Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• Also, does anyone believe it will be released tomorrow night and midnight. It should certainly be released at midnight or 007 minutes past, like with Skyfall. If anyone finds any proof of this happenings, please let me know ir send a link.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    This still annoys me.
    He had to keep it secret, if he just said "I can't comment" or "I can't confirm nor deny" etc. it would have been as good as an official confirmation.

He had to deny it and make it seem genuine - I'm guessing it was part of his contract.

Oh I understand completely he had to deny it. Not saying that. I'm just saying it annoys me, due ot the fact I believed him haha and watched it several times.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    I don't think Writings on the Wall will release at midnight, due to the fact there's no website countdown like with skyfall. Last time, there was a countdown to the music video. Does anyone have any ideas whether it will release at midnight. ?

iTunes are not releasing till 28th September ?? so theres no way of listening at midnight don't think. I'm looking forward to a midnight launch too. Ill have to wait and see, but theres no confirmation of releasing after 12 midnight.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Reminds me of John Logan when he was asked if Quantum and SPECTRE would appear in Bond 24 and he answered "No comment".
    It'll be on the radio airwaves from 7.50am (UK) on Capital FM http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/sam-smith/news/james-bond-theme/ I'm guessing 007.com or @007 will release it before that as a video file (most likely through YouTube)
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Reminds me of John Logan when he was asked if Quantum and SPECTRE would appear in Bond 24 and he answered "No comment".

In today's social media-infected society, I think it's better to lie more forcefully. A "No Comment"-comment or "I can not confirm that"-comment, IS usually a confirmation. So I completely understand Sam Smith. Then it's better to lie more fiercefully. Damn the ethics with this. It keeps 'us' on the wrong track much more.
  • RC7RC7
    Walecs wrote: »

In today's social media-infected society, I think it's better to lie more forcefully. A "No Comment"-comment or "I can not confirm that"-comment, IS usually a confirmation. So I completely understand Sam Smith. Then it's better to lie more fiercefully. Damn the ethics with this. It keeps 'us' on the wrong track much more.

To me it was pretty clear he was lying, but it seems he hoodwinked a good few people so yes, it seems it is the best way to go about it.
    I mean, it's like, for example, Christoph Waltz playing, say, Hugo Drax (for example) and having to say his character is Franz Oberhauser, as they want to keep his role as, figuratively speaking, Hugo Drax secret - he'd have to lie and say that "No, I'm definitely Oberhauser" - if you know what I mean.

Like Cumberbatch as John Harrison
  • Walecs wrote: »

thanks. Disapointed that it doesn't seem likely i will hear it at midnight tomorrow then . Why are they not doing it same as skyfall
    It'll be on the radio airwaves from 7.50am (UK) on Capital FM http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/sam-smith/news/james-bond-theme/ I'm guessing 007.com or @007 will release it before that as a video file (most likely through YouTube)

Ah wait. Ive just thought. If its on radio that early, surley 007 website will have it before so it could be midnight. Because i couldn't see them releasing early in the morning. So midnight might be when 007.com upload it ?
  • RC7RC7
    It'll be here when it's here and you'll know all about it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Gareth007fan, please watch the double and triple posting. When the song's out, it'll be out, and until we know for sure, please edit previous comments if you plan on posting so soon after an initial post.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sam Smith says it's or tomorrow /:)
  • I love all the hype, all the buildup, all the waiting. As torturous as it is, things like "Waiting with baited breath for the song" are all part of what makes this process fun. It's such a great time to be a Bond fan!
  • Sandy wrote: »
    Sam Smith says it's or tomorrow /:)

Tomorrow. ? It's officialy confirmed for Friday though. What's tomorrow ?
    tomorrow is Thursday and the last day before the song is released... hopefully it is the exact same length as You know my name so I can pop in my head phones and listen to that while the credits play.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »
    tomorrow is Thursday and the last day before the song is released... hopefully it is the exact same length as You know my name so I can pop in my head phones and listen to that while the credits play.

Nothing like a bit of irrational pessimism.
  • Don't get why Sam has typed tomorrow. I know that's the last day before release.
  • I think our husbands, wifes, partners, kids.......really think we need a psychiatrist by now :D
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Gustav_Graves;492349"]I think our husbands, wifes, partners, kids.......really think we need a psychiatrist by now :D [/quote]
    I think our husbands, wifes, partners, kids.......really think we need a psychiatrist by now :D

That's exactly what my therapist said 8-}
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is your husbands, wives, partners, kids and pets who need a shrink for putting up with you people.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Not sure if this was posted but the song is 4m38 seconds long, 8 seconds shorter than Skyfall.
  • Not sure if this was posted but the song is 4m38 seconds long, 8 seconds shorter than Skyfall.

Now I don't like the song anymore
    >:)
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Maybe less to endure than some may have feared...
  • He hasn't said it's tomorrow, he said two days which is tomorrow and then friday when it's released.
    andmcit wrote: »
    Can we at least hear some of his vocals before we go negative? Remember what people said about Craig before he proved himself?

Can we at least hear some of his vocals before we go negative? Remember what people said about Craig before he proved himself?

That's a bit different though. I think we kind of know how Sam sounds. Not many people, along with myself, life his voice. I do not like his tone of voice whatsoever. But I still have excitement to find out what it sounds like and what the lyrics are like.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Not sure if this was posted but the song is 4m38 seconds long, 8 seconds shorter than Skyfall.

Let's also remember that it will be significantly edited for the title sequence, so Risico can hold out hope.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    JCRendle wrote: »

That's a bit different though. I think we kind of know how Sam sounds. Not many people, along with myself, life his voice. I do not like his tone of voice whatsoever. But I still have excitement to find out what it sounds like and what the lyrics are like.

This is a wicked huge assumption, especially considering how successful Sam Smith is.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    JCRendle wrote: »

This is a wicked huge assumption, especially considering how successful Sam Smith is.

He obviously has fans, but there's still people who don't like his kind of music. All those who like him must love depressing songs. Most of his music is depressing.

Writings on the wall might be the only song I like, due to it's bond themes.