SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Univex wrote: »
    Dubbing is for idiots. Period. I NEVER watch dubbed films. It´s the most ridiculous thing. And, IMO, disrespectful to thespians all over. Only people who don´t know any other language than their own like dubbing. Learn, for f. sake. Don´t want to learn, don´t want to make the effort? Than brand yourselves as stupid people. Besides, the things that get lost in translation... Like Edmund Wilson, If I want to read Tolstoi, I´ll learn russian, if I really can´t, I´ll search the best, closest translation in whatever language, as long as it´s the best. Movie wise, there are always subtitles. What? Can´t read and watch at the same time? Pathetic. Of course you can. You don´t need to look at the subtitles directly in order to read them. If you have to, than it´s a sign you read very poorly and/or you don´t read books very often. Cognition works like that. Sorry for the rant, but I feel very strongly about this. Dubbing is for dumb people. Period. Personally, I know six languages because I took the time and effort to learn them. Some of them, just by forcing myself to understand films without subtitles. And it´s not because I´m bright, It´s because I´m not lazy.

Compare Lazenby, Brosnan and Craig's voices to their italian ones and say this bulls**t again.
    Compared
    Here ya go:

"Dubbing is for idiots. Period. I NEVER watch dubbed films. It´s the most ridiculous thing. And, IMO, disrespectful to thespians all over. Only people who don´t know any other language than their own like dubbing. Learn, for f. sake. Don´t want to learn, don´t want to make the effort? Than brand yourselves as stupid people. Besides, the things that get lost in translation... Like Edmund Wilson, If I want to read Tolstoi, I´ll learn russian, if I really can´t, I´ll search the best, closest translation in whatever language, as long as it´s the best. Movie wise, there are always subtitles. What? Can´t read and watch at the same time? Pathetic. Of course you can. You don´t need to look at the subtitles directly in order to read them. If you have to, than it´s a sign you read very poorly and/or you don´t read books very often. Cognition works like that. Sorry for the rant, but I feel very strongly about this. Dubbing is for dumb people. Period. Personally, I know six languages because I took the time and effort to learn them. Some of them, just by forcing myself to understand films without subtitles. And it´s not because I´m bright, It´s because I´m not lazy".
    And Walecs, there´s no other country i love more in the world than Italy. Really. I´m an alfista, pasta lover, opera maniac. But if I´m in Rome, as I often am, and have to watch Kubrick in italian, I´ll turn off the telly. Dubbing is for idiots.
    Walecs wrote: »
    You idiot, they dub movies in Italy because most american actors can't act at all and the movies are improved a lot by dubbing.
    You all complain about Lazenby's performance and the change of voices when Bond pretends to be Sir Hillary. This issues don't exist in the italian version, because they were smarter and instead of hiring an inexperienced actor they hired a professional one.

Not to mention Francesco Prando's marvelous voice compared to Craig's.

Please tell me you are joking!
    Apparently, he´s not. Oh well...to each their own.
    And Walecs, there´s no other country i love more in the world than Italy. Really. I´m an alfista, pasta lover, opera maniac. But if I´m in Rome, as I often am, and have to watch Kubrick in italian, I´ll turn off the telly. Dubbing is for idiots.
    Funny thing, I hate Italy for many aspects, yet dubbing is one of the few good things they have.
    Compared
    Yeah, because you did that in 7 minutes.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I have to wonder about these people that post these trailer reviews, do they actually think they have a talent for this?

There seems to be a large group of nobodies doing reaction videos on youtube now. They simply react to whats trending or going viral. They don't even seem too interested in any of the stuff they react to. The only people in the videos above that I recognize was the first woman and the Aussie (I actually subscribe to his channel and listen to his podcast).
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,677
    Walecs wrote: »
    Funny thing, I hate Italy for many aspects, yet dubbing is one of the few good things they have.
    Compared
    Yeah, because you did that in 7 minutes.

1) If you hate Italy for many aspects, as you say, where done here;

2) I´ve already had the misfortune to catch Bond films on the Italian telly, all dubbed, as I said, for idiots. Oh, and my Italian friends don´t watch dubbed films. Only lazy idiots do. Oh, and in my own country, only lazy idiots watch dubbed films as well. Get the drift here?

3)...nah, that´s about it. I´m done.

Bye bye now.
    I´ve already had the misfortune to catch Bond films on the Italian telly, all dubbed, as I said, for idiots. Oh, and my Italian friends don´t watch dubbed films. Only lazy idiots do. Oh, and in my own country, only lazy idiots watch dubbed films as well.

How is watching movies in foreign languages lazy?
    Dubbing is for idiots. Period. I NEVER watch dubbed films. It´s the most ridiculous thing. And, IMO, disrespectful to thespians all over. Only people who don´t know any other language than their own like dubbing. Learn, for f. sake. Don´t want to learn, don´t want to make the effort? Than brand yourselves as stupid people. Besides, the things that get lost in translation... Like Edmund Wilson, If I want to read Tolstoi, I´ll learn russian, if I really can´t, I´ll search the best, closest translation in whatever language, as long as it´s the best. Movie wise, there are always subtitles. What? Can´t read and watch at the same time? Pathetic. Of course you can. You don´t need to look at the subtitles directly in order to read them. If you have to, than it´s a sign you read very poorly and/or you don´t read books very often. Cognition works like that. Sorry for the rant, but I feel very strongly about this. Dubbing is for dumb people. Period. Personally, I know six languages because I took the time and effort to learn them. Some of them, just by forcing myself to understand films without subtitles. And it´s not because I´m bright, It´s because I´m not lazy.
    Well_There_It_Is10246576_10204220226039433_76509733.jpg
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,619
    @Walecs Most people prefer dubbing to subtitles (when watching a movie in a language they do not understand) simply because they are too lazy to read. The truth is that dubbing can NEVER be as good as the original audio.
    What's lazy is watching a foreign movie dubbed, instead of watching it subtitled.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Is that Mr Hinx at the SPECTRE meeting table at 01:14?!?!?! - 2nd from the top of the table right hand side.
    @Walecs Most people prefer dubbing to subtitles (when watching a movie in a language they do not understand) simply because they are too lazy to read. The truth is that dubbing can NEVER be as good as the original audio.
    What's lazy is watching a foreign movie dubbed, instead of watching it subtitled.

