Things We've Learned from…..Spectre

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    @Risico007, you're one off on all of yours there.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    38. Algy loves plenty of gratuitous sex and violence

That's one of the best lines in the film. I use it from time to time myself.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) it is a great line !
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    58. Bond always has a martini at five
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    59. Irvin Kershner went from The Empire Strikes Back to this... :-O
    61. Bond will forget abot Tracey apparently
    45) Sean brings dignity and ferocity back to the franchise, which had been reduced to clown and gorilla suits.
  • @Risico007 and @doubleohdad... Explain how 61 comes after 59, and 45 after 61...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    45) Sean brings dignity and ferocity back to the franchise, which had been reduced to clown and gorilla suits.

Words can't describe how off your are with the numbering.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Risico007 and @doubleohdad... Explain how 61 comes after 59, and 45 after 61...

It is simple quantum theory.
  • 60. Secret agents have an irrational fear of apples
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    See? The world as we know it no longer exists.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,778

Sorry @doubleohdad but you can't have this one. Bond dueling it out with Largo over video games, wearing overalls, and defeating a villain with pee pee are all dumber than anything in any Roger Moore film. If you actually believe that NSNA is some sort of return to form for the classic Bond films than I'm sorry but your love for Connery and hatred for Moore has made you delusional. As @Benny very accurately stated, Connery will star in Moore style films if the money is right but he was wrong about one thing. NSNA is far worse than a Moore film as even the silliest of the Moore films all knew exactly what they were and wore their hearts on their sleeves. NSNA on the other hand is a confused mess from start to finish produced by a leech of a man who always loved fame far more than he loved James Bond and starring a man who was there for three reasons, 1) To collect a big fat paycheck, 2) To re-ignite a film career that had fizzled considerably since he left Bond behind, and 3) To give a $36 million dollar middle finger to Cubby Broccoli over disputes that they had over 15 years ago.
    @Risico007 and @doubleohdad... Explain how 61 comes after 59, and 45 after 61...

This list in particular is a complete mess. We're up to #66 by my count.

66) Before starting her career as a professional photojournalist Vickie Vale spent her time as a trophy girlfriend.

67) Vickie Vale clearly had a thing for short and skinny psychopathic billionaires with bad hairlines.

68) "I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence" is the least Qish line ever uttered on film. John Cleese in every second of all his cheesiness was more faithful to the spirit of Q than this.
    Sorry. Double post.

Sorry @doubleohdad but you can't have this one. Bond dueling it out with Largo over video games, wearing overalls, and defeating a villain with pee pee are all dumber than anything in any Roger Moore film. If you actually believe that NSNA is some sort of return to form for the classic Bond films than I'm sorry but your love for Connery and hatred for Moore has made you delusional. As @Benny very accurately stated, Connery will star in a Moore style films if the money is right but he was wrong about one thing. NSNA is far worse than a Moore film as even the silliest of the Moore films all knew exactly what they were and wore their hearts on their shoulders. NSNA on the other hand is a confused mess from start to finish produced by a leech of a man who always loved fame far more than he loved James Bond and starring a man who was there for three reasons, 1) To collect a big fat paycheck, 2) To re-ignite a films career that had fizzled considerably since he left Bond behind, and 3) To give a $36 million dollar middle finger to Cubby Broccoli over disputes that they had over 15 years ago.

Clearly you have sean issues, but the truth is that there's more ferocity and intensity in the opening sequence and scrublands fight in NSNA than anything in OP. Now, if we were debating Tarzan yells, clown costumes, gorilla suits, rolling around on top of a rear-rpojection train roof set like a pastry, then yes, the Moore would win, since all he wanted to do is pinch, giggle and eyebrow-arch his way to a salary.

Sorry @doubleohdad but you can't have this one. Bond dueling it out with Largo over video games, wearing overalls, and defeating a villain with pee pee are all dumber than anything in any Roger Moore film. If you actually believe that NSNA is some sort of return to form for the classic Bond films than I'm sorry but your love for Connery and hatred for Moore has made you delusional. As @Benny very accurately stated, Connery will star in a Moore style films if the money is right but he was wrong about one thing. NSNA is far worse than a Moore film as even the silliest of the Moore films all knew exactly what they were and wore their hearts on their shoulders. NSNA on the other hand is a confused mess from start to finish produced by a leech of a man who always loved fame far more than he loved James Bond and starring a man who was there for three reasons, 1) To collect a big fat paycheck, 2) To re-ignite a films career that had fizzled considerably since he left Bond behind, and 3) To give a $36 million dollar middle finger to Cubby Broccoli over disputes that they had over 15 years ago.

