SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like the definition of a Bond girl being one Bond has sexual intimacy with, though. Which would include the lovely and sizzling Volpe.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Welcome back @Gustav_Graves.

Intresting news about Andrew Scott but I would be very surprised if he played the main villain. He's an amazing, brilliant actor! One thing I have noticed about him is that he avoids being typecast and I've never seen him repeat the same kind of role twice which means I don't think Moriarty will be Blofeld. The Mirror is a tabloid and although I think they might have heard something, I also think they might have filled the blanks by themselves /:)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I think IF Andrew Scott is in it, it would be a good idea for him not to be a villain; that would be a twist. :)

Very nice indeed, mirandafrost!!
  • Whether or not those middle two make the cast, that is one exciting lineup, @mirandafrost.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't want the Moriarty guy to play a similar role here. That would be lame and, I would hope, beneath the Bond franchise. Stunt casting, predicable casting...all that shit is for fly-by-night productions (not that EON hasn't effed up over the years). I'd hope that each performer comes at this with something new and completely unexpected.

I think its a rumor, triggered because he played Moriarty.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I don't want the Moriarty guy to play a similar role here. That would be lame and, I would hope, beneath the Bond franchise. Stunt casting, predicable casting...all that shit is for fly-by-night productions (not that EON hasn't effed up over the years). I'd hope that each performer comes at this with something new and completely unexpected.

I agree its a rumor and I also believe that Bellucci's casting is just a rumor as she has always been rumored to be in whichever the next following Bond film is. Her possible casting goes as far back as Tomorrow Never Dies, when she was supposedly up for the role of Paris Carver.
  • AdaShelby wrote: »

I agree its a rumor and I also believe that Bellucci's casting is just a rumor as she has always been rumored to be in whichever the next following Bond film is. Her possible casting goes as far back as Tomorrow Never Dies, when she was supposedly up for the role of Paris Carver.

Well, not "supposedly," she actually did screen test for Paris, but you're right, she's been regularly rumored ever since, so who knows. I'm gonna be carrying my salt shaker in my back pocket until Thursday.
    My problem with Bellucci is NOT her looks or her age.

My problem is that I don't like her acting.
    I don't think he's going to play the main villain, at all. My thoughts would be that they give him a Kronsteen-type role. Nothing more.

My thoughts would be that mirror.co.uk is completely wrong which wouldn't be surprising since it's the lowest tabloid newspaper in the UK as far as I know.

My bet is that its completely made up. That said, neither Mikkelsen nor Almaric were big names.
  • AceHole wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Monica in a Bond movie and not getting it on with Bond is a waste. It doesn't matter if she's 50. Any straight man will still hit that without hesitation. She doesn't have to be the leading Bond girl but she's still got more than enough sex appeal to have a love scene with Bond.

She is very good looking for her age. But she very much looks like a woman of her age. So too old for Bond girl material.

I can scarcely believe what a load of ageist, sexist tosh I'm reading on this thread !!!!!!!!!

Someone hast to break the news for you so let me do it. This forum is about James Bond, a chauvinist sexist,heavy boozer and killer. Some political correct fraction may apply somewhere else.
    Also how is it sexist to notice that she is well past behind her prime? Bond movies are known for women and girls in their prime. That's a trademark of the franchise!
    Let me also add that I don't need Facebook, Instagram or whatever to form my likings. I for myself can absolutely assure you, that the kind of woman that turned me on as a teenager still do today and with high probability will when I am an old man.
    It's called taste and as the saying goes some have it, some don't.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Bellucci could quite easily play a villainess. She'd nail that sort of role with little problem. Anyone remember her scenes from The Matrix sequels? They're probably the only ones I can remember from them - action sequences aside.

If the rumour is true (and I wouldn't be so sure) then I'll be interested to see if they subvert expectations with the cast a bit.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    Monica in a Bond movie and not getting it on with Bond is a waste. It doesn't matter if she's 50. Any straight man will still hit that without hesitation. She doesn't have to be the leading Bond girl but she's still got more than enough sex appeal to have a love scene with Bond.

