Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Cool. Post a pic if she is.
    Gerard wrote: »
    New trailer for Ant-Man, with a surprise guest appearance by... Well, see for yourself :

I have been to Thomasland here in the UK! He kept that cameo quiet!!!! :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not too bad at all. Far better a trailer than the first one.
  • Ant Man looks like a bit of fun. But is it just me or is anyone else getting fed up with all these super hero movies. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe I have only seen IRON MAN 1 - CAPTAIN AMERICA 1 and 2 (sat throught it when it was on tv) - The 2 Hulk movies (Ang Lee and the other one) have not seen a single THOR film GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY or THE AVENGERS. Every other film these days seems to be a super hero film. Plus they are stealing all the upcoming release dates in 2016,2017,2018,2019,2020 etc....Bond 25 will have to battle a MARVEL film for a release date probably in 2018!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    As someone who grew up reading mainly Marvel comic books, this is truly an amazing time. Seeing these characters coming to life is something that I could only imagine and to see how serious and big they;ve become cinematically, it's a dream come true. The big one is definitely going to be Cap 3 when the Icon finally swings back home in all his web-tastic glory.
    I must say I´m surprised by that new Ant Man trailer. I didn´t care much for the teaser, but this looks like it could be a whole lot of fun. Dammit those Marvel bastards get me to watch their ***t time and again...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    As someone who grew up reading mainly Marvel comic books, this is truly an amazing time. Seeing these characters coming to life is something that I could only imagine and to see how serious and big they;ve become cinematically, it's a dream come true. The big one is definitely going to be Cap 3 when the Icon finally swings back home in all his web-tastic glory.

100% agree, mate. Superhero tales told in comics/graphic novels and on TV were a massive part of my childhood, so seeing all these heroes getting such grand appearances in big money blockbusters is a thrill. Adding to that, they've gotten so much exposure and the public eats them up, talking with their wallets. It's become a massive phenomenon.

I tell my best friend this all the time( who shares my affinity for all this lore): People are finally seeing what's important in life, and what we've always known since we were kids: Batman, Spider-Man, Watchmen and all the rest of the great superheroes. ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »

100% agree, mate. Superhero tales told in comics/graphic novels and on TV were a massive part of my childhood, so seeing all these heroes getting such grand appearances in big money blockbusters is a thrill. Adding to that, they've gotten so much exposure and the public eats them up, talking with their wallets. It's become a massive phenomenon.

I tell my best friend this all the time( who shares my affinity for all this lore): People are finally seeing what's important in life, and what we've always known since we were kids: Batman, Spider-Man, Watchmen and all the rest of the great superheroes. ;)

Precisely. I understand that many people maybe burnt out by all these comic book movies but it's truly something remarkable for us comic fans. I wasn't born during the heights of Bond mania or when Star Wars was first released but to be able to be around and witness these remarkable creations come to life in a big way that's so entrenched within the fabric of society is something incredibly exciting and something I'm truly thankful for.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is a dream come true.
    Holy moly, guys. Netflix's Daredevil is a must see. The cinematography, score, writing, acting, fighting choreography, all of it is top notch. Anyone who loves superhero adaptations-especially the character of Daredevil-must watch this one.

I'm only two episodes in, but already the writers have succeeded in progressing a present day story while informing people about Matt's origins and how he came to be. The tone is sombre and dark, much like the cinematography, with scenes often set amongst the shadows. New York's Hell's Kitchen violently comes alive: dark, moody, atmospheric and covered in blood.

Charlie Cox is a phenomenal lead and Matt is such a well written and fascinating character. We really get into his world, seeing what it entails to lead the life of a blind man and we experience how he functions differently from others around him along the way, which adds so many layers to his character. In many adaptions we never get to see Matt's life before and after the accident, but here we get to see a lot about his relationship with his Dad and so much more. The supporting cast is just as strong, perfectly cast. I can't wait to see more of Kingpin.

And the fighting, oh the fighting. Each episode has enthralled me with the choreography of the action. You feel every single punch thrown, and episode two contains one moment that is at least three minutes long, filmed in just one shot. That's right, no cutting whatsoever. The people working on this show are so damn talented.

