The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    The shirt is some sort of customised LFC football shirt. The logo on the right is the Warrior logo that all LFC shirts have these days.

Ok, I see. But, it's funny that it also becomes his initials.

It's meant to be his initials. It isn't coincidence.

That's why I said customized. Is that the wrong word?
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    The shirt is some sort of customised LFC football shirt. The logo on the right is the Warrior logo that all LFC shirts have these days.

Ok, I see. But, it's funny that it also becomes his initials.

It's meant to be his initials. It isn't coincidence.

That's why I said customized. Is that the wrong word?

No, it is customised. Coaching staff always have their initials on their training tops and tracksuits.
    At the gym in New Zealand. He looks ready to tackle Bautista as far as I am concerned.

1471981_808482365868547_2766395507032921271_n_zps1d897b1d.jpg

Credit DTD

Dan is sure looking in great shape! The fun is about to begin people!!! \:D/
    Graig's a great Bond and I'm glad he's taken the character into a tougher tone.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He is indeed and to be honest, anything less in terms of toughness just wouldn't be acceptable t me particularly in this day and age where you have 2 bit rent a cops in TV shows that fight better and are tougher than the likes of Moore and Brosnan. Simply going around shooting people and blowing things up isn't going to cut it. We need Bond to be credibly physical not just in the fist fights but to look belieavable when he's (Bond)is doing all that crazy stunt work.
  • For me, Craig is the best Bond. I haven't read many of the novels but there was a scene i read recently that really struck me. i think it was in Live and Let Die. Bond had to jump from his window on a ship, i think the propeller was below him, and he had to get into the window of the girl who was being attacked in her room below his. The way Fleming described it he used a mental image of being a kid in an apple tree to give himself the courage to make the jump. He was seriously scared but had ways of convincing himself to overcome the fear and do it anyway. I thought as I read it that Daniel Craig is the only screen Bond who's really shown me that side of Bond - the fear and trauma that comes with the job alongside the gritty determination to get the job done. Moore was the Bond I grew up with and I found him too light to be really credible. Connery I think was excellent, and Dalton too. I found Brosnan likeable and very attractive. Lazenby was unconvincing, for me anyway. But for me Craig has it all - despite not looking particularly like Bond does in the books, he is able to portray that inner conflict, the toughness, the charisma of Bond. He can scare me (the stairwell scene in CR), surprise me (the chase at the embassy at the beginning of CR) and charm me (his relationships with Vesper and M). I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the next instalment. Although I'll miss Dame Judi, I am glad Q and Rafe Fiennes and Eve will be back. Can't wait to see which way they'll take it.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,081
    For me, Craig is the best Bond. I haven't read many of the novels but there was a scene i read recently that really struck me. i think it was in Live and Let Die. Bond had to jump from his window on a ship, i think the propeller was below him, and he had to get into the window of the girl who was being attacked in her room below his. The way Fleming described it he used a mental image of being a kid in an apple tree to give himself the courage to make the jump. He was seriously scared but had ways of convincing himself to overcome the fear and do it anyway. I thought as I read it that Daniel Craig is the only screen Bond who's really shown me that side of Bond - the fear and trauma that comes with the job alongside the gritty determination to get the job done. Moore was the Bond I grew up with and I found him too light to be really credible. Connery I think was excellent, and Dalton too. I found Brosnan likeable and very attractive. Lazenby was unconvincing, for me anyway. But for me Craig has it all - despite not looking particularly like Bond does in the books, he is able to portray that inner conflict, the toughness, the charisma of Bond. He can scare me (the stairwell scene in CR), surprise me (the chase at the embassy at the beginning of CR) and charm me (his relationships with Vesper and M). I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the next instalment. Although I'll miss Dame Judi, I am glad Q and Rafe Fiennes and Eve will be back. Can't wait to see which way they'll take it.

Welcome.

Craig is my fave Bond, too, I also never cared one bit for Lazenby, and also grew up with Moore-Bond.

I believe you're thinking of the scene towards the end in Diamonds Are Forever.

