SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Okay, so you say:
    --> From 3rd week of November til almost December 25th, ánd
    --> From early January till mid February

I mean, that's like.....almost 12 weeks (!!). Are you sure @JamesBondde? That means a LOT of on location shooting in Austria. By jolly.

my information is from 3rd week of November until December 19th. But be careful, this doesn't automatically mean that they will be filming in this time, this are just the times they need those (or some of those) workers, so also for preperation, testing, 2nd unit support etc.

@Gustav_Graves: yes, you're right. Currently the weather in Southern Austria is really bad and it looks like it will be raining also at least in the next week. Hopefully the weather is getting better for the people there and of course also for the bond production :)
    ggl007 wrote:
    Link, please??

"We have our people everywhere." :)

• Hello everybody, I am not often posting at alI I am afraid, sorry for that. I am bit surprised nobody reacted to Stephen Fry getting off Twitter from now until early 2015 because filming and advised not to do it from where he is... People on the net were talking about him appearing in the new Star Wars, but I think the filming is over. It could fit well with Bond 24
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Okay, so you say:
    --> From 3rd week of November til almost December 25th, ánd
    --> From early January till mid February

I mean, that's like.....almost 12 weeks (!!). Are you sure @JamesBondde? That means a LOT of on location shooting in Austria. By jolly.

my information is from 3rd week of November until December 19th. But be careful, this doesn't automatically mean that they will be filming in this time, this are just the times they need those (or some of those) workers, so also for preperation, testing, 2nd unit support etc.

@Gustav_Graves: yes, you're right. Currently the weather in Southern Austria is really bad and it looks like it will be raining also at least in the next week. Hopefully the weather is getting better for the people there and of course also for the bond production :)
    ggl007 wrote:
    Link, please??

"We have our people everywhere." :)

Could very well be that the 2nd Unit will be mostly filming then.....at high altitudes perhaps where it is less rainy? Perhaps Alexander Witt and his team will be filming the action sequences/stunts in Austria. It kind of confirms van Hoytema's statement that then end of this year, later this winter, Sam Mendes will come to Austria.

I start to think for the sunny, warm weather, the Bond production team -1st and 2nd unit- prefer to wait filming in Marokko and Italy until it's really warmer there. Let's say, around spring, when filming of every aspect in Austria, 1st and 2nd unit, has wrapped.

For me it sounds like the filming plan/schedule of OHMSS....That film started filming on 21st of October in Switzerland. And I think it wrapped up filming there around late February/early March. Because of bad weather conditions the Swiss filming was way overdue on its initial production schedule (it's the disadvantage you have if you really go on and about filming on snowy locations. We saw that with OHMSS, but also with FYEO). Only tiny bits of Pinewood Studio filming were done during that period, until March, when full filming started in Pinewood. And then in April further filming in London and Portugal.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    I don't mind a dark looking Bond. FRWL was very dark looking.

Yes,but you forget how immensely exotic Istanbul was looking to these folks living in the 60ies.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Indeed, the darkest, "grey-est" and weather-wise the "coldest" ones....have been known to be quite good, no :-P? FRWL, OHMSS, to name a few.....

OHMSS darkish, even greyish? Naaah!!!
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

Indeed, the darkest, "grey-est" and weather-wise the "coldest" ones....have been known to be quite good, no :-P? FRWL, OHMSS, to name a few.....

Obviously you forget the part "weather-wise the "coldest" one". Although SF for me, weather-wise, also felt very cold. Very much like a Dutch winter in Scotland: Below freezing, no snow, but at least lots of frozen water, lakes....
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »

Yes,but you forget how immensely exotic Istanbul was looking to these folks living in the 60ies.

"Immensely exotic"? I found it beautiful, but even filming in Istanbul did not happen during mid summer. In case you forget...
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

Obviously you forget the part "weather-wise the "coldest" one". Although SF for me, weather-wise, also felt very cold. Very much like a Dutch winter in Scotland: Below freezing, no snow, but at least lots of frozen water, lakes....

I only watched OHMSS the other day. Don't remember it being greyish.

Ditto FRWL, but haven't that in a while.
  • RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote: »
    I only watched OHMSS the other day. Don't remember it being greyish.

It's not. It's got a great palette, a lot of blues and harsh whites against the warm browns and rich oranges. Mixed with the crushed black it's quite vivid and beautiful. Probably one of the best looks in the series, I would say.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

I very well know that. So was Transylvania in Dracula. The point is: FRWL was far darker looking than DN. Or most of the Bond movies that came after.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,586
    Very interesting...And Star Wars 7 did complete filming on November 2nd. Also, he said to stop tweeting until December. Bond 24 starts shooting December 6th :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Some very interesting news today. British actor Stephen Fry has been advised not to tweet until December (and Bond 24 starts shooting December). Many are speculating that this is because he may be appearing in Star Wars 7, but filming wrapped up early this week. Could he be playing a part in bond 24?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2824338/I-ve-advised-safest-not-tweet-Stephen-Fry-posts-cryptic-message-dramatically-quits-Twitter.html
    if i remember correcxtly Fry was rumored to be in Skyfall i think..
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Some very interesting news today. British actor Stephen Fry has been advised not to tweet until December (and Bond 24 starts shooting December). Many are speculating that this is because he may be appearing in Star Wars 7, but filming wrapped up early this week. Could he be playing a part in bond 24?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2824338/I-ve-advised-safest-not-tweet-Stephen-Fry-posts-cryptic-message-dramatically-quits-Twitter.html

