SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,756
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    And finally...here we are.

https://mega.co.nz/#!V4UlVLrK!Jlc0UuElUVCx0lF3OxgP29asworLmDy-KdC_FOMbyqw

Probably the best quality version of the trailer you can get. Enjoy and let me know how this sounds on your big home cinema setups especially, this is Blu-ray quality HD surround audio and video after all as opposed to the measly stereo of YouTube and press kit... :D

FYI there is one small change courtesy of yours truly...

thank you! downloading now!

That film grain is orgasmic, I bloody hated that digital look from Skyfall, nice to see these details back.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Plus he says 'welcome James, it's been a long time' implying they know each other.

My thoughts as well, but perhaps Blofeld is lying and the "it's been a long time" is all part of his trick. Maybe he took Oberhauser's name to trap Bond and then he's still faking his identity.

Maybe he really wants James to become part of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., helping the crime syndicate with their villain's scheme. By the way, despite everything we saw so far, we STILL don't know what villainous scheme will be executed in "SPECTRE".

I thought it may be the case too. If Blofeld passes off as Oberhauser, he will be using this to mess with his head.

When Waltz says "welcome James, it's been a long time", I don't feel personally that it indicates they know each other, just that the Waltz character knows Bond. When Bond looks at the half burned picture, it does not seem familiar to him. My bet is that the memory of the time is blurry at best.

Oh, and if Oberhauser is indeed Blofeld, then it means they used yet another part of MR: the villain usurping someone else's identity.
    That is a special trailer that I cannot get enough of! Dark and atmospheric and goes to show that you do not always need to show the action! It's a Bond film so you know what you are going to get!

I have to say I feel vindicated in my belief that Mr White should return in some way shape or form. His voice goes right through me and he looks gaunt and scary in this. He also delivers some of the best dialogue I think of the entire series for me. I am so looking forward to seeing the full scene on the big screen! Gives me shivers thinking about it!!!
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    And finally...here we are.

https://mega.co.nz/#!V4UlVLrK!Jlc0UuElUVCx0lF3OxgP29asworLmDy-KdC_FOMbyqw

Probably the best quality version of the trailer you can get. Enjoy and let me know how this sounds on your big home cinema setups especially, this is Blu-ray quality HD surround audio and video after all as opposed to the measly stereo of YouTube and press kit... :D

FYI there is one small change courtesy of yours truly...

thank you! downloading now!

That film grain is orgasmic, I bloody hated that digital look from Skyfall, nice to see these details back.

This ^^^

Although I didn't mind the clean digital look of Skyfall, here it all looks incredible IMO
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I agree, I really didn't like what digital did to Craig's face. far better here.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I can't believe this is getting compared to the MI5 trailer which is theatrical trailer that need to show more of a hand, this is a teaser I repeat and those who were expecting more obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Wait till the theatrical trailer drops and we'll see if it competes with Cruise's franchise then. Which I personally have no desire to watch one bit because if I don't see another new Tom Cruise film again it will be too soon.

I take it you're not very fond of Mr Cruise? :)
    But I agree, I don't see why anyone would compare a teaser trailer of one franchise to a theatrical trailer of another. Besides, they're different films and franchises, anyway. And I don't get the whole competition aspect of it all.

There was a time I tolerated him but now I can't bear to see him anything, I own Collateral as I'm a Michael Mann fan but outside of that I'm not interested. I liked the first MI film but they've got generally worse, MI2 is awful, I saw MI3 save PSH as the villain I thought it was pretty meh! and I can't be bothered with Ghost Protocol.
    FYI I'm gonna be giving future trailers the same treatment too as soon as I am able to get my hands on the needed source materials. Hope you guys are enjoying the high quality :)
    Tuulia wrote: »
    I can't believe this is getting compared to the MI5 trailer which is theatrical trailer that need to show more of a hand, this is a teaser I repeat and those who were expecting more obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Wait till the theatrical trailer drops and we'll see if it competes with Cruise's franchise then. Which I personally have no desire to watch one bit because if I don't see another new Tom Cruise film again it will be too soon.

I take it you're not very fond of Mr Cruise? :)
    But I agree, I don't see why anyone would compare a teaser trailer of one franchise to a theatrical trailer of another. Besides, they're different films and franchises, anyway. And I don't get the whole competition aspect of it all.