She is very good looking for her age. But she very much looks like a woman of her age. So too old for Bond girl material.

I can scarcely believe what a load of ageist, sexist tosh I'm reading on this thread !!!!!!!!!

Someone hast to break the news for you so let me do it. This forum is about James Bond, a chauvinist sexist,heavy boozer and killer. Some political correct fraction may apply somewhere else.
    Also how is it sexist to notice that she is well past behind her prime? Bond movies are known for women and girls in their prime. That's a trademark of the franchise!
    Let me also add that I don't need Facebook, Instagram or whatever to form my likings. I for myself can absolutely assure you, that the kind of woman that turned me on as a teenager still do today and with high probability will when I am an old man.

As Corrine DuFour said in "Moonraker": "You assume a great deal Mr Bond"....Mr @Matt_Helm ;-)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain

Come on Matt, throwing the 'politically correct' jab is such a lame old duck. Not wanting to - or not being - sexist / ageist does not automatically make someone overly P.C.

Claiming Bondgirls have to be under a certain age is just very limiting, and a bit tedious. We've done the '20-something babe shags 007' so many times already.
    AdaShelby wrote: »

I would have applauded then.

Ok, no rumor yet about Sean Connery playing Andrew Bond in a flashback.
    T-21 hours. :bz
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I really wish B24 blows our minds.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

So Sean Connery is going to play Bond's 80 year old father in a flashback?
  • Ludovico wrote: »

So Sean Connery is going to play Bond's 80 year old father in a flashback?

Very good!!!
    :)) :)) :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

So you've pretty much admitted that you care more about fame than acting ability. Which makes no sense at all.

It's this sort of snobby attitude that SF has created amongst a couple of Bond fans and I can't stand it. We've had plenty of unknowns in Bond films before. Fucking Sean Connery wasn't famous at all and look how that turned out!

If it were up to people like you then people like Mads Mikkleson, Robert Carlyle, Robbie Coltrane, etc, would never have gotten a part in a Bond film because, despite being incredible actors with plenty of recognition in their home countries, they're not these big actors that constantly get nominated for Oscars no matter what the role (Waltz, for example, didn't deserve an Oscar nom for Django, Leo did).

You've never seen Andrew Scott before. You admitted as much. But you're writing him off because "he's a nobody" (and he isn't a nobody, he's actually fairly famous, he's just not one of the usual actors that the Academy bum off).

Actually since a you and a few others seem to care about is awards, he won a Bafta not long ago for his role in Sherlock (which he was brilliant in). And before you say "it was a TV Bafta", doesn't matter. Some people (myself included) would argue that TV shows have been surprassing film over the last couple of years.

Saying all that, I doubt he's the main villain, not with Waltz on board. But if he is, who cares? And you don't want him to have "any significant part", because he's not famous enough for you?

Stop bitching, stop being a snob and lets wait and see how he does in the film (if he is cast) before complaining. He's certainly talented enough to be a great addition.

I disagree about Carlyle and Coltrane. Both were recognizable stars at the time, especially Carlyle. But you are spot on with Mikkelson.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 908

Come on Matt, throwing the 'politically correct' jab is such a lame old duck. Not wanting to - or not being - sexist / ageist does not automatically make someone overly P.C.

Claiming Bondgirls have to be under a certain age is just very limiting, and a bit tedious. We've done the '20-something babe shags 007' so many times already.

Far be it from me using the PC club randomly, but I feel,that notions like yours are part of that equation. Life itself is very limiting and discriminating. Before the bar was lowered you had to be tall,dark and exceptionally handsome to play James Bond, thus shutting legions of actors out per se. To get a Nobel price you have to be brilliant and to be a Bond girl you should be extreme hot. That's just how it is. Although going this direction certainly would disenfranchise the young audiences even more. There is a teenager in my house to whom Bond is an old fart and who says his girlfriend diggs Ethan Hunt a lot more,than SFs Bond,which to her is simply old. This is not a good state of affairs for the franchise.
    Also I would maintain,that - be it on the screen or in reality - the 20-something babe shags really can't been done enough.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I am hearing the voice from DAF...

