SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @antovolk I watched your version of the trailer on my projector. It was great. The sound and the quality of the video and the sound, just amazing
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Is the trailer now playing in theatres?

@antovolk
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Is the trailer now playing in theatres?

@antovolk

In terms of playing, probably not till next week when Furious 7 comes out but it has been sent to Germany/Austria theatres. UK haven't got it yet it seems, and US/Canada will get it on Monday.
    To be honest, the picture is better, but my surround speakers are connected to my Blu Ray player, not my laptop, so I didn't get the full effect. I have a separate set of 2 blue tooth speakers either side of the screen for my laptop, so - whilst decent, doesn't give the immersive effect. I will attempt to burn your effort onto a disk for my Blu Ray.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I have to wonder about these people that post these trailer reviews, do they actually think they have a talent for this?

Good question. I didn't watch any of those, but have watched a few for some other movies before, and decided it just isn't worth it to waste one's time with them.
    Walecs wrote: »
    You idiot, they dub movies in Italy because most american actors can't act at all and the movies are improved a lot by dubbing.
    You all complain about Lazenby's performance and the change of voices when Bond pretends to be Sir Hillary. This issues don't exist in the italian version, because they were smarter and instead of hiring an inexperienced actor they hired a professional one.

Not to mention Francesco Prando's marvelous voice compared to Craig's.

Please tell me you are joking!

He wasn't? :-O

Oh my... ok, fooled me, then. Sorry, everyone.
    On dubbing: I'm italian. I like to see movies in english, I often do it at home, I go to the cinema often in London when I'm there, same thing in the USA. What you've to understand is that in Italy the study of the english is something that was not usual until 10/20 years ago. There are a lot of people, especially 40 years old and more, that don't know english. More than this, italian dubbers are really good, like Prando

But why would one need to know the language? It's always great if one does, but even when not, it just seems more authentic to me when it's in the original language. It would take me completely out of the movie if, say, I was watching a Chinese movie, and they were all speaking Finnish. To me it would feel ridiculous, but I understand people who are used to dubbing don't feel the same way. And when a movie is multi-language, when it's dubbed everyone just speaks the same language. Just no...

Do you know that the translation in the subtitles can be very, very poor ? People often overlook that IMO. Dubbing has the lip-sync constraints, but subtitles have the space constraints. In a chatty movie, it can be a big problem.

Absolutely.

Neither dubbing nor the subtitles are perfect. Most people, most of the time, probably don't have a choice, anyway. They get what they get and just have to deal with it, with its potential problems.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    JCRendle wrote: »
    To be honest, the picture is better, but my surround speakers are connected to my Blu Ray player, not my laptop, so I didn't get the full effect. I have a separate set of 2 blue tooth speakers either side of the screen for my laptop, so - whilst decent, doesn't give the immersive effect. I will attempt to burn your effort onto a disk for my Blu Ray.

Does your Blu-ray player have a USB port? Most players do AFAIK - Just copy and paste the .mkv file to a USB thumb drive and the player should be able to play it fine (most have MKV support)
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Vous devez créer votre propre forum de discussion, et vous pouvez enseigner aux membres de votre langue maternelle et les appeler idiots quand ils ont du mal à saisir. :)
    Et on ferait un dîner tous les mercredis :) (this one I don't know how I could translate it !)
    antovolk wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »

Does your Blu-ray player have a USB port? Most players do AFAIK - Just copy and paste the .mkv file to a USB thumb drive and the player should be able to play it fine (most have MKV support)
    Good idea! Will try tomorrow!

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The trailer now has over 4 million views.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    jake24 wrote: »

Yep, impressive but half of that is just everyone here pressing repeat... ;)

andmcit wrote: »

Yep, impressive but half of that is just everyone here pressing repeat... ;)
    Does Youtube count repeat views or individual views?
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    You also have to take into account each of the international versions. Looking at the Official Youtube page, they have 18 different versions of the teaser for the international markets, including dubbed, subtitled, different dates, rating board warnings etc.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 229
    Vous devez créer votre propre forum de discussion, et vous pouvez enseigner aux membres de votre langue maternelle et les appeler idiots quand ils ont du mal à saisir. :)
    Et on ferait un dîner tous les mercredis :) (this one I don't know how I could translate it !)
    L'idiot du "Diner de con" n'est pas celui qui est invité, mais celui qui lance l'invitation. A méditer...

:))
  • maxcraig wrote: »
    L'idiot du "Diner de con" n'est pas celui qui est invité, mais celui qui lance l'invitation. A méditer...

Chut.. moi je veux entendre l'opinion de celui qui parle six langues et qui traite tout le monde d'idiot :) Mais qui parle uniquement en anglais sans jamais avoir donné un seul exemple concret de doublage effarant dans une autre langue.

