Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• Guys? It's a sample of 15 seconds, not 180 seconds.

Yes, those 15 sec's sound promising, but nothing more than that. By the way, in a way every Bond song sounds ' classic' and has brassy orchestra music.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Is anyone else here saving it for the cinema? That will be really special. I don't think I'll be able to soak it up fully while watching the credits sequence at the same time. Perhaps a second viewing's in order ;)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited September 2015 Posts: 2,252
    QBranch wrote: »
    Is anyone else here saving it for the cinema? That will be really special. I don't think I'll be able to soak it up fully while watching the credits sequence at the same time. Perhaps a second viewing's in order ;)

That's the plan. But I won't be able to resist the urge.

I watched the trailer within 5 mins of it being released
  • TokyToky The Netherlands
    I've thought about saving it for the cinema this time...although most songs have to grow on me, and since I absolutely don't like Sam Smith, I probably have to hear it a couple of times to fully appreciate it
    Guys? It's a sample of 15 seconds, not 180 seconds.

Yes, those 15 sec's sound promising, but nothing more than that. By the way, in a way every Bond song sounds ' classic' and has brassy orchestra music.
    Changed your tune, GG

:D
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Time to rename the thread to Sam Smith Writtings on the wall Opinions or something along those lines.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Writing on the day of dying because nobody does it better than an octopussy with a goldfinger that has a view to a kill
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Guys? It's a sample of 15 seconds, not 180 seconds.

Not that POS DAD, imho.
    w2bond wrote: »

I have no problem watching the trailer, but if there's another one yet to come, I'll be weary about seeing any more new footage. I completely destroyed my SF experience by reading absolutely everything on the lead up (just got internet prior), so this time I've successfully restrained myself, and selected certain things to keep a surprise upon viewing, such as the song, plot details, order of locations, if/where the gunbarrel's positioned etc. I kind of wish I could avoid knowing anything at all, but three years of torture just for a two-plus hour film ain't worth it :))
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited September 2015 Posts: 2,252
    w2bond wrote: »

I have no problem watching the trailer, but if there's another one yet to come, I'll be weary about seeing any more new footage. I completely destroyed my SF experience by reading absolutely everything on the lead up (just got internet prior), so this time I've successfully restrained myself, and selected certain things to keep a surprise upon viewing, such as the song, plot details, order of locations, if/where the gunbarrel's positioned etc. I kind of wish I could avoid knowing anything at all, but three years of torture just for a two-plus hour film ain't worth it :))

@QBranch
    Yeah me too. This time no vlogs, production stills, etc for me. All I've done is watched the trailers and seen some wallpapers of the scenes from the trailer.

And I've obviously booked the tickets 1 day earlier like last time, 10th November.

I think listening to the song is an enjoyable part of the build up. It's not the same as plot spoilers etc.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 13,929
    I usually listen to the song when it's released, but it'll be nice to try something different this time around-
    I look at it like adding my own bit of mystery to the film.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I will listen to it simply because I want to catch instrumental cues when I'll be watching the movie.
    Great idea, @Walecs!- although I get swept up in the action too much to really take notice of the cues- at least for the first couple of viewings. I hope there will be plenty of varying liet motifs throughout. According to wiki, Newman's been working on the score all throughout filming, so it seems he's had plenty of time and opportunity to get it right.
  • Regarding the video blog, Mi6 website seems to have got something wrong. Ive waited and no video log has been released its now 35 minutes past 5 in uk ???
  • What source even said it will be released at 5pm uk time. Because they don't ever announce when they are releasing a blog, they just come out.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,976
  • So disappointed. Was looking forward to the new video blog, as this website said it would be released at 5pm in uk time. complete rubbish information.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Think you accidentally posted in the theme song thread
  • RC7RC7
    So disappointed. Was looking forward to the new video blog, as this website said it would be released at 5pm in uk time. complete rubbish information.

Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist. The vlogs are at best mediocre.
    RC7 wrote: »
    So disappointed. Was looking forward to the new video blog, as this website said it would be released at 5pm in uk time. complete rubbish information.

Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist. The vlogs are at best mediocre.

Also, this. Avoiding all footage before seeing the film is easy when it comes to vlogs.

However, collecting all this wonderful stuff (magazines, trailers, vlogs, etc.) will prove worthwhile once I've seen the film, and want to immediately dive into the world of Spectre.
  • I know they are nothing great, but this one focuses on the helicopter apparently. Still, its not nice for mi6 site to publish false information or get it wrong.
    I know they are nothing great, but this one focuses on the helicopter apparently. Still, its not nice for mi6 site to publish false information or get it wrong.

Well it's not their fault, it's EON's. They seem to have pushed it back last minute. They sent out a press release to major outlets earlier announcing that it'd come today.

Back on topic.....Smith is performing a concert in Mexico City tonight. Odds of him premiering the song there....
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I know they are nothing great, but this one focuses on the helicopter apparently. Still, its not nice for mi6 site to publish false information or get it wrong.

They didn't get it wrong and it wasn't false information. Obviously EoN/Sony have made a last minute change.
  • They must have. That's a shame. I wonder why ? and whether it will still be released.
  • I
    antovolk wrote: »

Well it's not their fault, it's EON's. They seem to have pushed it back last minute. They sent out a press release to major outlets earlier announcing that it'd come today.

Back on topic.....Smith is performing a concert in Mexico City tonight. Odds of him premiering the song there....

I know. I was wrong saying that. Mi6 is my go to site for everything bond. Its a great fan site. I just got a bit annoyed when it didn't show. I hope they still plan to release today though : (

edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    antovolk wrote: »

Seems unlikely to me, wouldn't the worry then be that people would just furiously bootleg it, and then not buy the official release?

Did Adele premiere the song live before the official release? Genuinely curious, as I don't know.
  • no she didnt
    I personally wouldn't expect Writing's On The Wall to premiere live before the official release.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    So is WOTW premiering tomorrow?