Things you never want to see in a Bond film again

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    The gunbarrel at the end of the film. Put it at the start!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pierce Brosnan

Any Innuendo in Moneypenny scenes (those with Samantha Bond were excruciatingly awful).

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I do not want to see Bond cry again. I want him to be a closed door now.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Cowley obviously feels the same way about Samantha Bond that I do with Caroline Bliss, who I really don't like.

The only innuendo with SB that I thought was genuinely bad was the very last one in DAD ( some of the others were corny but she gets away with them in my eyes).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Completely agreed on the gun barrel outro. Placing it at the end of QOS IIRC, was to wrap up the Vesper/Quantum(?) arc, but with SF there was no excuse. I do understand how that opening shot of Bond in the hallway would've conflicted with the gun barrel- it would've been like, 'Ta-da! Here's James Bond! and now Ta-da! Here he is again!'- kind of like what they did with TWINE (somehow, no one ever mentions that one). BUT- if the opening scene doesn't work with the gun barrel, then change the opening scene, simple as that. CR did it brilliant and fresh- actually tying it in with the story, and in future, I would like to see the gun barrel at the end of the song- something like what we saw in GE- but by rights it belongs at the very beginning. It's the gun barrel and scrolling dots, along with that unmistakable theme that puts things into perspective- I'm about to watch a BRAND NEW James Bond adventure for the first time, yeah! \m/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is no big deal, but I too want to see the gunbarrel at the beginning. It is tradition, and much like the texts at the beginning of the Star Wars films. Imagine if Abrams put those at the end of the film?
    I'm not one of those that freaks out when the gunbarrel isn't at the start BUT it would be nice to see it there again.

How would the text at the end of Star Wars work? They are meant to provide setup :p
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I want it at the start too, but thought about something last night to freshen it up for SP. I thought it would be interesting, just for this film, if they had no intro Bond theme during the gun barrel.....just the dots running across the screen, then Bond walking, turning and shooting, but have a little (and I mean little) gun muzzle flare when he fires (like in GE).

The lack of Bond theme sort of will take it back to DN.

It will also give us something to complain about on here.

Then throw the theme back for B25.
    Wait- what? It's no big deal? Right now I am picturing YOU in MY gunbarrel, dear Blunderfinger :)) (or should that be the other way around?)

But yes, the traditon needs to make a return- fingers crossed for SP (avoiding spoilers). Can you imagine the rioting if they did that to Star Wars? Those fans are much more obsessed passionate than Bond fans! I am a pretty big fan myself- and that is blasphemy!
    I am sure it will be at the start this time. If not, what will be Mendes excuse this time?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    QBranch wrote: »
    Wait- what? It's no big deal? Right now I am picturing YOU in MY gunbarrel, dear Blunderfinger :)) (or should that be the other way around?)

But yes, the traditon needs to make a return- fingers crossed for SP (avoiding spoilers). Can you imagine the rioting if they did that to Star Wars? Those fans are much more obsessed passionate than Bond fans! I am a pretty big fan myself- and that is blasphemy!

Just remember that despicable outrage when a black stormtrooper appeared in the teaser trailer. Passionate Obsessed fans can be the worst kind of people.

Just remember that despicable outrage when a black stormtrooper appeared in the teaser trailer. Passionate Obsessed fans can be the worst kind of people.

True. It sort of reminds me of the outrage when a short fella got the role of Bond.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2015 Posts: 15,690
    bondjames wrote: »

True. It sort of reminds me of the outrage when a short fella got the role of Bond.

I also remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

bondjames wrote: »

I also remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

True as well. Or Affleck as the Bat (and I count myself among that group)
    ...or Tom Cruise as a character who's 250 pounds and 6 foot 5.
    Or Michael Keaton as Batman. I was among those.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,189

I thought Keaton was untouchable by Batman enthusiasts until Bale came.

...or do you mean you didn't like the idea of his casting back in 1989?

BAIN123 wrote: »

I thought Keaton was untouchable by Batman enthusiasts until Bale came.

He was. I was wrong. Not often you hear me say that.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Am I already drunk or do you people seriously propose not wanting to see Michael Keaton as Batman in a Bond movie? :-j
  • That made me laugh out loud
    Pierce Brosnan and Christian Bale's Batman in a movie?

Who can overact the most?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2015 Posts: 15,690
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan and Christian Bale's Batman in a movie?

Who can overact the most?

To my knowledge Brosnan has yelled full blast only once - the famous 'maybe you SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HEEEEEERE'. Bale managed to spend an entire movie doing the same thing (Terminator Salvation). Is there any scene in that film where he isn't barking orders at other people?
  • Slide whistle
    ICEBERGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Hi-tech, almost sci-fi Mi6 interiors.
    @MayDay I didn't mind QOS' MI6 interior- the sterile white added a nice contrast to the rest of the film, but I agree, the touchscreen table/wall displays looked more like something out of the Matrix' Zion control centre. Too sci-fi for Bond, at this stage. Just on that topic, did anyone notice the 'touchscreen' computers in TWINE's MI6 (when Bond watches the Elektra interview/compares the ransom amount)?
    M saying "don't make it personal, 007!"

;)
    @MayDay I didn't mind QOS' MI6 interior- the sterile white added a nice contrast to the rest of the film, but I agree, the touchscreen table/wall displays looked more like something out of the Matrix' Zion control centre. Too sci-fi for Bond, at this stage. Just on that topic, did anyone notice the 'touchscreen' computers in TWINE's MI6 (when Bond watches the Elektra interview/compares the ransom amount)?

The touchscreen table exists, it is not sci-fi.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Rouge Bond - let's get back to some official missions!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I agree, a few "Missions" would now make a nice change.