SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hoyte ' s work on Interstellar is remarkable. The film is impressively ambitious and Nolan, although I give him a hard time at times, he did an incredible job with interstellar and if he were to ever direct a Bond film which I've been vehemently against, I'm now convinced He'd direct the hell out of it. Glad to have Hoyte ' s involvement reaffirmed. As for Denzel, I've never really considered him appearing in a Bond film but if he were cast as a villain, he'd go down as one of the best. Easily.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    It's just a rumour like almost everyone's been mentioned for it, but he did have a few meetings with the Producers, way back and has been very quiet since. ;)
    Loved him in Luther, if he was to be the villain I'd be very happy.

Would prefer him as a double crossing underworld ally/enemy. Someone whose help Bond needs but cannot trust entirely. I want the villain to be an older man/woman.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm wondering with Dave Bautista signed up as a henchman, will we be getting
    A more Traditional Bond villain this time ?
    I'd rather have an older villain too for the same Oedipal reasons. That said I'm not a big fan of Denzel Washington. He's far more famous than Bardem, for one. Elba would fit better if they want a Black actor. And he's imposing enough to look older than he is.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have that ability too, although I young and fantastically good looking, most
    People see me as much older, and uglier ! :))
    And sorry for the double post.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Perhaps Hoytema's work load doesn't begin until January, while the second unit starts in December.

Now that's a smart remark. A lone voice in the desert of panic :-P
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Hoyte ' s work on Interstellar is remarkable. The film is impressively ambitious and Nolan, although I give him a hard time at times, he did an incredible job with interstellar and if he were to ever direct a Bond film which I've been vehemently against, I'm now convinced He'd direct the hell out of it. Glad to have Hoyte ' s involvement reaffirmed. As for Denzel, I've never really considered him appearing in a Bond film but if he were cast as a villain, he'd go down as one of the best. Easily.

What do you think if a director like Martin Campbell -also top notch director- did Bond 24? Would Hoyte van Hoytema still be interested in doing the cinematography for Bond 24?

In any case, I found it very interesting to read from that Dutch article, that van Hoytema got the job, because it was the director Sam Mendes who was going to direct and because van Hoytema admires Mendes. Not primarily because of the "Bond brand".
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Hopefully we start filming this year.

I thought the shooting begin on the 6th Dez

Yeah that quote from Hoytema is a little bit worrisome. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.

I think this is more interesting:
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Hoyte van Hoytema is confirmed!

He says in a Dutch newspaper-interview:

"(...) Meanwhile I am busy working on the new James Bond-film. I have conversations on daily basis about the film. Hopefully we start filming this year. But I am not allowed to say anything about it."

from:http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1023/Film/article/detail/3781973/2014/11/04/Nederlandse-cameraman-lonkt-naar-Oscar-filmprijs.dhtml

Great article @JWPepper. And it confirms everything what I've been saying for a long time. Just read the interview. Now the forum members see how important high profile/Hollywood cast&crew names are to lure other big names into a production:
    DUTCH: Van Hoytema accepteerde de klus niet per se vanwege James Bond. "Nee! Ik kijk altijd eerst naar de regisseur. Dat deed ik met 'Interstellar' ook. In dit geval was het Sam Mendes die ik enorm bewonder en met wie ik graag wilde werken. Dat ik nu bij de franchise van James Bond ben betrokken is prachtig. Als je toch aan een filmserie moet meerwerken, dan maar James Bond."
    ENGLISH TRANSLATION: Van Hoytema accepted the job not just because it's James Bond. "No! I first always look to the director. That's what I also did with 'Interstellar'. And in this case it was Sam Mendes, who I admire a lot and with whom I really wanted to work with. The fact that I'm now part of the James Bond franchise is a lovely thing. If you have to work on a film franchise, then why not James Bond.

Here you have it. We probably would not have had Hoyte van Hoytema, if Sam Mendes wasn't directing. And I remember very well how delighted all forum members in here were, when van Hoytema was announced as cinematographer. Please give Mendes' fame also some credit for that ;-).

Thanks (dankjewel!) @Gustav_Graves

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »

What do you think if a director like Martin Campbell -also top notch director- did Bond 24? Would Hoyte van Hoytema still be interested in doing the cinematography for Bond 24?

In any case, I found it very interesting to read from that Dutch article, that van Hoytema got the job, because it was the director Sam Mendes who was going to direct and because van Hoytema admires Mendes. Not primarily because of the "Bond brand".

Well you've pretty much answered your own question. Hoyte is on this because of Mendes.
    jake24 wrote: »
    When did this interview with Hoytema take place? If it took place recently, then that "Hopefully we start filming this year." line could indicate a further delay... Hopefullly not.
    The article was written 3 days ago.
    :(

Ok but the interview could have taken place months ago for all we know.

And you too buddy! Don't worry man ;-)

What does that even mean?? By the way, it is GOOD if the interview took place months ago becasue if it's recent it means they still don't know whether they will start shooting in December or early next year...
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    I have that ability too, although I young and fantastically good looking, most
    People see me as much older, and uglier ! :))

:D :D :D
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Perhaps Hoytema's work load doesn't begin until January, while the second unit starts in December.

