SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    We'll know in November.
    antovolk wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    @AVB Chewetel Ejiofor. It wasn't that hard to look up.
    Chiwetel was considered for Denbigh/C I believe by Sony execs. Mendes' choice was Scott, who happened to also be cheaper.

Chiwetel Ejiofor was seriously considered for Blofeld back in 2013, when Blofeld was African in the screenplay. Only after the rewrites did they ask him to play Denbigh, which role he turned down (or didn't have time for it, etc.) Later they wanted to cast David Oyelowo to play Denbigh, which didn't work out either...
    MOROCCO on-location shooting (total: 24 days, March, April & June, for both Erfoud & Tanger):
    --> 01.06 until 10.06: Shooting Christoph Waltz, Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux & Monica Bellucci on location (Center of Erfoud), main unit only [TBF]
    --> 11.06 until 20.06: Shooting Christoph Waltz, Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux & Monica Bellucci on location (Center of Tanger, the "Medina de Tanger"), main unit only [TBF]

???

Monica Belluci in Morocco?

Where does this info come from? It's new to me.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    MOROCCO on-location shooting (total: 24 days, March, April & June, for both Erfoud & Tanger):
    --> 01.06 until 10.06: Shooting Christoph Waltz, Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux & Monica Bellucci on location (Center of Erfoud), main unit only [TBF]
    --> 11.06 until 20.06: Shooting Christoph Waltz, Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux & Monica Bellucci on location (Center of Tanger, the "Medina de Tanger"), main unit only [TBF]

???

Gustav has not read the leaks so he is assuming that Monica will be in Morocco. And if we tell him that she is not, then we will accused of supplying information from the Sony leaks. So nothing we can do really.
    GG is very keen, but he has jumped to several incorrect conclusions.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 220
    Jan1985 wrote:

???

Actually I was also surprised but some newspapers in Morocco claim her attendance with other actors although I'm really not sure this kind of sources is reliable: http://referentiel-cinema-maroc.ma/cinema/2015/03/daniel-craig-en-juin-au-maroc-pour-le-24e-james-bond/
    Because Monica Bellucci has said that she was on set in January and February and after she should be involved in the last movie of Emir Kusturica. It confirms she isn't probably showing up in June.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,622
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Enough to make head spin. Boggles.
    :-O
    timmer wrote: »
    Enough to make head spin. Boggles.
    :-O
    Sometimes I find it hard to discuss things with him, in case I inadvertently spoil something by disagreeing
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He has a very wild imagination. :P
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Sometimes I find it hard to discuss things with him, in case I inadvertently spoil something by disagreeing

Well imagine for those who are in heated "debate" with Mr I-Am-Always-Right, and who cannot say he's wrong because it would spoil others :) And in the same time, it is him who is responsible for the "According to the leaks, Madeleine is White's daughter" spoiler in the Production Timeline thread (possibly the biggest spoiler so far that was posted outside this thread). Do what I say, not what I do...
    I find the leaks have made things difficult and easy for this film it's easy because I only read the outline but I love it so I know I will enjoy the film and with performances this might be top 10. But difficult because I wanna talk Bond 25 and I can't without spoiling the film lol

The joys of being a bond fan I suppose
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote:

Actually I was also surprised but some newspapers in Morocco claim her attendance with other actors although I'm really not sure this kind of sources is reliable: http://referentiel-cinema-maroc.ma/cinema/2015/03/daniel-craig-en-juin-au-maroc-pour-le-24e-james-bond/

Maybe she will be there to do press work, maybe a press conference?
    Like Bautista, Waltz and Seydoux were in Mexico only to promote the movie.
    Sorry to take the thread in a slightly different direction but, having watched Skyfall again on ITV 2 (anyone got the viewing figures?), with the link to Bond's personal past such a clear reference point within Spectre, I wondered if they ever considered bringing back Kincade? He is the personal link that he have been introduced to already to Bond's early years. Bond's dialogue/banter with Kincade worked very well IMHO and if Bond needed to research his passed, Kincade would be a legitimate line of enquiry. Perhaps I am biased as, for me, he was a great addition to Skyfall. I can imagine Bond tracking him down after getting a job at Balmoral or similar and sharing memories over a crafty scotch in the groundsman's shed. or an isolted cottage where he had some old family photos that could provide a lead....?

Well imagine for those who are in heated "debate" with Mr I-Am-Always-Right, and who cannot say he's wrong because it would spoil others :) And in the same time, it is him who is responsible for the "According to the leaks, Madeleine is White's daughter" spoiler in the Production Timeline thread (possibly the biggest spoiler so far that was posted outside this thread). Do what I say, not what I do...
    I think we are getting to the point where so much has been revealed about the film from official releases and the following of the production, that its getting difficult to remember what info has life outside the leaks, and what doesn't.
    ie by time time Skyfall was released, I knew the whole movie, at least the broadstrokes.
    I knew the storyline, all the twists, and had visual imaging of virtually all the scenes.
    I was not surprised at all by anything that went down in the film, when I first saw it, and that was from following production on this board.
    There was no leaked script or outline. I think we will soon reach a point, where the leaks are redundant.
    What the leaks have done though is allowed us to get a head start on discussing story details, but we are still very reliant on the production thread in terms of learning the look of the picture.
    The fact that GG is so wildly wrong with much of his speculation I think attests to two things.
    First, not all the leaked material is out there yet, but also that he is far more prone to wild speculating and off-base, even whimsical guesswork, than your average more grounded member.
    So getting into discussion with him is dangerous, as he is so off base. Others are working more sobrely with the info that is out there, and taking pains to draw more correct conclusions, based on what has actually been revealed to them.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    When it was stated in the Empire magazine that the Hoffler Klinik will be dismantled and it will be the new MI6 headquarters.