Les gars, se il vous plaît , je essaie de suivre votre conversation dans Google Translate . Se il vous plaît parler dans la langue Anglais . Je ne ai pas de doublage pour me aider . Je apprécie votre sort.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Did anyone notice Bond's taste in art prints in the apartment scene?
    Is that anyone's butt we may recognise? :D

SPECTRE1.jpg

I've seen a higher resolution of this but can't recall where!
    maxcraig wrote: »

Chut.. moi je veux entendre l'opinion de celui qui parle six langues et qui traite tout le monde d'idiot :) Mais qui parle uniquement en anglais sans jamais avoir donné un seul exemple concret de doublage effarant dans une autre langue.
    No, I didn´t treat everyone as an idiot. I specifically said I found dubbing to be for idiots.
    Just an opinion, of course. And one I´m very keen to maintain, thank you very much. This is an english speaking board. I forgot why I stopped posting at mi6. Lovely people here, for the most, but, then again, there are some childish folks. I´ve been around these forums for far more than a decade, but I´ll take my leave. Feel free to show your stupidity in whatever language you choose. Godspeed.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,554

SPECTRE1.jpg

I noticed it but couldn't find out what prints they were...hard to tell. I don't think the one print is a rear end, however. I think it is a set of ballet dancer's feet, on point, reflected on a shiny floor. Something like this:

285507-bigthumbnail.jpg

Or this:

ballerina-project-0.jpg

Then again, if it is actually supposed to be turned the other way, it looked like a set of hills against a dark sky. :-/
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Univex wrote: »
    I´ll take my leave. Feel free to show your stupidity in whatever language you choose.

Bon débarras :)

And I don't thnk it's something a shiny floor on the paint, what is below the shadow of the box continues differently. IMO the bottom of the image are rather legs with the knees at the top of the shadow of the box.

But now there are numerous art photos a bit like this...
    It's definitely an upright womanly figure. I'd like to think it was a photo Bond took of Vesper in Italy.. (not saying that IS what it is.. but that is what I'd like it to be.)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I want you idiots to know that I'm british (despite living in Italy) and have no problems in understanding spoken english. I watch tv series like Once Upon a Time and Forever in english; however, there are series like OUAT which have such pathetic an acting (really look at Emilie DeRavin or the one who plays Henry) that I can't help but prefer the italian dubbing.

Really, I don't understand what's wrong with you. If you don't like dubbed movies, just watch original versions. I don't get why people should renounce to dubbing just because of your idiotic principles. IT'S NOT LIKE THE DUBBING AFFECTS YOUR VIEWS AT ALL.

Can we stop calling each other idiots? How idiotic is that? And its no difference, if you do it in French @ parachute.
    Wow, came to read some spoilers, instead i see a war of words. Well, it always seemed strange to me, how can someone watch a dubbed movie. No matter the acting, no matter anything else, it's quite disturbing to hear someone's else's voice over an actor, speaking your language. I remember, as a kid, i couldn't even watch Bugs Bunny dubbed! I preferred the original version even though sometimes i couldn't read the subs.

I got that one.
  • AVBAVB
    Walecs wrote: »
    I want you idiots to know that I'm british (despite living in Italy) and have no problems in understanding spoken english. I watch tv series like Once Upon a Time and Forever in english; however, there are series like OUAT which have such pathetic an acting (really look at Emilie DeRavin or the one who plays Henry) that I can't help but prefer the italian dubbing.

Really, I don't understand what's wrong with you. If you don't like dubbed movies, just watch original versions. I don't get why people should renounce to dubbing just because of your idiotic principles. IT'S NOT LIKE THE DUBBING AFFECTS YOUR VIEWS AT ALL.

Again, what an odious little urchin you are. Just nasty.

By the way, Ravin is Australian, and the one who plays Henry is a little kid. America has great actors, so no, most of them aren't terrible as you say.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,447

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/Andmcit/SPECTRE1.jpg

With a bit of fantasy

Ben-Affleck-in-Daredevil-Movie.jpg
    you're so blinded by inconsolable rage that you don't care who you hurt.

would-you-like-a-baby-groot-of-your-own.jpeg
  • RC7RC7

SPECTRE1.jpg

I noticed we share a similar taste in decor. My flat also has grey walls and darkwood floor boards. Now, if only he had a dark brown Chesterfield...
    This trailer is not at all what I expected ! No plane crashing through a chalet, no car chase, ... and still : I find it totally engrossing and it certainly whetted my appetite !!!

As for dubbing : not everyone is comfortable enough with his english to watch a movie and follow everything perfectly ! Especially some American movies with heavy accents or slang ... Don't be too cruel with foreigners !
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I have to wonder about these people that post these trailer reviews, do they actually think they have a talent for this?

There seems to be a large group of nobodies doing reaction videos on youtube now. They simply react to whats trending or going viral. They don't even seem too interested in any of the stuff they react to. The only people in the videos above that I recognize was the first woman and the Aussie (I actually subscribe to his channel and listen to his podcast).

Someone should post a reaction video to the posts they read here at MI6, might be fun.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Most of these guys (in fact all of them, aside from Calvin) seem to have a tenuous grasp on the character and series at best. I see no reason to give any of them any more of my time.

Exactly my opinion!