Things you never want to see in a Bond film again

Comments

• ICBM-sized rockets that can take off (and land) -- at night! -- without anyone within a hundred-mile radius seeing them with their naked eyes.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Bond wearing a jet pack or riding a rocket-powered vehicle. Too gimmicky.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,691
    I never again want to see a Bond that doesn't beat people to death with his bare hands. Those pansy Bonds flipped henchmen into piranha pools, killed villains by popping them like balloons, blowing them up with tankers of gas, throwing them into sea-drills... the REAL James Bond beats baddies to death with his BARE HANDS!!
    *comes out of it*
    Uhhh, what did I just write...??
    HEY! doubleohdad! No possessing me! [-X
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The gag was fine and clear, you didn't need to dummy it down with the obvious bit at the end.
    I thought bare handed killing comments deserved a ham-fisted conclusion...
    ;)
  • 007 looking like something out a fast food restaurant. (Roger Moore doing his Ronald Macdonald impression in Octopussy). Silly burger!!!
    I never want to see a suave guy playing a tough Bond. Craig has proved that, like Sean and George, it works best the other way around.
    No more softies.

I would have said Lazenby comes across as soft.

What?

His fights in that one film alone are tougher than anything in the Moore or Dalton Era.
  • Main villain in drag...
  • Countless references to previous Bond films, the odd reference in a single movie is acceptable. So no more Carry On Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Mi6 HQ blowing up due to a planted bomb.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    EON using kids to draw the villain's face on a balloon and making it pass as if his head inflates and blows up.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Bond fighting his evil twin!
    wait, I think I'm thinking of Star Trek... :\">
    Any mission/plot driven by something (mistake, relationship, betrayal, etc) from Bond or M's past.

I completely agree on this. Let's get back to plots like the early Bonds doing a job because he's defending his country.

DN-Begins with the disappearance of Strangways.
    FRWL-Obvious trap that could result in a Lektor.
    GF-Gold smuggling.
    TB-Bombs held for ransom.

I really don't want any more grief over past lovers, M in danger, someone else from MI6 who's kidnapped, a former MI6 employee now turned world class villain, anything about Bond's parents or his youth.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Indeed, let's have a nice, standard mission for once, without these personal baggage issues.

Hopefully the "message from the past" in Spectre, does not involve SPECTRE, or Blofeld, killing Bond's parents, as this would be a "retcon" of disastrous consequences.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Indeed, let's have a nice, standard mission for once, without these personal baggage issues.

Yes, definitely.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Logan
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,405
    1-Marc Forster directing
    2-Any reference or hommage to former Bond fims. Seen that in OHMSS, DAD, Skyfall to name a few...Enough is enough. A Bond film must stand on it's own.
    3-Marc Forster directing
    4-Marc Forster direction
    5-Marc Forster directing.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    royale65 wrote: »

Hopefully the "message from the past" in Spectre, does not involve SPECTRE, or Blofeld, killing Bond's parents, as this would be a "retcon" of disastrous consequences.

If we're hopeful we'll get a scene like this:

Bond-you killed my father!
    Blofeld: No, 007. I AM your father!

;)
    1-Marc Forster directing
    2-Any reference or hommage to former Bond fims. Seen that in OHMSS, DAD, Skyfall to name a few...Enough is enough. A Bond film must stand on it's own.
    3-Marc Forster directing
    4-Marc Forster direction
    Because Tamahori did such a better job with his Bond movie.
    =))
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited December 2014 Posts: 2,629
    1-Marc Forster directing
    3-Marc Forster directing
    4-Marc Forster direction

Should have saved room for Lee Tamahori.

Edit: Chris was quicker on the draw.

edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    1-Marc Forster directing
    3-Marc Forster directing
    4-Marc Forster direction

Aww......give the guy a break. He had to rewrite quite a bit of the script with Craig due to the writer's strike. In fact, he was able to create a tense pretitles sequence and a pretty tense TOSCA opera sequence with very limited dialogue in it......something he should be proud of, given the writing fools who should have added script to those bits were on strike.

I'd be open to him coming back, without Alicia Keys & Jack Black, without 2nd unit director from the Bourne films (Dan Bradley - shoot him for all I care, he means nothing to me) & with Kleinman and not MK12..
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 533
    I would love to see a female M again. I hope the actress proves to be just as good as Judi Dench.

As for things I never want to see again . . . read the following article:

whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-james-bond-terrible-spy.php

Also, get rid of the sexism and product placements.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I don't want to see a car that's anything more than a car, the days of submarine & Ejector seats are gone.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Bond fighting his evil twin!
    wait, I think I'm thinking of Star Trek... :\">

Evil Kirk was pretty maniacal by any standard, great episode.

Was listening to a few Arnold soundtracks earlier and they are pulse racing at times, sorry for fans of Newman. In Skyfall there are many times I wanted the music to go for it full throttle, alas it never happened. No more Newman after this next movie.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Never again, thank you-

4zz252.jpg
  • Never again, thank you-

4zz252.jpg

Agree that kimono is loud ;)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,138
    DRush76 wrote: »
    I would love to see a female M again. I hope the actress proves to be just as good as Judi Dench.

As for things I never want to see again . . . read the following article:

whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-james-bond-terrible-spy.php

Also, get rid of the sexism and product placements.

Weakness for women? A prolific gambler? I didn't finish the rest, since they apparently want to strip Bond of everything that differentiates him from other fictional spies (bear in mind he was based on real life spies that enjoyed the high life and women).

Product placements have always been a part of Bond as well. Fleming usually mentioned specific brands, Bond mentions specific brands in the early films as well "Thats a dom perigon 55 it'd be a pity to break it." "I prefer the 52 myself" (may have gotten the years wrong).

As for sexism I'd agree with you on some accounts. Some of the old movies certainly had a bit, but what examples are you thinking of recently?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Personally I want my Bond to be sexist. It's his character. I actually want to see him smoking again too.

I'm tired of this PC nonsense. Bond is not PC. Period.

No offense, ladies.
    Never again, thank you-
    4zz252.jpg
    I agree. The Kimono IS loud.
    The crappy Japanese look would work for most visual surveillance of the time, except face to face, of course.
    :)
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Never again, thank you-
    4zz252.jpg
    I agree. The Kimono IS loud.
    The crappy Japanese look would work for most visual surveillance of the time, except face to face, of course.
    :)

Standard operating procedure: hide in plain sight.
  • I'll forgive Sean for pretty much anything ^:)^