SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 512
    Wow! Awesome videoblog, better than the first one.
    Looks like the traditional: Bond sent on a mission by M is returning.
    We now now whose in the elevator (Q!)

Who is the camera-operator by the way? Never seen him. Edit: I found him: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0081371/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr99
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I don't know if anyone noticed, but the music sounds great in the videoblog, I think it is new music by Newman
  • RC7RC7
    I wasn't a massive fan of Naomie in SF, but she looks absolutely great in this. Really, really like her look and Fiennes looks as dapper as he usually does. The office looks great, but almost like it's straight out of the fifties.
    So M's office is the same, oak and leather affair from the end of Skyfall...

tumblr_nke2fdf6Fj1rv0z1no1_540.jpgtumblr_nke2fdf6Fj1rv0z1no2_540.jpg
    Amazing, can't wait for the 1st trailer
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone noticed, but the music sounds great in the videoblog, I think it is new music by Newman

I said the same thing. I would like to think its part of the film but I think it could be too early.
    It's my impression -as fleeting as it could be from such short footage- that in his first shot, Fiennes seems to channel a bit of Bernard Lee :))))
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 252
    aaron819 wrote: »

No thats from Skyfall.

"Welcome To Scotland" is the track (Original Soundtrack), "Skyfall Attack Part 1 (Expanded Edition)

And the first 30 sec. is "Kill them First" from SF
    No. It's from SF. "Welcome to Scotland"
  • RC7RC7
    hthomas20 wrote: »

I said the same thing. I would like to think its part of the film but I think it could be too early.

It's music from SF. I'd have to check the album for track titles, but it's all SF cues.

it is, isn't it? thought so but was too hesitant to say. great btw, very atmospheric and mysterious
    Nice video! Nice to see we have eager people on this forum hence 3 posts at the same time =) Good job!
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    At least we now know that Ralph (M) won't have a beard in the film
  • RC7RC7
    nikos78 wrote: »

it is, isn't it? thought so but was too hesitant to say. great btw, very atmospheric and mysterious

It's the tracks 'Kill Them First' and 'Welcome to Scotland' from SF.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Great videoblog!
    The Art Direction of Ms office looks amazing! I never did like the modern Mi6 in Vauxhall as much as Oak and Leather of Whitehall. Superb.

I'd like a portrait of the Queen on the wall somewhere. Or maybe a portrait of Judy Dench, as per the nod in TWINE
    Wow, great videoblog! Saw a lot more than anticipated.

That's an interesting thing Mendes said about Bond being the more experienced one out of his superiors. Wonder how that will play in
  • RC7RC7
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    That's an interesting thing Mendes said about Bond being the more experienced one out of his superiors. Wonder how that will play in

I agree, it will be interesting to see it play out. Also nice to know that Bond is front and centre and drives this movie. The one thing that made me wince, and will continue to, is mention of his childhood. From what I've seen/read I have two theories. One is fine and one would make me walk out of the cinema.
    I trust Mendes to not overdo it on the childhood aspect. I've seen a few theories as well, no doubt from the leaks, and if they are true, I'm sure Mendes will make it work on screen better than anyone can imagine on paper. Some things need to be seen, not read. I'm excited to what he, Logan, and P&W came up with
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Matt007 wrote: »
    The Art Direction of Ms office looks amazing! I never did like the modern Mi6 in Vauxhall as much as Oak and Leather of Whitehall. Superb.

Agreed. The modern hi tech MI6 office interior had no soul, no atmosphere. It was depressing.

• RC7RC7
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    I trust Mendes to not overdo it on the childhood aspect. I've seen a few theories as well, no doubt from the leaks, and if they are true, I'm sure Mendes will make it work on screen better than anyone can imagine on paper. Some things need to be seen, not read. I'm excited to what he, Logan, and P&W came up with

I haven't seen any leaks, but read a few rumours recently and formulated a few theories myself. One theory I have read makes me want to chunder, because there's no way of dressing it up on screen. It just doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it won't happen, as it'd be like digging up Fleming and defecating on his corpse.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I certainly hope they don't go overboard with the 'childhood' stuff. If "Oberhauser" makes an appearance hopefully it's limited to the relationship they had in the book.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    FAN-TAS-TIC videoblog. Much much better than the first one. Loved the Staff scenes.
    RC7 wrote: »
    one would make me walk out of the cinema.
    Really? What could that be?
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Joining the dots suggests that there will be some mention of Bond parents' deaths. The literal interpretation I have read is that ESB turns out to have killed Bond's parents. That's the theory that would make me walk out. My theory is that ESB adopts the pseudonym 'Oberhauser' as a ruse to ensnare Bond or at least to toy with him psychologically. That way we the audience and Bond are drawn into believing the revelation, but in reality it's a falsification used by Blofeld to essentially fuck with Bond. I think Bond will call his bluff at the end. At least I pray something like that happens. The literal interpretation is far too soap opera.
    Joining the dots suggests that there will be some mention of Bond parents' deaths. The literal interpretation I have read is that ESB turns out to have killed Bond's parents. That's the theory that would make me walk out. My theory is that ESB adopts the pseudonym 'Oberhauser' as a ruse to ensnare Bond or at least to toy with him psychologically. That way we the audience and Bond are drawn into believing the revelation, but in reality it's a falsification used by Blofeld to essentially fuck with Bond. I think Bond will call his bluff at the end. At least I pray something like that happens. The literal interpretation is far too soap opera.

But if you have to wait until the end of the film to find out, would you not walk out anyway?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169
    @RC7 How about the other theory floating around?
    That Bond and Oberhauser are indeed foster brothers?
  • Wow the videoblos is amasing! I LOVE Ms office!!! I'm so excited right now, can't wait for the movie!!! :x
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7 How about the other theory floating around?
    That Bond and Oberhauser are indeed foster brothers?
    If Oberhauser was not Blofeld then I'd see how it played out. On the surface I'd be opposed to it, Bond is not a soap opera. If Oberhauser was indeed Blofeld and somehow a foster brother that would be even more ridiculous.

@Thunderfinger - yes I would indeed have to stick around. I was using the term in a figurative manner, not quite literally.
    Maybe a better protest would be to refuse to leave.