Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm convinced that Writing's On The Wall will be Smith's best song to date by far.
    He has only released one album and in general singer/songwriters get considerably better with their later efforts.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Yikes!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    Yikes!

Please elaborate.

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited September 2015 Posts: 252
    Sorry. I heared the tune "Like I Can" by Sam Smith. You guys talked about it earlier and I couldn't resist to give Sam Smith another try. The result was "Yikes!". I wish I could like his voice and his way of singing...
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    It's funny that the song will be released on September 23rd... the latest D-day being pushed by the tin foil hat crowd. Maybe this is the omen they predicted? :))
    Sorry. I heared the tune "Like I Can" by Sam Smith. You guys talked about it earlier and I couldn't resist to give Sam Smith another try. The result was "Yikes!". I wish I could like his voice and his way of singing...

What about I'm Not The Only One? Same verdict?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think his voice is the sticking point for some and I'd have to say me as well but I guess we'll see or hear on 25th.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

What about I'm Not The Only One? Same verdict?

This guy is a singer no question and from what I've seen so far he's a nice chap too. But as soon as his voice goes up (like in the refrain of "I'm Not The Only One") I'm out. Sorry! I don't like it but what makes me really nervous is the fact that I just can't figure a James Bond theme track sung in a falsetto voice. But let's wait and see what he comes up with.

To me music is very important in a James Bond movie (actually in any movie) and a bad soundtrack (Newman's tunes for Skyfall if you ask me) or a crap title song (which I would call "Another Way To Die") can spoil it.
    Very fair @Tuxedo, I can understand that. To me the Skyfall soundtrack was good, and I like Another Way to Die on it's own (but not necessarily as a Bond theme). Just goes to show how varying tastes can be.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 163
    Dissapointed it is SS in the end, but maybe it's a good song. Heard a rumour that he is going to perform the song somewhere for it's debut ?! As far as I remember Adele's was released online pretty much out of the blue.
  • Can anyone else confirm whether it will be released at midnight, like last time with Skyfall ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Isn't Live and Let Die a proprietary Bond-ism?
    I know live and let live is a common euphamism. Is Live and Let Die used anywhere that isn't Bond?

I very much doubt that. The book is named after Bond s cynical reply to Felix Leiter s "Live and let live" comment. When he comes up against people like Mr Big and his organization, his motto i s "Live and let die".
  • There's no countdown site for a midnight launch like with skyfall, so I wonder if it wont be released at midnight on Thursday.
    Well avocados are a 'power food' but to live off only a diet of these!!?????? :-/
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2015 Posts: 3,157
    SirGodfrey wrote: »
    "I thought it would just go away - and then I innocently tweeted 'Live and Let Die', which I didn't even know was a Bond song," she insisted.
    Is she totally stupid ?
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a669244/ellie-goulding-knew-for-ages-that-sam-smith-was-doing-the-james-bond-theme-song-for-spectre.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~poDT0OQD614dEr

Either that, or she's a liar, and I seriously hope for her she's the latter. Thanks God they didn't choose her for Bond. I prefer her voice over Smith's, but she doesn't even deserve to be anywhere near Bond.
    So I passed by a bus stop ad for this near the Wandsworth roundabout a couple of hours ago which had the cover art and OUT NOW at the bottom.....
    Seems a tad premature: was it an old poster for Tintin? ;))

16089-the-adventures-of-tintin-1920x1200-cartoon-wallpaper.jpg
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    andmcit wrote: »
    Seems a tad premature: was it an old poster for Tintin? ;))

16089-the-adventures-of-tintin-1920x1200-cartoon-wallpaper.jpg

:))

It was 100% Smith/SPECTRE - had Sam Smith at the top, the SPECTRE title w/ 007 logo at the bottom and OUT NOW.
  • At what time is Sam Smith's song releasing. Will it be a midnight launch ? Does anyone know or have any ideas
  • At what time is Sam Smith's song releasing. Will it be a midnight launch ? Does anyone know or have any ideas

Adele's Skyfall was officially released on midnight but snippets of the song had been released on radio or Internet ahead of time. I say to watch out for leaks starting tomorrow.

In the interest of time, rumour has it Lana Del Rey did record a theme song for SP which then got discarded. The track, titled "24", has been added to her new album "Honeymoon".

Source: http://www.inquisitr.com/2431691/lana-del-reys-honeymoon-includes-passed-over-james-bond-spectre-track/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+google/yDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)
    At what time is Sam Smith's song releasing. Will it be a midnight launch ? Does anyone know or have any ideas

Adele's Skyfall was officially released on midnight but snippets of the song had been released on radio or Internet ahead of time. I say to watch out for leaks starting tomorrow.

In the interest of time, rumour has it Lana Del Rey did record a theme song for SP which then got discarded. The track, titled "24", has been added to her new album "Honeymoon".

Source: http://www.inquisitr.com/2431691/lana-del-reys-honeymoon-includes-passed-over-james-bond-spectre-track/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+google/yDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)

Listened to the preview on iTunes, sounded great!

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,446
    Adele created a lot of promotion with Skyfall. I am disapointed Sam Smith confirmd whas not talk about in ''De Wereld Draait Door'' last weak. Whyle there talk more then 3 times about Adele and Skyfall.

But Adele never been seen in program.. Sam Smith whas in January 2014 at start of his fame.

There also talking bit that BBC already said Sam Smith be singer of 2014. This turn out to be right.

Whyle Daniel Kleinman not realy need inspiration (See Skyfall maintitles) , stil mabey intresting for him.. Style look like a bit QOS and Skyfall maintitle inspyred.

edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    After listening to Lana Del Rey's new Album Honeymoon I'm quite cross that she wasn't chosen to do the Bond theme.
    I mean if there is anyone around that sounds like Bond in every third song then it's her.

Sam Smith's song better be good.

I'm going to listen to Ellie Goulding's Album as soon as it is released, as she probably was rejected too with some song, and that has certainly ended up on her soon to be released album.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,068
    I love LDR but I'm glad it was rejected as that doesn't do it for me as a Bond title track: maybe for the closing credits yes, but not the start. It's too slow and chilled out - Bond for me should have something with more gusto, a charge of energy running through it.

No surprises then that I adore OMHSS which of course has no lyrics but previous films of the series do have a lot of impact to them too (TB, MWTGG, AVTAK, GE, YKMN and SF). Really not convinced SS will do anything better than this LDR track - he just doesn't have the Hwyl!
  • I feel like she has the perfect voice for bond, but I don't really like that song for bond
    The "24" song is not one I would recommend for Bond either, I'm not sure this is really what she did for Bond. Is there a source for that?
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Nice voice, pitiful song on the Lana Del Rey track. As Kermode says in his Bond reviews, "Can you hum the theme tune?" That one you certainly can't.

Why not using them for the end titles song??? Has been a while since we had an end titles song no??
    Here's a pic of the ad from Reddit
    12027532_770443909733785_994085880129237606_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a19aab7ee1cc757568ed1059241f1258&oe=569F5E23