Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ultron was surprisingly funny, which was good. I didn't want Loki to be the only snarky villain in the franchise.
  • RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    IMO Ultron was just...'there'.

Pretty much. His plan was also accelerated far too fast, with little to no explanation. Ok, we have a bad guy who thinks humans are the problem. Nothing goes deeper than that.
    What was there to slow down? Ultron was based on an alien AI software, coupled with Tony Stark´s mental-emotional input, which led instantly to a certain interpretation of Stark´s input. The software having kind of black-hole qualities, was naturally instantly fast.

I was positively surprised by Ultron´s weird sense of humor. I had expected some sinister monster, but I prefer him much more as he is in the film.

i just thought the the process by which he determined 'the human race' was the problem wasn't dealt with in a resonant way. It all happened very rapidly, with no justification or explanation for why. I also thought he was rather flaccid as the 'villainous threat'. They could have added a little more nuance to him, but they were obviously preoccupied with the multiple story strands. I actually considered whether they missed a trick in not having Downey Jnr play the role.

As an aside, he looked too much like General Grievous for me to take him seriously.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A short time ago I finished Daredevil season one and am eager to discuss it with like-minded folk. Would anyone be interested if I started a thread for the series here, so that we can openly discuss it without leaking spoilers into this one? For those that haven't experienced it yet, it's essential viewing. Absolute brilliance.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A short time ago I finished Daredevil season one and am eager to discuss it with like-minded folk. Would anyone be interested if I started a thread for the series here, so that we can openly discuss it without leaking spoilers into this one? For those that haven't experienced it yet, it's essential viewing. Absolute brilliance.

Stop telling me things like this! You're making the wait until the eventual DVD release damn near unbearable and I don't have the internet necessary for Netflix!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Stop telling me things like this! You're making the wait until the eventual DVD release damn near unbearable and I don't have the internet necessary for Netflix!

I'm sure that at least for the time being you could find a decent enough stream of it online that has high enough quality. I just don't want anything to be spoiled for you about this show, because it is so special, and that can happen easily if you don't watch a TV show/movie quick enough. We live in a culture that spoils things for others right out of the gate instead of letting them enjoy the product on their own time. After all, you can always go back and watch the show in high quality later on after you've experienced it for the first time.
    No, actually, I can't. Data issues, and crap like that. Often, a 10 minute YouTube video takes a chunk out.
    Man, that's a shame. All the same, stay clear of the internet. It isn't your friend.
    Hopefully, it heads to DVD soon. Alongside Agent Carter, which was also awesome.
    That actually seems quite likely. Netflix released the entire season day one, so I'd imagine the disc and digital releases will come quicker as well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Why can't we just call this Avengers 3? I really hope that the Russo's can juggle this expansive cast well, and it's about damned time General Ross shows up again. Somebody from the Incredible Hulk finally reprises their role, I'm extremely happy about this.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah except there's no hulk. They really need to confirm the casting for who the actor is that will be spider-man! Cap 3 as it is is already bigger than any of the 2 Avengers movies. This is going to be a truly epic movie and I trust the Russo boys will deliver.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,310
    This isn't the cinematic universe per se, but there's news that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter have been renewed for a third and second season respectively. A lot of people weren't betting on Agent Carter, but it seemed the Marvel Gods came through on that one.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/07/report-galavant-renewed-by-abc-for-second-season/400431/
    Why can't we just call this Avengers 3? I really hope that the Russo's can juggle this expansive cast well, and it's about damned time General Ross shows up again. Somebody from the Incredible Hulk finally reprises their role, I'm extremely happy about this.

We sometimes complain that the Bond films focus too much on continuity, and are not so much "fun standalone movies" anymore.

The thing with these Marvel films is though, that they are really sacrificing good extensive character development for the sake of continuity. Individual movies have become mere vehicles to kick-off or jumpstart so called "Phase 3" storylines. And to do so, too many ensemble casts are being used to make that happen. The 3rd "Captain America" will be a prime example.

This saddens me a bit. It's the nature of this Marvel brand though. With so many comic books available -no one is asking which comic books are good or bad, and they are being published like cheap paperbacks- it becomes difficult for movie producers to use the source material carefully.

I really hope "Captain America" won't turn into another "Avengers"-like ensemble film. I really hope Disney can focus a bit, by developing certain "One Character"-franchises like "Iron Man, "Guardians Of The Galaxy" and "Captain America" a bit more. Each of those are good enough as franchises on their own...
    Kevin Feige's Marvel Contract Renewed; Says There Won't Be Any "Dark Turns" In The MCU

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSewer/news/?a=120254
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Kevin Feige's Marvel Contract Renewed; Says There Won't Be Any "Dark Turns" In The MCU

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSewer/news/?a=120254

That statement doesn't hold much weight for me. What's more dark than a superhero vs. superhero war? The good guys should be facing evil, not themselves. Now that is depressing.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,437
    Iron Man style poster of Ant-Man.

600x889x11234984_10152898977830954_5532041811472636047_o.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DlCNSXx_pp.jpg

Dutch release date is 6 August.
    They are....all the same no :-)?
    By far not as much as IronBat and IronMan. This looks good. I was unimpressed in the beginning, but I hink I want to see it after all.
    Filming of Cap and crossbones going at it from Captain America civil war

Please excuse me while I have an orgasm.
    This is great news and fantastic casting. He was great on TwD.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Then expect The Punisher to rub his head a lot. ;)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Great news! I certainly was not expecting Jon Bernthal but I am completely on board with this.
    I too never would have thought of him but now that the idea has been placed before me I LOVE IT

Awesome choice!

Can't wait to see him fight Matt Murdock- those two hate each other, lol
    Then expect The Punisher to rub his head a lot. ;)

He's clearly going to shave his head three episodes in, and then go even crazier, obviously.
    Please excuse me while I have an orgasm.

agreed
    How is it the Marvel Cinematic Universe keeps snatching up amazing actors?