Hmmm, interesting. He surely has the looks of a Bond villain :-).
    Stephen_Fry.jpg
    movies-bafta-ceremony-9.jpg

Why do I....seriously think.....of Anthony Dawson's (Eric Pohlmann's) Blofeld :-)..
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512
    I saw the Fry article regarding his quitting Twitter and I have to be honest I assumed it was because he was visiting an area of conflict, Syria or the like, where he would become a high-profile target. I didn't, and don't, see the Bond link.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    I saw the Fry article regarding his quitting Twitter and I have to be honest I assumed it was because he was visiting an area of conflict, Syria or the like, where he would become a high-profile target. I didn't, and don't, see the Bond link.

True.
    RC7 wrote: »

But his exact words were “Closing down on twitter while filming. In a place whence I've been advised it is safest not to tweet. See you in December."
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 14,799
    I don't see the link either. We are pulling strings here. I love Stephen Fry, he is an amazing entertainer, a genuine humanist and for the record the best thing about that stupid second Hobbit movie, where he played a surprisingly sinister character. But I don't see him as a Bond villain.
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

But his exact words were “closing down on twitter while filming. in a place whence I've been advised it is safest not to tweet. See you in December."

The guy is a TV personality, being 'filmed' is what he spends most of his life doing. Anyhow, who knows? A friend of mine suggested he'd been snared by operation Yewtree and was going to ground, which is probably as likely as him being in B24, but there you go.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I saw his tweet and I don't see the connection. He was advised not to tweet because of where he is going (I guess he might be tracked or targeted) and not because of what he is doing.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,416
    Litle update om imdb page again..

Sound re-recording mixer Scott Millan and Concept Artist Chris Rosewarne returns from Skyfall. A litle bit of reminder: Chris Rosewarne be the guy who make real storyboards, close to paintings from scene's http://chrisrosewarne.com/work-skyfall.html

9.jpg
    How would you react if they announced HANS ZIMMER as the composer of the movie?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2014 Posts: 16,328
    Yawn. Much better composers out there. Such as.. Michael Giacchino, David Arnold, Marco Beltrami, Mychael Danna, Harry Gregson Williams and Christopher Drake would be my ideal choices to compose a Bond score.

Im a little confused with the location. Will Bond 24 have a snowy location?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Im a little confused with the location. Will Bond 24 have a snowy location?

Bond 24 will shoot in Morocco, Rome (and possibly other parts of Italy) and Austria. The shooting in Austria will take place in the Alps during the winter, which means there will be plenty of snow in the movie.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited November 2014 Posts: 108
    It depends. Given Hans Zimmer's previous scores, I would react negatively. However, a week ago, Zimmer announced he has permanently abandoned his previous "bombastic" style of soundtrack orchestration in favor of a subtler, spartan approach. Supposedly, "Interstellar" will mark the debut of Zimmer's newer, subtler style.

Hence, who knows what Zimmer's (hypothetical) Bond 24 score would sound like.

This guy is usually the assistant editor working with editor Lee Smith: https://twitter.com/godbolt Someone on twitter should ask him whether he will be working on Bond 24. :)

Strelik wrote: »
    However, a week ago, Zimmer announced he has permanently abandoned his previous "bombastic" style of soundtrack orchestration in favor of a subtler, spartan approach. Supposedly, "Interstellar" will mark the debut of Zimmer's newer, subtler style.

Umm... I watched Interstellar yesterday and its score is one of the most bombastic movie score I have ever heard.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited November 2014 Posts: 108

Umm... I watched Interstellar yesterday and its score is one of the most bombastic movie score I have ever heard.

Interesting...

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/11/03/hans-zimmer-on-his-interstellar-leap-of-faith-and-scoring-a-new-batman/

http://www.filmmusicsociety.org/news_events/features/2014/110614.html

^ Here are the Zimmer articles discussing how Interstellar's score was intended to be "incredibly personal," "handmade," "nostalgic," and eschewing "the action drums, the propelling strings," etc., to match the film's theme. In other interviews, Zimmer claimed his Interstellar score would be toned down and subtle (in comparison to The Dark Knight trilogy).

However, if Zimmer's score for Interstellar is just his usual bombastic self -- despite his avowals otherwise -- I wouldn't want him to score Bond 24.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Zimmer ' s score for Interstellar is amazing and easily his best work in years. There are a couple of tracks that are bombastic but in a good way that adds a grandness to emphasise and accompany what's on screen. He did an amazing job on that movie and I think if he ever did a Bond film, he'd up his game for it.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I agree. I haven't seen Interstellar yet though.