Watch it now, or I'll cast the devil upon you!

daredevil.jpg
    100% true.
    I'm after episode 7 and I must say that Daredevil is a good comic book tv series.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I have neither the Netflix nor the data plan to watch it, but as soon as it's out on DVD, it'll be purchased day one.
    I have neither the Netflix nor the data plan to watch it, but as soon as it's out on DVD, it'll be purchased day one.

It's worthy B-)
    I have an obligation to buy Marvel Cinematic Universe DVDs. Even if I'd heard that it was sh*t, I'd still buy it, but since I know it's awesome, it just makes it priority.
    Saw "Avengers : Age of Ultron" yesterday. I will not give spoilers for those who have not seen it. All I will say is that I loved it a lot. Each member of the cast gets his or her chance to shine, both power and acting wise.. My favorite moment : the "brick joke (no spoiler, you'll know it when you'll see it). And Stan Lee's cameo was really great.
    Sunday... I have to wait until Sunday...
    I'm going to see it hopefully within the next couple of days?!!!
    Just watched Age of Ultron, had many wtf moments. Seemed to fly by at some velocity will need to watch out again to pick up on details I may have missed. Overall had some mega comic book moments.
    A couple years ago this was released

Mauricio-Abril-Spidey-Sony-980x466.jpg

But now...

OquInCV.jpg
    That's adorable. In addition, if only Tony had made Ultron out of sand, their problems would've all been over fast. ;)
    That's adorable. In addition, if only Tony had made Ultron out of sand, their problems would've all been over fast. ;)

I don't know. Over the years, Spier-Man has had a lot of problems with a man made of sand, so...

Gerard wrote: »

I don't know. Over the years, Spier-Man has had a lot of problems with a man made of sand, so...

At first, but he and Flint Marko finished on good terms, so there's that...
    It has to be said, when the Hulk hops into the Quinjet and Ultron says, "Oh, for God's sake!" is the funniest moment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    It has to be said, when the Hulk hops into the Quinjet and Ultron says, "Oh, for God's sake!" is the funniest moment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I laughed at that, was quality.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I laughed at that, was quality.

Haha, me too. He has several funny scenes, but that was maybe the best.
    Ultron is, no doubt because of James Spader's awesome performance, my favorite MCU villain.
  • RC7RC7
    Ultron is, no doubt because of James Spader's awesome performance, my favorite MCU villain.

Spader was decent, but I thought Ultron on the whole was really disappointing. So much promise, with so little pay off. It's a shame because there was a decent story to tell, but if you have to service a tonne of other characters along the way it's a tough juggling act.
    RC7 wrote: »

Spader was decent, but I thought Ultron on the whole was really disappointing. So much promise, with so little pay off. It's a shame because there was a decent story to tell, but if you have to service a tonne of other characters along the way it's a tough juggling act.

I was also disappointed in the grotesque Ultron. If you really want to see a good film about A.I./androids, then watch the wunderful "Ex Machina".
    IMO Ultron was just...'there'. Marvel doesn't take the time anymore for individual characters to at least...flourish over several movies. I even prefer Data in "Star Trek" over Ultron.
  • RC7RC7
    IMO Ultron was just...'there'.

Pretty much. His plan was also accelerated far too fast, with little to no explanation. Ok, we have a bad guy who thinks humans are the problem. Nothing goes deeper than that.
    RC7 wrote: »
    IMO Ultron was just...'there'.

Pretty much. His plan was also accelerated far too fast, with little to no explanation. Ok, we have a bad guy who thinks humans are the problem. Nothing goes deeper than that.
    What was there to slow down? Ultron was based on an alien AI software, coupled with Tony Stark´s mental-emotional input, which led instantly to a certain interpretation of Stark´s input. The software having kind of black-hole qualities, was naturally instantly fast.

I was positively surprised by Ultron´s weird sense of humor. I had expected some sinister monster, but I prefer him much more as he is in the film.