SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Shut up. That's star wars!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    May the force be with you, sirseanisbond. :)

Sandy, that is interesting! And thanks for the reminder to check the other accounts.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    With the lack of news for Bond fans, perhaps " The Farce Awaits "
    Might be apt. :))
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,756
    Now now, The Golden Shadow of the Death Force Awakening Twice
  • Arent's we a bunch of nerds :-P :))
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Gustav_Graves did you phone the hotel?
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I think it is going to be insane when we get official news about Bond 24.

Despite the fact I'm 99% sure they won't, if Quantum return I want a reaction shot of your face.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,021
    maybe the lack of any news has got to do with there isn't any news to report. while rumours have been flying around for months about who may be cast as the villain and Bond girl it could be that no one has been cast yet. Which could be a bit worrying. I was watching the special feautures on the DAD bluray the other night (always good for a laugh) and in the "from script to screen" documentary they are struggling to get anyone cast (despite rumours) with only a few weeks to the beginning of production. While I find it hard to believe that they are struggling to find someone to star in a film directed by Sam Mendes and following the global sensation "SkyFall" it could be that they reallly haven't cast anyone yet! In the DAD docu they state that Rosamund Pike was only cast with 5 days before filming began - and with her first scènes being shot on the Monday, the thursday before her character had no costumes ready. Also during the DAD press conference the film was still being referred to as Bond 20. Just a thought...

Or it could be that this time they really are being more carefull and are managing to keep the big news story of villain, Bond girl and title until the press conference, with only certain people knowing what they are. As a result no leaks to the press. And nothing to report.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I wouldn't use the production schedule of DAD or the Brosnan era in general as a blueprint to forecast the stages of production for the Bond movies of the Craig era; especially in the advent of SF. The overall calibre of the movies are superior and more credible in every way, from the confirmed cast to the crew members. Compare what we know to be confirmed for Bond 24 at the moment and seriously ask if they're really struggling to cast and fill key roles for the villain and other Bond girl. I think the Eon are just biding their time for when they want to release and confirm details...much to our frustration.

• maybe the lack of any news has got to do with there isn't any news to report. while rumours have been flying around for months about who may be cast as the villain and Bond girl it could be that no one has been cast yet. Which could be a bit worrying. I was watching the special feautures on the DAD bluray the other night (always good for a laugh) and in the "from script to screen" documentary they are struggling to get anyone cast (despite rumours) with only a few weeks to the beginning of production. While I find it hard to believe that they are struggling to find someone to star in a film directed by Sam Mendes and following the global sensation "SkyFall" it could be that they reallly haven't cast anyone yet! In the DAD docu they state that Rosamund Pike was only cast with 5 days before filming began - and with her first scènes being shot on the Monday, the thursday before her character had no costumes ready. Also during the DAD press conference the film was still being referred to as Bond 20. Just a thought...

Or it could be that this time they really are being more carefull and are managing to keep the big news story of villain, Bond girl and title until the press conference, with only certain people knowing what they are. As a result no leaks to the press. And nothing to report.

Yes, with DAD, they were weeks (maybe even a couple of months) into shooting before the title was revealed. QOS was also a couple of weeks into filming before the title was announced. Thats why there is no guarantee that we will get a title by Dec. 6.

Also with DAD, I think I remember that Halle Berry was also cast just days before filming began. And with CR, my memory is that Eva Green was not cast until 2 or 3 weeks after filming had begun (all the talk leading up to shooting if I remember was that Thandie Newton was going to be Vesper).

So yes, the reason that we have so little info could be that they have not yet cast certain parts and they may still be fumbling about trying to come up with a title. None of this means there will be delays -- it just means some of these decisions might come down to the wire
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,021
    @doubleoego - i completely agree with you. The cast of the film is probably already decided and signed off. It was just that i was watching the DAD docu and I found some of the last minute casting choices and décisions interesting. Yes, I don't believe that Bond 24 is following in any way the "blueprint" of DAD stages of production but I do find it interesting that we have less info about Bond 24 at this stage than Bond 23. I am hoping that come the day of the press conference we will have lots of surprises!
    QOS title was revealed during the PC..
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    QOS title was revealed during the PC..

Yes, you're right. But my memory is that the PC wasn't held until a week or two after filming had started. But my memory may be wrong!

• @germanlady - yes thats correct. i checked on youtube and the title is displayed behind them.
  • @germanlady - yes thats correct. i checked on youtube and the title is displayed behind them.

Just did some snooping around. QOS started filming on Jan. 3 2008. The press conference revealing the title was not until Jan. 24, 2008.

• @mdileo007 - thanks for that. Didn't realise the press conference was held after filming began on QOS.
    But the title for QoS leaked before, if I remember correctly.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Who is going To be the villain? Chiwetol? Mark Strong ruled himself out reasonably convincingly.