Thank you.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Is that Mr Hinx at the SPECTRE meeting table at 01:14?!?!?! - 2nd from the top of the table right hand side.

Yes, I thought the same thing as well. Big bloke, right hand side. Maybe, yeah.
    I´m leaving the dubbed film discussion now. It´s pointless. I´ll only get vulgarity thrown at me. So, let´s get back on the topic, shall we?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Still off topic but watching dubbed or subtitles to me isn't lazy in and of itself. Just a preference. I mean if I'm going to read subtitles for two hours just read a book. Film is a visual medium ...it is meant to be seen not read.

Now if you prefer subtitles that's fine... interesting way to learn a language.

Lastly we are all here I assume because we are all Bond fans. Yes it is an open forum and by all means voice your opinion.

The American hate is extremely insulting and shows your juvenile bias but that's your choice and doesn't violate forum rules.

Funny thing though I hardly read or encounter any American forum members lambasting any UK or European members. Just saying.

Now back to topic ...

hthomas20 wrote: »
    Here are a few stills from the HD version -
    Oh man..Hoyte van Hoytema (the man with a Bond villain name) is not joking arround...these look great..and this is only the trailer..I am so glad they got him for this movie he is the best choice to replace Deakins..
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Still off topic but watching dubbed or subtitles to me isn't lazy in and of itself. Just a preference. I mean if I'm going to read subtitles for two hours just read a book. Film is a visual medium ...it is meant to be seen not read.

Now if you prefer subtitles that's fine... interesting way to learn a language.

Lastly we are all here I assume because we are all Bond fans. Yes it is an open forum and by all means voice your opinion.

The American hate is extremely insulting and shows your juvenile bias but that's your choice and doesn't violate forum rules.

Funny thing though I hardly read or encounter any American forum members lambasting any UK or European members. Just saying.

Now back to topic ...

Just to clarify, Walecs and I weren´t bashing Americans. We didn´t even mention Americans. Weird. We were talking about Italy and even then, we were´t bashing Italians. He was insulting me and I was insulting him. All and all, good sports between Bond fans with very very different opinions ;) So, no American hate here. But maybe I missed something. Now, back on topic.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Has anyone else noticed that in both the look/cinematography of the film and the themes in the narrative shown, there seems to be a lot of symmetry on show? From the bullet hole in the poster/end of teaser, to specific shots:-

tumblr_nlzgsa0v231rv0z1no1_1280.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Someone made a blanket comment about American actors. Just got tired of yet another comment.

No worries now :)
    as requested - Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%201.06.46%20PM_zpsm6wtdbes.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%201.06.20%20PM_zps5mx4b6h4.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%201.06.24%20PM_zps0jayecjj.jpg
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Someone made a blanket comment about American actors. Just got tired of yet another comment.
    No worries now :)
    Quite right, mcdonbb. I´ve read it. Like I said, vulgarity. Nuff said. Unisex out.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Just came across this terrific reaction on YouTube! Man, this guy is hilarious :-P. Could play a villain himself!

Also, here's a great review that was written shortly after the premiere of the teaser trailer. I highly recoomend to bookmark this blog:
    https://reelreactions.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/trailer-reaction-spectre/

Which is not my case. I explained above that I watch movies dubbed because I prefer italian voices.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    There is one thing that worries me about the cinematography and that is the orange and teal colour-scheme that is prevalent in so many films today. It does not just drive me nuts it's also cheap and very unnatural. Unfortunately there is much ornage and teal in the trailer. Hopefully that is just the colour temperature for the trailer and not for the actual film :)
  • RC7RC7
    MrBond wrote: »
    There is one thing that worries me about the cinematography and that is the orange and teal colour-scheme that is prevalent in so many films today. It does not just drive me nuts it's also cheap and very unnatural. Unfortunately there is much ornage and teal in the trailer. Hopefully that is just the colour temperature for the trailer and not for the actual film :)

I get where you're coming from, but this is not some graduate attempting to add the grade du jour to his movie as a bit of cheap gloss. Van Hoytema is next level and I think the orange and teal flavour of this trailer is simply because of the locations and design on offer. For example the Rome chase is going to look that way as that's pretty much the palette dictated by the creative team and the environment. I expect the opening in Mexico to be stunningly vibrant. If it does turn out to be overflowing with orange and teal tones I'll happily eat my words.
  • MrBond wrote: »

Finally someone who's bugged by this as well. Couldn't agree more!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 6,677
    Yes, it bugs me as well. And it´ll make these movies age badly. just like those with green/brown/blue filters circa 99. I sure hope that´s not the case with SPECTRE, as it wasn´t the case with SF, for the most of it, at least.
  • RC7RC7

This is what the orange/teal combo looks like...

27940.jpg?v=1

I don't see anything resembling this in the SP trailer. All I see is world class cinematography.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RC7 wrote: »

This is what the orange/teal combo looks like...

27940.jpg?v=1

I don't see anything resembling this in the SP trailer. All I see is world class cinematography.

Agreed. It's more of a golden filter as opposed to orange. I personally think it looks fantastic. Van Hotyema did similar work with Interstellar. That movie looked outstanding. I was very surprised when it wasn't nominated for best cinematography at the Oscars.