SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• JCRendle wrote: »
    What I got from that tweet was that Aston Martin was returning, not necessarily the DB5

You don't show the DB5 if you're promoting a DB10.
    I think the fact that it was approaching the "one of the most expensive movies ever made" title, it's understandable that they needed to cut back and find savings.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    I think the fact that it was approaching the "one of the most expensive movies ever made" title, it's understandable that they needed to cut back and find savings.

Also, the memo reads like it should have been written 24 hours after Disney bought Lucas, not a few years later.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    What I got from that tweet was that Aston Martin was returning, not necessarily the DB5

You don't show the DB5 if you're promoting a DB10.
    If I'd have seen that tweet without knowing the script, from the wording I'd have thought they were reinforcing the connection to Aston Martin that they've had for over 50 years. They're not promoting the DB10 - They're promoting Aston Martin.
  • But if you're promoting Aston Martin in general, you say something like, "See what Aston Martin has in mind for 007 in November," or some such if you have no intention of showing the DB5. Somebody at Sony let the cat out of the bag.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    But if you're promoting Aston Martin in general, you say something like, "See what Aston Martin has in mind for 007 in November," or some such if you have no intention of showing the DB5. Somebody at Sony let the cat out of the bag.
    When general Bond fans think of Aston Martin and Bond, they think of the DB5 - it's a logical connection. The James Bond Twitter account is full of throw backs to previous films
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,115
    But if you're promoting Aston Martin in general, you say something like, "See what Aston Martin has in mind for 007 in November," or some such if you have no intention of showing the DB5. Somebody at Sony let the cat out of the bag.
    When general Bond fans think of Aston Martin and Bond, they think of the DB5 - it's a logical connection. The James Bond Twitter account is full of throw backs to previous films

We'll agree to disagree. I think somebody at Sony said too much when they tweeted it out. It's not a spoiler anymore.
    It's a spoiler because they didn't specifically say the DB5 is in SPECTRE
    The image shown is the Goldfinger specific DB5
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,015
    We'll agree to disagree. I think somebody at Sony said too much when they tweeted it out. It's not a spoiler anymore.

IMO This is result oriented because you know the DB5 is in SPECTRE (and well, there was that photo). The tweet clearly says that AstonMartin returns because Bond always drive in style, not that the DB5 returns, the photo is an illustration, you don't need much letters to write "DB5" in a tweet.

As with a few other "infos" from the Production Timeline thread, IMO it's more a case of "Hey, that's ok, we now know officially that [some spoiler], so we can discuss it ouside the LEAKS thread !".
  • Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Text of the caption:
    '
    Bond always rides in style. **The** @astonmartin returns this November in #SPECTRE. @007 #JamesBond #astonmartin (emphasis added)

THE Aston Martin. There have been a number of Aston Martin cars over the course of the series. But they tweeted a picture of the DB5.
  • We'll agree to disagree. I think somebody at Sony said too much when they tweeted it out. It's not a spoiler anymore.

IMO This is result oriented because you know the DB5 is in SPECTRE (and well, there was that photo). The tweet clearly says that AstonMartin returns because Bond always drive in style, not that the DB5 returns, the photo is an illustration, you don't need much letters to write "DB5" in a tweet.

As with a few other "infos" from the Production Timeline thread, IMO it's more a case of "Hey, that's ok, we now know officially that [some spoiler], so we can discuss it ouside the LEAKS thread !".

Read it again. It says "THE" Aston Martin as if there were no other.
    Put another way when it says "THE" Aston Martin (which it does, despite how a couple of you are doing your best to avoid the word) accompanied by a picture of the DB5, the implication is this is the Aston Martin you will be seeing. It doesn't say "Aston Martin returns" (as in any Aston Martin car), it says "the Aston Martin returns" (as in a specific car).
    Sorry to be so emphatic but people are going out of their way to do selective editing of the tweet. Words still mean something.
  • Well, this shows that in order to prove it's ok to discuss spoilers outside this thread, many people will jump easily at any conclusion allowing it :)

I think that without that paparazzi photo, and without the leaks, given the fact that the DB5 is destroyed in SF, we would probably rather be discussing here that Sony Canada did a confusion between the DB10 and DB5, and posted something confusing. Sony France announced that Cruz was cast for SPECTRE, for instance.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Also for mods who are answering questions can we start a bond 25 speculation thread for those who know what happens in spectre.
    I have put a thread up in Bond 25 And Beyond.

• edited April 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Sorry to be so emphatic but people are going out of their way to do selective editing of the tweet. Words still mean something.
    You are right of course. There is no doubt in my mind that the tweet is trying to convey, that the cuddly lovable GF car will return again in SP.
    Pure marketing. They are totally aware that audiences stomped and cheered, when the crowd pleasing car turned up in SF, and with James Bond Theme music saved especially for the moment. Yay!!!!
    All things considered, I realize now there was no chance it wasn't coming back.

However, we are all seeing this tweet after we know the truth , so we can't be 100% sure, what we would have thought without benefit of advance knowledge.

But, I still think the tweet is pointing to the DB5.
    That was indeed my first thought, and I do believe the tweet was designed to promote just that impression.

That fact that the DB5 is indeed returning as pictured, does support the case too.

Haha I think we might all be getting a little bored.
    I think he's just taking the piss haha
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    No, there isn't. Could be for "London has fallen" instead!
    ALL the Bond related e-mails are up in a searchable database on wikileaks.org! So if you haven't read those e-mails yet, and really want to read them, now it's easier to do so than ever before...
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Moneypenny/Bond apartment scene was shown at CinemaCon - big spoiler I presume is Judi Dench M cameo
  • Or/and the dialog showing that James Bond is not on a MI6 mission, despite SF ending.
    Or/and the dialog showing that James Bond is not on a MI6 mission, despite SF ending.

Yeah but that's not the MAJOR SPOILER everyone is referring to.
  • I somehow expect Dench cameo in the trailer.. to put even more emphasis on the continuity. This is marketing by Sony, after all : tell everything.
    Nope, don't think they are telling anything. There is a con in EON's CinamaCon "Major Spoiler." This is a co. that doesn't want to tell you the color of the paint on the Aston Martin, and after the genuine misery they've gone through with the Sony leaks, it's worth a giggle that they'd give out a major spoiler to a room full of thousands of exhibitors, competitors and press and ask them to please, please keep it a secret. Either EON wants this spoiler out as they well know it will be posted on the net in less than 2-3 hours or it is a totally phony spoiler designed to mislead everyone.
    ......or probably both.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Here's what was seen in the footage:

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/23/spectre-cinemacon-footage/

*have a look at the last 2 paragraphs, I think that will be included in the new trailer