Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    I said earlier that I would most definitely wait until the film releases to hear the song in the theatre for the first time.

.................I've realized I lied......I'm weak....that snippet is so good, I'll have to hear it in its entirety on release and hopefully will be able to maintain my composure at work. Big boys don't cry......

:)) you're not the first and certainly not the last
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Wow, if that's the sound of things to come, Smith is on to a winner. Very classic sound, can't wait to hear the full song....

Meh the sample does nothing for me I am afraid it just sounds like a pastiche on the Connery themes. Wait now I get why people will love it.
  • Sounds retro I love those 15 seconds !
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Meh the sample does nothing for me I am afraid it just sounds like a pastiche on the Connery themes. Wait now I get why people will love it.

I disagree.

This track from the game Blood Stone sounds pastiche...

The Smith 'snippet' has a richness of quality and subtlety to it. Granted, it doesn't break the mould and sounds typically Bondian, but I'm not going to complain. It's tantamount to complaining that cheese came on the cheese burger you ordered. For a 15 minute tease I think it screams Bond.
  • I think that's just the intro. It will probably be more uptempo after that. I like the video. Got me hyped.
    I think it's off to a good start! Can't wait to hear the rest of it! Hopefully it makes it way into the score!
  • antovolk wrote: »

brilliant.sounds like classic Bond. Hopefully the rest of it is just as good.

• edited September 2015 Posts: 163
    Also, sounds a little like Tommorow Never Dies
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Beautiful! Reminds me a bit of the instrumental Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Band mixed up with a touch of YOLT soundtrack. Beautiful!!!
  • Also, sounds a little like Tommorow Never Dies

WHICH BIT ? i don't hear it. The song or the score?
  • Ohhhhh, that is fantastic fun! I love it. :) Yeah, I do. A fun take-off on so much that is classic Bond.

So somehow we could have had some Moore fun in a Craig movie, just have a supporting character being the one who does the slapstick things...
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Makes me think immediately of Thunderball.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I'm extremely impressed. Simple bold and authoritative ...and elegant.

...well based on 15 secs lol.

I think I'm eating crow...

Nice start to the week. Great Heineken ad and now this...

The Heineken ad was really fantastic, loved it!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    NientyTwo wrote: »
    The Heineken ad was really fantastic, loved it!

Yes its a fun ad ...bit of self parody maybe.

That's the most "Mooreish" I've seen Craig.

Craig looks way younger there too ..like circa 2005? ..maybe haircut and looser suits???
    Glad to see large quantities of humble pie being ordered by the 'Sam Smith not Bond' members on here.

I enjoyed the Heineken add, but thought it was more Man from UNCLE meets Stella Artois, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. And it's only an ad.
    You thought it was more "a show kinda like Bond meets a beer kinda like Heineken"... very creative ;)

I thought it was a lot of fun. Craig doing things like this, too, is a nice foil to his more serious material in his films. Good stuff.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I find the 15s of the title track very evocative of "Airship to Silcon Valley" from Barry's A View To A Kill score (particularly from the 20s to the 39s mark below). Unfortunately, the clip below is the only one I could find using that track. Eerily similar, in a good way. Lots of strings.

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Getafix wrote: »
    Glad to see large quantities of humble pie being ordered by the 'Sam Smith not Bond' members on here.

Can I have cherry, please?
  • Makes me think immediately of Thunderball.

It is exactly what I have thought, very "thunderballesque"
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    does anyone have a working iTunes link to preorder for USA?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,425
    You thought it was more "a show kinda like Bond meets a beer kinda like Heineken"... very creative ;)

I thought it was a lot of fun. Craig doing things like this, too, is a nice foil to his more serious material in his films. Good stuff.

I meant it seemed to be referencing 1960s parodies of Bond, rather than Bond, so sort of a parody of a parody. It looks and feels more like the recent Guy Ritchie movie, than any Bond film.

I also meant that the art-direction, style etc. has been done previously ad infinitim by Stella Artois - to the extent that if you removed the Heineken bottles many people might think they are watching an advert for another beer. That's a compliment to Stella Artois, who have a much stronger and distinctive 'brand'. So no, not actually very creative, but still quite enjoyable.

E.g.
  • RC7RC7

I meant it seemed to be referencing 1960s parodies of Bond, rather than Bond, so sort of a parody of a parody. And that the art-direction, style etc. has been done previously ad infinitim by Stella Artois - to the extent that if you removed the Heineken bottles many people might think they are watching an advert for another beer. That's a compliment to Stella Artois, who have a much stronger and distinctive 'brand'. So no, not actually very creative, but still quite enjoyable.

It certainly has the Stella vibe.
    Makes me think immediately of Thunderball.
    Yep that's what I thought of as well. It's gonna be like thunder ball
    I think it's going to be very different from Thunderball, which I've never particualrly liked. Sam Smith is going to provide a much more nuanced vocal than Tom did.
    =bg= wrote: »
    does anyone have a working iTunes link to preorder for USA?

Nothing in Canada either yet.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    they posted a 'pre order here' link but it doesn't work- doesn't go to the song. nice work.
    Yeah for me it just goes to Sam's page. This is pretty par for the course for when a song is available in other stores.

I wonder what would happen if I used my gf's computer with VPN changey-thingy to preorder it from the British store...

Doesn't really matter, it'll become available to us soon enough I'm sure.

I enjoyed the Heineken add, but thought it was more Man from UNCLE meets Stella Artois, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. And it's only an ad.

You can keep the pie and Sam Smith sorry still not convinced.