nilsson (a Bond fan).

I haven't listened to it all, but what I've heard is absolutely brilliant. He even weaves in a version of the 007 theme.

EON should hire this chap (it will probably cost less too....heck he may do it for free). This is as close to Barry as I've heard, and very similar to Michael Giacchino's Incredible's score.

His gunbarrel take is very Barryesque.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 102
    Los Muertos Vivos Estan Is a fantastic piece of music. The way the Bond theme builds reminds me of Bond of old.
    The fact that it will come quite soon after the gunbarrel bodes well, too.
    I also like the way the Mexican theme is present here.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Anywhere else I can listen to it?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,586
    Fitzochris wrote: »
    Los Muertos Vivos Estan Is a fantastic piece of music. The way the Bond theme builds reminds me of Bond of old.
    The fact that it will come quite soon after the gunbarrel bodes well, too.
    I also like the way the Mexican theme is present here.
    Spoiler tags.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Los Muertos Vivos Estan Is a fantastic piece of music. The way the Bond theme builds reminds me of Bond of old. The fact that it will come quite soon after the gunbarrel bodes well, too. I also like the way the Mexican theme is present here.
    Spoiler tags.

You're kidding right? There is a complete track-by-track analysis further up this thread. There is t anything left to spoil.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Anywhere else I can listen to it?

Purchase it.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Los Muertos Vivos Estan Is a fantastic piece of music. The way the Bond theme builds reminds me of Bond of old. The fact that it will come quite soon after the gunbarrel bodes well, too. I also like the way the Mexican theme is present here.
    Spoiler tags.

You're kidding right? There is a complete track-by-track analysis further up this thread. There is t anything left to spoil.
    I meant regarding the gunbarrel and it's position in the film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    loullers wrote: »
    I can honestly say that I think SPECTRE sounds similar to SF which I don't like very much. SPECTRE after a couple of listenings sounds a bit better but still too generic and not that expressive as a Bond score should be to me.

Thank you bondjames for the kind words on my score for Reflection Of The Soul :D

My pleasure. Your work on that score is exceptional imho. You are definitely very talented and a lover of the Bond sound.....I can tell from listening to your work. I actually felt I was listening to the late Barry in parts (which almost brought a tear to my eye)....great use of melody. You do in that score what none of the composers since (including Arnold/Newman) did.

I hope you are very successful in your endeavours.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    i think SP OST is the best punishment for those who underestimate the great SF OST :)
  • i think SP OST is the best punishment for those who underestimate the great SF OST :)

And the greatest reward for those who enjoyed it. ;)
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    i think SP OST is the best punishment for those who underestimate the great SF OST :)

SF was far far more better .. I listened twice to SP ost but I didn't like most of it then I listened to SF ost again and wooow I remember each scene by its music

SF was far far more better .. I listened twice to SP ost but I didn't like most of it then I listened to SF ost again and wooow I remember each scene by its music

Too bad the SP score did not bring back memories of the scenes from SPECTRE.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Yeah it's really hard. Then again, I haven't seen it.
  • i think SP OST is the best punishment for those who underestimate the great SF OST :)

Ah well, that's where I disagree. SF had some nice highlights, but overall I prefer SP. It's a more confident score--the action music in particular. Snow Plane > The Bloody Shot.

• zerozerozerozero The far far east
    No gunbarrel music on the CD I've noticed.