There was a time I tolerated him but now I can't bear to see him anything, I own Collateral as I'm a Michael Mann fan but outside of that I'm not interested. I liked the first MI film but they've got generally worse, MI2 is awful, I saw MI3 save PSH as the villain I thought it was pretty meh! and I can't be bothered with Ghost Protocol.

It is completely off topic, but the issue with MI movies is that they are not truly MI movies, they are just Tom Cruise vehicles.
    FYI I'm gonna be giving future trailers the same treatment too as soon as I am able to get my hands on the needed source materials. Hope you guys are enjoying the high quality :)
    I can't get this link to work - it seems my Mac OS and internet browsers which I'm perfectly happy with as they are otherwise are just too old for mega.co.nz

is there a direct save link as rather than a zip file?
    andmcit wrote: »
    I can't get this link to work - it seems my Mac OS and internet browsers which I'm perfectly happy with as they are otherwise are just too old for mega.co.nz

is there a direct save link as rather than a zip file?

It's not a zip file, it's the actual video file - I guess it's just a problem with your browser not working with Mega. :P You can't really get a hotlink with Mega...

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @RC7, I believe they mean a four-letter vulgar word that starts with a 'c' and ends with a 't'.

I am glad, that the German version is "Spielzeug in einem Hurrikan." Okay, that's not exactly the same, but I can't think of a German version of the c**t, as the German version of that word is a five-letter-word F****, which is not eve close to "Spielzeug". Apart from that, I am thrilled about the teaser trailer. Waltz' phrase sends shivers down my spine everytime I watch the trailer...

Oh, and James Joyce wrote in ULYSSES: "If you see Kay, tell him he may see you in tee." That's a winner of the Nobel prize for literature.
    The closest "vulgar word" I could possibly see it being mistaken for is the swearword for poo with an e on the end, as used in "Father Ted".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A shite in a hurricane? Good title for B25.
    I think this is Waltz dubbing himself in the German version, right?

Like Kurylenko dubbing herself in the Russian and Ukrainian versions of QoS and trailers....
    How come there is still dubbing in European countries for adult films? Ridiculous.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    How come there is still dubbing in European countries for adult films? Ridiculous.
    Adult films? They don't need much dubbing ;))
    JCRendle wrote: »

Ach, du hast mich da!
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I've had another thought. What if the reason Blofeld uses the Oberhauser name is because he has been made aware of Bond through his past missions. CR, QoS, SF SPECTRE has watched bond and Blofeld decided he wanted to meet him. But instead of capturing Bond and risking suspicion from MI:6, instead Blofeld decides, using his immense power to find out about bond's past, adopting Oberhauser as a ploy so that Bond will trace him down.

you may have something there... I like that. It wouldnt be as predictable as the oberhauser being bonds brother and it being christoph waltz, who is blofeld, who wants to kill his brother, who is bond. lol Either of those would work but there has to be something a lot less predictable coming into play in this movie. judging by the trailer there will be alot of mystery involved

Ach, du hast mich da!
    Ja, ja, ich habe.
    For me, the best line of this teaser isn't "and finally here we are!" or the contentious "a kite in a hurricane" but Mr White's "I always knew death would wear a familiar face, but not yours' - this helps give the eeriness / chills of this whole piece along with the amazing cinematography.

I haven't read any leaks or spoilers so it's fun to wonder if Bond spares Mr.White and leaves him breathing only to hear later someone else following Bond despatches him like Dominic Greene!? :D
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    bondsum wrote: »
    I agree with @jetsetwilly, not quite sure why this is considered a great teaser? And I'm still indifferent to Bond's past being dug up and played out for a second time, discounting the orphans reference in CR of course. I too was hoping for a proper 007 mission, but it looks like Mendes wants to do a Nolan and have everything connected in some dark pseudo intellectual fashion so the pompous amongst us can fawn and slobber over it and point out how clever they are for grasping the subtle references.

As for...
    ... Blofeld being Bond's step-brother or childhood friend...