Now that's a smart remark. A lone voice in the desert of panic :-P

I would panic if that was the case. I mean a whole month worth of filming WITHOUT Hoytema? That would be insane.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    From what I know, this kind of interviews/pieces take a while to get published. It's probable that the conversation took place a while back. Don't worry.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 512
    Sandy wrote: »
    From what I know, this kind of interviews/pieces take a while to get published. It's probable that the conversation took place a while back. Don't worry.

No, the conversation/interview took place on October, 29. It's on the writers twitterpage.

I'm afraid the start of filming will take a little longer :-(
    what makes me nervous is might their be scripting issues first Purivs and Wade now this Jez fellow....
    I wouldn't be too worried about calling someone in the end to take a look at the script and do some final adjustments. I've said it before, after you spend a lot of time writing something you can't see the problems any more. Sometimes it's repetitions, mistakes, etc. It happens regardless of what you are writing, I have a lot of experience with that in my own professional life. Before I submit anything I wrote I pass it to a least one colleague who wasn't involved in the writing and ask for a revision. There are always, and I stress this, always things to change!
    Risico007 wrote: »
    what makes me nervous is might their be scripting issues first Purivs and Wade now this Jez fellow....

The script was written by exactly the same 4 writers as the script of Skyfall. So if you liked that one you will probably like this one too.
  • Risico007 wrote: »

The script was written by exactly the same 4 writers as the script of Skyfall.

This,Ukraine crisis, Islamic state.
    Scary times indeed!
    Risico007 wrote: »

The script was written by exactly the same 4 writers as the script of Skyfall. So if you liked that one you will probably like this one too.

Oh boy we are in trouble ;)

Sandy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too worried about calling someone in the end to take a look at the script and do some final adjustments. I've said it before, after you spend a lot of time writing something you can't see the problems any more. Sometimes it's repetitions, mistakes, etc. It happens regardless of what you are writing, I have a lot of experience with that in my own professional life. Before I submit anything I wrote I pass it to a least one colleague who wasn't involved in the writing and ask for a revision. There are always, and I stress this, always things to change!

The voice of reason.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 30
    some news from Austria: this weekend the hearings for the crew worker jobs are held in a small hotel in Lienz (not the Grand Hotel). as already stated weeks ago, the are looking for crew workers to support the crew and not for extras! they need people for transport, catering, people who can drive a snow groomer or a truck etc. and its going to be a "very stressful and exhausting" job. work in Austria (for these helpers) should already start in approx. 2 weeks in November until almost christmas and from beginning of January until mid of February.

Vielen dank! That indicates that, if anything, the shooting is starting earlier rather than later than expected. Do keep us updated ;)
  • some news from Austria: this weekend the hearings for the crew worker jobs are held in a small hotel in Lienz (not the Grand Hotel). as already stated weeks ago, the are looking for crew workers to support the crew and not for extras! they need people for transport, catering, people who can drive a snow groomer or a truck etc. and its going to be a "very stressful and exhausting" job. work in Austria should already start in approx. 2 weeks in November until almost christmas and from beginning of January until mid of February.

Okay, so you say:
    --> From 3rd week of November til almost December 25th, ánd
    --> From early January till mid February

I mean, that's like.....almost 12 weeks (!!). Are you sure @JamesBondde? That means a LOT of on location shooting in Austria. By jolly.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    some news from Austria: this weekend the hearings for the crew worker jobs are held in a small hotel in Lienz (not the Grand Hotel). as already stated weeks ago, the are looking for crew workers to support the crew and not for extras! they need people for transport, catering, people who can drive a snow groomer or a truck etc. and its going to be a "very stressful and exhausting" job. work in Austria (for these helpers) should already start in approx. 2 weeks in November until almost christmas and from beginning of January until mid of February.
    Link, please??
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 9,738
    Interesting....... I wonder if this means that unlike Skyfall which felt really gray and London based Bond 24 will be much more worldly if so I already like it better.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    Interesting....... I wonder if this means that unlike Skyfall which felt really gray and London based Bond 24 will be much more worldly if so I already like it better.

Uhmm, could be. But you know the weather conditions in the past weeks in Austria, Tirol? They had weather alarms there already last week, due to heavy snowfall and quite early freezing temperatures.

If SF is very "gray" location-wise, than Bond 24 will at least not immediately feel "warmer" :-P.
    True but like I said Bourne Legacy is much more beutiful film to look at from the Alaskan winter wilderness to the Fallish feel of Chicago and outside of DC. to the summerish feel of the Finale (I think in the phillipians it;s been a while since I have sat down and watched the film) Where to me Skyfall was very gray with some brief spots of color (Most notably at Silva's Island and the PTS) I understand it's all about atmosphere and Bond's rebirth and the darkness.... I get the reasoning it still doesn't change the fact that Skyfall looks like a very depressing film color pallate wise.
    I don't mind a dark looking Bond. FRWL was very dark looking.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    I don't mind a dark looking Bond. FRWL was very dark looking.

Indeed, the darkest, "grey-est" and weather-wise the "coldest" ones....have been known to be quite good, no :-P? FRWL, OHMSS, to name a few.....