Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• edited January 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Joss Whedon Says It's "Very Doubtful" He Will Return For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114265
    That´s what they all say, isn´t it ;-)?

That Fantastic Four teaser looks like a giant waste of money.

Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the teaser for the new version of "The Fantastic Four" :

I'll reserve my judgment for when and if I watch it.

Well that certainly appears to be a lot darker than what we have seen before!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Not that I was going to see it anyway, but that trailer didn't interest me in the slightest.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm conflicted. It might surprise me, it might not. We'll see.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will definitely see it. One of the most anticipated upcoming films for me.
    I'm conflicted. It might surprise me, it might not. We'll see.
    Considering that the trailer looks as if it were put together from footage of five or six films that were in theaters the last two years, it would already be a surprise if the film was halfway decent.

No, I think I´m exaggerating. I guess it´ll be ok, I´m just too old for being the target audience.

Matt Murdock' Isn't Seeking Forgiveness In Bloody First Trailer For DAREDEVIL

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Looks interesting, and VERY noir, which is great. I love that Netflix is making all the episodes available to stream the day of the show's release.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Breaking: Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Team-Up for Spider-Man Film Future

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/10/breaking-marvel-studios-and-sony-pictures-team-up-for-spider-man/

spider-man-avengers-2-121687.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Black panther being delayed by 8 months because of this new deal is a personal disappointment.
    Looks like Benedict Cucumberbotch is out and Joaquin Phoenix in for the part of Dr Strange. Good news if true.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Looks like Benedict Cucumberbotch is out and Joaquin Phoenix in for the part of Dr Strange. Good news if true.

Where did you hear that? I'd like it to be true.
    So a couple thoughts on the Spider-Man thing:

- "Sony will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films." Sony is still very much at the helm of the Spider-Man ship. This isn't ideal. Sony needs to step up their game because they're in the big leagues now, so to speak. Fortunately they'll have Feige in their corner.

- Andrew Garfield is reportedly out. I'm pretty indifferent on this. I thought he was a good Spider-Man but I didn't like his version of Peter Parker.

- If Spidey is recast, for the love of god, we don't need another origin! Lets just all pretend that he has already been active in the MCU but just hasn't been introduced yet.

- It seems Marvel has been tasked with introducing Spider-Man into the MCU. I imagine they're going to shoehorn him into Civil War. Hell, knowing Marvel, they may even surprise us with a introduction to the character in a mid/post-credit sequence in Avengers:AoU or AntMan.
    I hope Avi Arad is nowhere near this.

Also with Feige involved we should in principle get the best spidey movies yet.
    About time Spidey arrived in the larger Marvel universe! :-bd
    Even more so when spidey IS to Marvel what Mickey mouse is to Disney.
    - If Spidey is recast, for the love of god, we don't need another origin! Lets just all pretend that he has already been active in the MCU but just hasn't been introduced yet.
    Since the plan says he will first appear in some other Marvel film, and only then get a solo film, it´s hard to imagine it will be an origin story.

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

I think they are going to do with Spider-Man what DC is doing with Bat-Man and just having him already be established as a hero when we first see him. I think it's more-or-less been confirmed that he will be in Captain America: Civil War and then in 2017 have his own solo movie.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    That Fantastic Four teaser looks like a giant waste of money.
    But it will be good because everyone will whisper all of their lines.

Shhhh, this movie is really serious.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 45,489

Where did you hear that? I'd like it to be true.

Never mind. It appears the studio wanted him, but he was not interested.

Do you know who would have made a great Dr. Strange? Ethan Hawke.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hrm... I almost want to make a fake gunbarrel with Iron Man replacing Bond.
    James-Bond-style opening? I agree, Shield HQ dropping into a hole in the ground wasn´t big enough.
    And he drops other names too, LOTR, and Godfather. So he´s one ahead of Nolan, who I think left out LOTR.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron - Trailer 3

That Avengers trailer just rewetted my appetite for this movie! :-bd
    Mine, too. I am intrigued.
    What is that film about, except superheroes fighting an army of robots?
    It is a reimagining of Pinocchio.
    Casting Tony Stark and Bruce Banner as Gepetto.