SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Guy Ritchie? Tom Hooper? They would be terrible choices. Denis Villeneuve or Cary Fukunaga? Either of them would be interesting! No matter what happens, I believe there will be BIG changes after Spectre. My predictions:

1. Michael G. Wilson won't be one of the producers of Bond 25, although he will probably get an "executive producer" credit or something similar. Gregg Wilson will get a promotion, and will produce the movie together with Barbara Broccoli.
    2. Craig won't return.
    3. The first movie of the new era will be directed AND written by Christopher Nolan. (Which means Bond 25 will be the first Bond film ever to be written and directed by the same person.)

You read my mind.
    I think we can all agree it all comes down to (in order of importance):
    1) Spectre's success at the BO
    2) Craig's physical condition in the years to come
    3) Mendes not returning
    I think considering the rumours surrounding SP's storyline, there is a possibility that Craig and Mendes intend this to be there last Bond film together. However, I think it's fairly certain that Daniel will be back for Bond 25 and if the story does in some way pick up from where SP left off there, I feel Mendes will return.

I think he has to stick around the finish off the Craig era. He has become very linked and associated with Craig's tenure.

I think SP's reception will play a huge role in Mendes deciding to return or not. I remember last time he gave the same ambiguous answer when asked about returning, it was only after the rave reviews, the billion dollar box office, the overwhelmingly positive response in the UK, the Academy Award and the BAFTAs that cemented Mendes's decision to return for an encore. If SP can hold a candle to SF in much the same way, I think Mendes may return. However, I feel he may want to do a smaller film inbetween first.

In terms of replacement, there are a lot of great names for people to consider, and since EON were able to get A-list talent in Mendes we can rule out journeymen directors for the time being.

Denis Villeneuve www.imdb.com/name/nm0898288/
    Cary Fukunaga www.imdb.com/name/nm1560977/
    Alfonso Cuarón www.imdb.com/name/nm0190859/
    David Fincher www.imdb.com/name/nm0000399/
    Tom Hooper www.imdb.com/name/nm0393799/
    Morten Tyldum www.imdb.com/name/nm0878763/
    Kathryn Bigelow www.imdb.com/name/nm0000941/?ref_=nv_sr_1

For me, I'd love to see Villeneuve or Fukunaga have a go next. Though Bigelow would be terrific.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 220
    Here's a video from the Belgian TV featuring an interview of Marc Zinga (from 1:15 to 4:15). On May 20th, he confirmed that all scenes were ended for him. Seems it was only on set in London and Rome. He said Monica Bellucci was very friendly and sweet (although he didn't talk about this snapshot):
    [img][/img]597220zingacraigwaltzbelluccifuneral.jpg
    Video link (in French): rtl.be/videos/video/537097.aspx
  • x007AceOfSpadesx007AceOfSpades Sunny Southern California
    edited July 2015 Posts: 21
    I'm not sure if Fukunaga's style would fit Bond, but I do like him a lot.

I'd be all for Villeneuve directing, but it all depends on if he's still working on the Blade Runner sequel when pre-production begins for Bond 25.
    Title song recorded, and over 100 minutes of music! Wow! That is a lot so really looking forward to hearing some soon please!
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Title song recorded, and over 100 minutes of music! Wow! That is a lot so really looking forward to hearing some soon please!

I don't think you'll be hearing the theme until 3 weeks before the film opens and re. the score, it's unlikely you'll hear that until you see the movie. I imagine the soundtrack will release on 26th October also.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    RC7 wrote: »

I don't think you'll be hearing the theme until 3 weeks before the film opens and re. the score, it's unlikely you'll hear that until you see the movie. I imagine the soundtrack will release on 26th October also.

In 2012 Skyfall's soundtrack was released in early october.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Walecs wrote: »

I know, I don't know whether they'll do the same with SP with it's release being on a Monday. It's possible they'll release close to the theme as usual, but either way October is not 'soon'.

Actually, on second thoughts, was SF early October? I seem to remember downloading the day after the premiere. I usually can't help myself and listen to snippets before viewing, but with SF the first time I heard the score was at the premiere.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 212

I know, I don't know whether they'll do the same with SP with it's release being on a Monday. It's possible they'll release close to the theme as usual, but either way October is not 'soon'.