... absurd and totally un-Fleming. I hope this doesn't play out like some here have suggested. Though @timmer, whose judgement I greatly respect, seems to think it's a great script and could be up there with the "original classics" so I won't judge it yet myself. As for the teaser: I'm not too impressed. As a plus, at least Craig looks good.
    I think the teaser is adequate. Does the job. I think it does a good job teasing, so it serves its purpose. It's bound to intrigue cinema-goers and does capture the dark mysterious nature of re-booted Spectre.
    As for the story and script, I may be guilty of glass half-full, even wishfulness, and might ultimately be disappointed, but I don't think I will be.
    The story at a glance, might seem like an abomination, but I do think that ultimately what Eon has done here, really isn't too terribly grievous vis-a-vis Fleming Bond's backstory, involving Hans Oberhauser and his relationship with Bond.
    Hans was a father figure to Bond as we learned in Fleming's Octopussy.
    But the cinema teaser, if you look carefully, does reference Flemings Aunt Charmian too, the orphaned Bond's legal guardian.
    Pains, I think have been taken to not step on the Fleming Bond origins.
    Eon though has created an additional character named Frans Oberhauser and connected Fleming's OP with the Spectre mythos.
    I won't expand further as I don't want to spoil. But from what we know, and this has been thrashed out in the other thread, I do think care has been taken not to tread on Fleming's work in any "bad' way, although that WILL be subject to discussion.
    That said, this expansion of what we know of Bond's childhood, might offend greatly.
    I'm not sure. We Fleming readers will all have our opinions when the time comes.

But in the short term, in this build-up phase, the movie IMO, might ultimately serve a best-of-both worlds proposition. ie Mendes gets to indulge his character-drama bent, while those of us who have been pining for an exciting Bond-on-mission, Bond-with-full-mojo adventure, might also get our wish.

Personally (and I have found the Bond-with-issues trip, as tedious as anyone) I think this movie is going be very good. I think there is lots of entertaining, exciting and even interesting stuff going on.
    That said, the finished product, will of course be subject to the full fan base, critical review process, which can be a very thorough vetting.

But so far, I'm good, for what that's worth - and I wasn't enamoured with either of the last two Eon offerings.

Hopefully I haven't set myself up for failure, but I honestly do think that I am really going to like this film.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    andmcit wrote: »
    For me, the best line of this teaser isn't "and finally here we are!" or the contentious "a kite in a hurricane" but Mr White's "I always knew death would wear a familiar face, but not yours' - this helps give the eeriness / chills of this whole piece along with the amazing cinematography.

I haven't read any leaks or spoilers so it's fun to wonder if Bond spares Mr.White and leaves him breathing only to hear later someone else following Bond despatches him like Dominic Greene!? :D
    It could be conceivable that a previous cast member who played a villain but wasn't killed could "off" Mr. White. Before the teaser, Christensen's involvement hadn't been confirmed. It's conceivable that there are big names who haven't been announced, but who have filmed scenes in closed sets to preserve secrecy - like:-
    Matt Damon in Interstellar
    Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise in 21 Jump Street
    Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder
    and
    S.L. Jackson in Iron Man

In closed sets, they can sneak anyone in without it leaking - if they're careful and trust the right people

Well, if you want to understand the story...
    Brilliant teaser, got me totally pumped for the movie without showing too much. Looks like Waltz is now confirmed as Blofeld as most of us suspected.

I want one of those rings. :-o
    Ludovico wrote: »

I don't think people watch adult films for the stories ;)
  • Coldfinger wrote: »
    Brilliant teaser, got me totally pumped for the movie without showing too much. Looks like Waltz is now confirmed as Blofeld as most of us suspected.

I want one of those rings. :-o

• A great teaser. I'm enjoying the many theories being kicked around the forum! Looking closely at those papers and photos that Bond is looking at early on, Im guessing that perhaps Oberhauser had both James and Blofeld as foster children, but could only end up adopting Blofeld, leaving Bond to the system as it were. Perhaps a big reveal moment will be Waltz asking Bond to no longer refer to him by his adoptive name but rather his birth name, Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I don't think people watch adult films for the stories ;)

Well, you'd be surprised.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 188
    I think this is Waltz dubbing himself in the German version, right?

I'm not sure he does, actually. His lines sound very monotonous here, and I somehow doubt that he would deliver them so well in English and not be able to make them equally chilling in German, his native tongue. What do the other German speakers around here think?