Clearly you have sean issues, but the truth is that there's more ferocity and intensity in the opening sequence and scrublands fight in NSNA than anything in OP. Now, if we were debating Tarzan yells, clown costumes, gorilla suits, rolling around on top of a rear-rpojection train roof set like a pastry, then yes, the Moore would win, since all he wanted to do is pinch, giggle and eyebrow-arch his way to a salary.

Actually Sean Connery is one of my favorite actors but I'm not so blinded by my love for him that I refuse to acknowledge that the man loves money, will happily star in crap if the check is big enough and has done some jerkish things in the past.

All the things you mentioned above, minus the Tarzan yell, all alteast make sense in context of the film we're watching. There is a justifiable reason for Bond wearing a clown/gorilla suit. You still haven't been able to defend Bond using his piss to defeat a villain. I saw this when I was 11 or 12 and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen in a Bond film. At 11 or 12 years old I had the wherewithal to realize my intelligence was being insulted. But you probably thought it was brilliant. The funny thing is that if Moore had done the exact same thing in one of his films you'd be bashing it.

As far as the rear projection goes, do you remember just how horrible the rear-projection was in the Dr.No car chase? Or have you chosen to forget that aswell? The difference is that atleast with the Octopussy scene the rear-projection was more justified as it was a far more complex and dangerous stunt scene. The scene in DN was just a very simple and barebones car chase.
    69. putting sean connery back in a bond movie will make gene siskel very happy maybe to happy
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    70. Bond movies can look like they were made for TV.
    71. John Dykstra needed at least one movie on his resume' that totally sucked.
    Hey! I worked with John Dykstra. He's a nice fellow.
  • 69. putting sean connery back in a bond movie will make gene siskel very happy maybe to happy

Siskel and Ebert had the biggest man-crushes on Connery in the world. Well maybe second biggest after a certain board member. Listening to their review of NSNA you can see them practically fawn over Connery like two school girls talking about their favorite boy band. They'd might aswell have given that Penelope Smallbone deep sigh. Then seeing them talk about how NSNA is a new and interesting kind of thriller all the while completely ignorant to the fact that it's a remake of Thunderball. This Connery love-sickness lasted all the way until GE where Siskel said Connery was the only Bond worth our time. Like I've said before there are old-timers out there that never got over Connery leaving the series and in their minds every Bond film to come after doesn't exist. It comes down to stubbornness, a closed-minded attitude, and a man-crush over everyone's favorite Scot.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

I know their review of that movie was hilarious and made me understand why people say they don't know anything about movies.
    The hated Aliens so what do they know!
    Siskel and Ebert had the biggest man-crushes on Connery in the world.
    To be entirely fair, I wrote a rather glowing review of NSNA for my college newspaper at the time, but I focused on how nice it was to see Connery again, not saying it was a great film or anything.

Far from perfect, I enjoy NSNA.
    Far from perfect, I enjoy NSNA.

I'll give you that it's better than DAD and GF, but other than those... It's a lackluster repeat of Thunderball, with only two good actors (Connery and Edward Fox), no good fight scenes after the opening, the stupid thrown urine gag that, while funny, wears on you quick, and so few redeeming factors that the movie's just not worth it.

Now that I think of it, I probably would watch DAD over this, if only because Brosnan's on top of his game there, while Connery clearly needed some time at the health clinic himself before Bond was sent back there for the second time in twenty years.

Now that I think of it, I probably would watch DAD over this, if only because Brosnan's on top of his game there
    *Ramirez voice*
    We are BROTHERS!
    nice highlander quote love that movie
    Birdleson wrote: »
    ALIENS was an absolute piece of garbage.
    Warning: Your credibility has just taken a hit and was damaged. Please commence repair operations.