"20 hours..and counting."
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,727

Far be it from me using the PC club randomly, but I feel,that notions like yours are part of that equation. Life itself is very limiting and discriminating. Before the bar was lowered you had to be tall,dark and exceptionally handsome to play James Bond, thus shutting legions of actors out per se. To get a Nobel price you have to be brilliant and to be a Bond girl you should be extreme hot. That's just how it is. Although going this direction certainly would disenfranchise the young audiences even more. There is a teenager in my house to whom Bond is an old fart and who says his girlfriend diggs Ethan Hunt a lot more,than SFs Bond,which to her is simply old. This is not a good state of affairs for the franchise.
    Also I would maintain,that - be it on the screen or in reality - the 20-something babe shags really can't been done enough.

Indirectly you've pointed out exactly why I think we should have more subtle, mature character & actresses in our Bondfilms.

Why on earth should we be panning to the under 20's-crowd though? Let Bond appeal to those of us who cannot stand yet another Tom Cruise 'M.I:' movie..!!
    I am all for mature Bond girls (Rachel Weisz would be perfect for example) but Bellucci is simply too old. Having said that, I am not worried. Even if this rumour turns out to be true, she will probably play a villain or someone other than a Bond girl.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,727
    I am all for mature Bond girls (Rachel Weisz would be perfect for example) but Bellucci is simply too old. Having said that, I am not worried. Even if this rumour turns out to be true, she will probably play a villain or someone other than a Bond girl.

But that's the point, people! Belucci as a buxom villain who beds Bond would be perfect - still makes her a Bondgirl. Think an older Fiona Volpe...

I never said she has to be a 'good' Bondgirl (ie. ally)
    :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Risico007 wrote: »
    there is no way Bond 24 is titled
    Spectre
    if it is I will eat my hat

No, the title is RISICO (EATS HIS HAT)
  • @Gustav I didn't mean to imply that all Skyfall fans are snobs. I'm a Skyfall fan myself (it's my favourite Craig film, thought it was fantastic). And I agree about Mikkleson and Bardem. Both were great, Bardem is my second favourite Bond villain.

My point was that the awards success of SF has given rise to a new breed of Bond fans. Snobs who write off a Bafta winning actor because he's not famous enough.

You mentioned Le Chiffre. He was a great villain and a very fresh and original one (I actually felt a bit sorry for him, seeing him get more and more desperate throughout the movie). And Mads Mikkleson wasn't a big name. How many of us had heard of him? In fact he was probably less famous at the time of CR than Andrew Scott is now.

Just goes to show that fame doesn't matter. Yeah some famous actors will boost the box office takings but at the end of the day Bond will always make money (even LTK, often called a flop, made five times it's budget) and while it's nice having films that make a billion dollars, it's not very important.

What's important is making a good film and part of that means getting great actors that fit the different roles. These actors don't have to be famous. They just have to be good and have to fit the part.
  • AceHole wrote: »

Indirectly you've pointed out exactly why I think we should have more subtle, mature character & actresses in our Bondfilms.

Why on earth should we be panning to the under 20's-crowd though? Let Bond appeal to those of us who cannot stand yet another Tom Cruise 'M.I:' movie..!!

The main problem with that approach (and I say this as someone,who is neither enamoured with the MI movies - except part 3- or Cruise) that the by far largest slice of the tickets gets bought by the under 25 crowd. Also I still would insist, that Bond was, is and should be a mans fantasy and,sorry to say so, men's fantasies rarely are crowded with women on the other side of 30.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    @-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    For many men, you can't beat a Cougar. ;)