None of the screen Bonds has looked like the book Bond, but I don't think Craig looks less like Fleming's Bond than the others. I think the face fits well, including eye colour (I find it weird that for many people hair colour seems to be an important issue but eye colour not). None of them had the hair "correct" and none of them had the scar.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just hit the jackpot. While looking for Daniel Craig pictures for some Bond poster projects I'll be doing, I found this treasure trove of rare photos that is beyond amazing:

http://theredlist.com/wiki-2-24-525-527-766-view-2000s-3-profile-daniel-craig.html
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Brady,.of you didn't know these pics and like them, you should really come to DTD. These are about 1 % of what we got over all the years. In the gallery, you find all the photoshoots and apparances listed.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And I'm heading over there soon, Germanlady; thanks for the reminder! :)
    And I'm heading over there soon, Germanlady; thanks for the reminder! :)

:)
    Brady,.of you didn't know these pics and like them, you should really come to DTD. These are about 1 % of what we got over all the years. In the gallery, you find all the photoshoots and apparances listed.

Sorry, but what is DTD?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Sorry, but what is DTD?

I believe DTD is "Dedicated to Daniel", a Daniel Craig fansite.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Sorry, but what is DTD?

Its dedicatedtodaniel.com ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    For me, Craig is the best Bond. I haven't read many of the novels but there was a scene i read recently that really struck me. i think it was in Live and Let Die. Bond had to jump from his window on a ship, i think the propeller was below him, and he had to get into the window of the girl who was being attacked in her room below his. The way Fleming described it he used a mental image of being a kid in an apple tree to give himself the courage to make the jump. He was seriously scared but had ways of convincing himself to overcome the fear and do it anyway. I thought as I read it that Daniel Craig is the only screen Bond who's really shown me that side of Bond - the fear and trauma that comes with the job alongside the gritty determination to get the job done. Moore was the Bond I grew up with and I found him too light to be really credible. Connery I think was excellent, and Dalton too. I found Brosnan likeable and very attractive. Lazenby was unconvincing, for me anyway. But for me Craig has it all - despite not looking particularly like Bond does in the books, he is able to portray that inner conflict, the toughness, the charisma of Bond. He can scare me (the stairwell scene in CR), surprise me (the chase at the embassy at the beginning of CR) and charm me (his relationships with Vesper and M). I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the next instalment. Although I'll miss Dame Judi, I am glad Q and Rafe Fiennes and Eve will be back. Can't wait to see which way they'll take it.

I agree, even though it is sacrilege to say that. In all, Craig's films are the best, but not just because of him--because EON went back to the drawing board and scrapped the ridiculousness of the previous 30 years. Some see that as a bad thing. To each their own. But I love the grittiness of Craig's Bond--and he's the best actor to ever play the part. Period. There's nuance in his performances that you don't see even in Connery.
    Best Bond since the 1960's.
    His films are what Bond SHOULD be.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    For all those wondering about the hair.
    hi-james-bond-24-jpg.jpg
    Yeah, after all the discussion about it, very little comments. IMO its perfect this time around.
  • He indee
    hi-james-bond-24-jpg.jpg

• He indee
    hi-james-bond-24-jpg.jpg

He indeed looks way better than in SF!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    He's got quite a bit of a tan going on.
  • Sorry,something went wrong
    Infinitely better.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited December 2014 Posts: 432
    He does look more youthful this time around.

bond-24-titled-spectre-christoph-waltz-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-14.jpg

bond-24-titled-spectre-christoph-waltz-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-16.jpg

Anyone noticed he has a habit of having his left hand in the pocket. He did that a few times in SF.
    He always does, often both ;)
    He looks great- much more Bondian this time round.
    He looks younger than he did 3 years ago. Great hairstyle, hopefully they won't ruin it before Monday. :)
    He looks quite a bit younger than in SF. With that hairstyle and look I can see him playing Bond for quite some time now.
    The better/fuller hair style makes him look younger. This was noticeable when he was doing all the promo stuff for SF and when he hosted SNL.

As for the hand in pocket, it's the, "F you, get a load of my watch" pose. I know, I do it all the time.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Yes, the hair is fine, and he really looks fit. I have no complaints, I just hope the suits fit him better this time.