I think that the MI6 office will be traditional and the same as it was at the end of SF, except we didn't get to see the other parts of the office - we just saw Moneypenny's office desk and M's office.

I think that the dismantled framework of the Hoffler Klinik set will be used for the set of the Centre of National Security - C's office. The reporter wasn't probably told about that.
    I can't see any reason for Bellucci to be in Morocco, other than maybe for publicity, much like Seydoux being brought to Mexico
    @aaron819. Sure why not. It could be used for C's office.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I can't see any reason for Bellucci to be in Morocco, other than maybe for publicity, much like Seydoux being brought to Mexico

Not unless they've decided to up her part and have the late widow appear with Ernst in his desert lair. She could be revealed to have been working for Spectre all along, sending Bond on to the Rome meeting and thus setting the wheels in motion?

I hope not but just a thought!

• edited April 2015 Posts: 4,619

Not unless they've decided to up her part and have the late widow appear with Ernst in his desert lair. She could be revealed to have been working for Spectre all along, sending Bond on to the Rome meeting and thus setting the wheels in motion?

I believe all the Morocco interior scenes will be (or were) shot at Pinewood.
    I believe all the Morocco interior scenes will be (or were) shot at Pinewood.

Oh yeah, of course they are. Probably rules that out then.

Unless she's driving the Rolls ;)

Not unless they've decided to up her part and have the late widow appear with Ernst in his desert lair. She could be revealed to have been working for Spectre all along
    That doesn't make sense, since she is only seconds away from being offed at her home, by SPECTRE henchmen.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 267
    Or they've just got the information wrong and just put her name automatically thinking that she'll be in the scene. Remember, some people still think she's gonna be Blofeld, even after the trailer.

could be they are setting her up as Irma Bunt in 'Blofeld begins' er i mean Spectre! she would play the lesbian henchwomen in the earlier drafts, and will be responsible for Madelines death in bond 25.

Zekidk wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense, since she is only seconds away from being offed at her home, by SPECTRE henchmen.

Well, the 'hit' could have all been set up for Bond's benefit so he would trust her..

Look, I'm just surmising the reason for Bellucci to be in Morocco if - and that's a very big if - this production rumour is indeed true.

As for it making sense, no of course not but don't forget this film is being brought to us by the same creative team behind Silva's revenge plot in SF!

don't forget this film is being brought to us by the same creative team behind Silva's revenge plot in SF!
    You got me there! Yes... anything is possible. She can even turn out to be a 10ft ninja with X-ray vision :-)

• timmer wrote: »
    I think we are getting to the point where so much has been revealed about the film from official releases and the following of the production, that its getting difficult to remember what info has life outside the leaks, and what doesn't.

Uh ? Outside the leaks, there's only four lines of dialog that are known... and someone just wrote in a thread outside this one the final words of the script.

If some here to think that "what they know" is now close to "what can be guessed from the available info", then they're basically destroying the fun of guessing the others have. All the info we have from production is *coherent*, but no way one would have been able to guess the script from it.

There are hundreds of members who are not GG, think of them. There's no reason to start discussing Bond 25 outside this thread just because some thinks SPECTRE's story is "well known" now.

Who revealed the last lines?
  • Ottofuse8 in the first reply to the bullet thread, he put it in spoiler, but I don't think people expect the cliffhanger of SPECTRE in a spoiler in a regular thread. I flagged the post to the moderators.
    Some people have no respect to those who are trying to go into the film "clean"
    Don't worry @suive, I don't think anyone wants to spoil for anyone else. We of course must be vigilant.
    What I said was, that with so much story info having been revealed via normal channels, most of it aggregated in our production thread, its become more difficult to remember what story threads have been revealed via normal channels as opposed to only by leaks.
    But yes of course dialogue is a no-brainer. Only 4 lines revealed in the teaser trailer..
    But the broader strokes of the story are becoming clearer.
    ie one can glean from the production thread that Bond is chasing Spectre agent Sciarra in Mexico. They engage a helicopter fight above the square. Sciarra clearly dies as earlier we saw in Rome that Bellucci was playing widow Sciarra etc
    Again I harken back to SF. I had that movie thoroughly sussed out by end of production, without having seen any script leaks, so others will eventually have much, if not all of SP figured once production ends.

ie by time time Skyfall was released, I knew the whole movie, at least the broadstrokes.
    I knew the storyline, all the twists, and had visual imaging of virtually all the scenes. I was not surprised at all by anything that went down in the film, when I first saw it, and that was from following production on this board.
    There was no leaked script or outline. I think we will soon reach a point, where the leaks are redundant.
    What the leaks have done though is allowed us to get a head start on discussing story details, but we are still very reliant on the production thread in terms of learning the look of the picture.
    The fact that GG is so wildly wrong with much of his speculation I think attests to two things.
    First, not all the leaked material is out there yet, but also that he is far more prone to wild speculating and off-base, even whimsical guesswork, than your average more grounded member.
    So getting into discussion with him is dangerous, as he is so off base. Others are working more sobrely with the info that is out there, and taking pains to draw more correct conclusions, based on what has actually been revealed to them.

A question for Timmer and others who see a Bond film with full knowledge of the film beforehand. Do you think this impacts how you enjoy the film? I'm asking because SF was the first Bond film that I followed closely online and I felt let down when I finally saw it and was surprised by the very high % of positive reviews. I'm wondering if my enjoyment was dimmed since none of the plot points surprised me. But then maybe I would have had problems with SF without any awareness of the plot. I just don't know. I'm reading stuff this time too, not the script, but the outlines, and of course all the posts in this thread. So I'm wondering if all this spoiler info I'm reading before SP comes out could possibly reduce my enjoyment of the film.