Actually, on second thoughts, was SF early October? I seem to remember downloading the day after the premiere. I usually can't help myself and listen to snippets before viewing, but with SF the first time I heard the score was at the premiere.

Was a Friday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/jamesbond/9579703/Adeles-James-Bond-theme-for-Skyfall-to-premiere-this-week.html

• RC7RC7

Was a Friday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/jamesbond/9579703/Adeles-James-Bond-theme-for-Skyfall-to-premiere-this-week.html

I'm talking about the score. We know the theme will be out at a similar time as it will need airplay.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Mr Mendes says this'll be his last Bond movie, although he doesn't seem overly sure.......

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-07-19/bond-director-sam-mendes-says-spectre-will-be-his-last-007-film
    I remember listening to Skyfall's soundtrack several days before the movie's release, but to be fair the movie was released on October 30th in Italy, thus it probably was mid-October.
  • RC7RC7
    I remember listening to Skyfall's soundtrack several days before the movie's release, but to be fair the movie was released on October 30th in Italy, thus it probably was mid-October.

It was apparently 29th October.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I remember Amazon having 15 second previews of each track at least a week before.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The Bond hype machine is just so crazy. I remember when some clown said that tge new theme was played at an HMV store and how it sounded like the TLD theme...and then also when many people were so sure that instrumental from that coke zero ad was the theme. Entertaining times.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,157

It was apparently 29th October.
    Impossible. As I said, I listened to it about a week before, and this video proves it:

It was uploaded on October 22nd.

However, I admit my mistake when I said "early October".
    Since people are asking who should direct bond 25 and can follow Sam Mendes...

I am just going to leave this here

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Since people are asking who should direct bond 25 and can follow Sam Mendes...

I am just going to leave this here

Seems possible, as Daniel Craig has ties to Spielberg.
    Spielberg did want to direct a Bond film before Lucas gave him Indiana Jones. Maybe Spielberg would want to direct one this time and maybe we can get a John Williams Bond score
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    If John Williams is up for it.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Spielberg did want to direct a Bond film before Lucas gave him Indiana Jones. Maybe Spielberg would want to direct one this time and maybe we can get a John Williams Bond score

Very much a possibility for Bond 25. The producers could get amazing directors to helm the films, I don't see why not him.
    Spielberg would be a good choice, but only if Daniel Craig returns for Bond 25. I wouldn't want him to helm the first film of a new era.
    Im pretty sure Craig will do Bond 25 unless Spectre really Bombs at the box office. Why end on Bond 24 when you can end on a better number 25. I even think Craig would want to do 1 more just so he can beat Brosnan as do the producers
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,554
    I haven't read the SP script. But given the title, and the re-introduction of SPECTRE to the Bond universe, it certainly seems plausible that Mendes, DC, and even Waltz return for 25.

Someone pointed this out to me recently: Only Connery and Moore have done 5+ films. Craig will want to join them.
    TripAces wrote: »
    I haven't read the SP script. But given the title, and the re-introduction of SPECTRE to the Bond universe, it certainly seems plausible that Mendes, DC, and even Waltz return for 25.

Someone pointed this out to me recently: Only Connery and Moore have done 5+ films. Craig will want to join them.

I would not bet on that. Actors don't measure their performances on quantity, just on quality.
    Craig is a very strong and singular character; if he feels he has done Bond, at his age, he will step down. If Bond 25 has a great story and director he might stay on. Just my opinion.
    Id love it to happen but there is no way Mr S will ever direct a Bond film now.Too big a name for the franchise!
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Id love it to happen but there is no way Mr S will ever direct a Bond film now.Too big a name for the franchise!
    And probably a bit pricey
    Spielberg's deal according to what I've read a few times is absolutely insane, like 40% of GROSS, right from 1st dollar (Idea is he brings the stuff in so fast and economically that you're saving on the front end.) Bond producers haven't been willing to share even a fraction of that, and I can't imagine THAT aspect would ever change.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Spielberg enjoyed SF btw but said back in 2012 that although a fan they couldn't afford him.

Plenty others
  • RC7RC7
    Plenty of directors better placed to tackle Bond than Spielberg.