I think Ejiofor won't be, apparently because of conflicting schedules. Some people here mentioned Idris Elba, that he may have been the first choice all along (apparently they wanted/want a British and black actor). I'd love it to be true, but not sure how serious the rumour is.
    I have a source on the production. Told me the next title is called!
    "HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!" :D
    I don't know if the success of SF means Mendes can just get anyone he wants. There is still a funny stigma with Bond. Not sure that with the exception of the lead actors it's ever done any actor's career any huge favours.

• @mdileo007 - thanks for that. Didn't realise the press conference was held after filming began on QOS.

I can also remember some very late casting in the 80s regarding Bond himself. If I remember correctly, Dalton (after the whole Brosnan/Remington Steele flap) was not cast in TLD until a week or so before filming. I think he wrapped shooting on Brenda Starr on a Friday in Florida and started shooting TLD the next Monday at Pinewood.

Another interesting tale is from Octopussy. Roger was holding out for more money from Cubby, so they basically had a deal in place for James Brolin to star as Bond in the film. In fact, they had to shoot the stunt on the plane (from the finale) a couple of months prior to principal photography beginning -- so since everyone assumed Brolin was going to be Bond -- they had the stuntman who hangs from the plane dye his hair jet black to match Brolin. Of course what happened? Cubby and Roger came to an agreement days before shooting started and Brolin was out. But then they realized the footage of the plane stunt featured a stunt man with jet-black hair. So what did they do? Go watch the film -- you'll notice that in the finale sequence -- Bond arriving in the balloon with Q, the whole attack on the monsoon palace, and the fight on the plane with Gobinda -- Roger's hair is all of a sudden jet-black. The rest of the film his hair is his normal blondish/reddish color. They dyed Roger for those scenes to match the stuntman

edited November 2014 Posts: 4,012
    Just a few minutes ago Chris Corbould tweeted this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p>Locations for Bond24 are amazing!</p>— Chris Corbould OBE (@Chriscorbould1) <a href=" November 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When asked by the HMSS blog:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="pt"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Chriscorbould1">@Chriscorbould1</a>; Will we get to find out details soon?</p>— The HMSS Weblog (@HMSSweblog) <a href=" November 2014</a></blockquote>
    He answered:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="pt"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/HMSSweblog">@HMSSweblog</a>; Details will be revealed soon but not by me!
  • Getafix wrote: »
    I don't know if the success of SF means Mendes can just get anyone he wants. There is still a funny stigma with Bond. Not sure that with the exception of the lead actors it's ever done any actor's career any huge favours.

What would you say was the funny stigma? Of recent actors some have gone on to have some good careers in film. While they are not opening films by themselves they certainly have been cast in films with A list talent. Rosamand Pike for example who starred in the worst Bond film DAD has had a pretty good career since that film. early buzz suggests a possible oscar nomination for her stunning performance in Gone Girl. Not everyone goes onto super stardom but there are a few who have made careers out of appearing in a Bond film.

• @mdileo007 - interesting info. I will have to go back and re-watch the Octopussy special features/commentary. I knew about the possibility of James Brolin being cast but wasn't aware that they had shot some stunts with the stuntman dressed as Brolin instead of Moore. Do they mention that in the special features?

I think that Mendes has his whole team together and its just being kept a secret until the last minute. Listening to the SF soundtrack the other day and I really hope that Thomas Newman comes back. Its one of the Bond scores that I wasn't sure about when I first heard it but its grown on me over time and its a great listen by itself without the film. With the film though its even better.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Pike has overcome that Bond girl stigma... you go 'gone girl' girl.. btw she is anything but a girl :/ . Woman

=P~
  • Getafix wrote: »

What would you say was the funny stigma? Of recent actors some have gone on to have some good careers in film. While they are not opening films by themselves they certainly have been cast in films with A list talent. Rosamand Pike for example who starred in the worst Bond film DAD has had a pretty good career since that film. early buzz suggests a possible oscar nomination for her stunning performance in Gone Girl. Not everyone goes onto super stardom but there are a few who have made careers out of appearing in a Bond film.

I think what @Getafix means is the danger of being typecasted after one has performed in a Bond film. Not only that, for more established actors it was most of the time the reason not to star in a Bond film.

Rosamund Pike back in 2002 was not a star. I love it that she's doing so well now. But being part of a Bond film always makes your acting-CV slightly "different" compared to other fantastic actors who did not star in a Bond film yet.
  • @mdileo007 - interesting info. I will have to go back and re-watch the Octopussy special features/commentary. I knew about the possibility of James Brolin being cast but wasn't aware that they had shot some stunts with the stuntman dressed as Brolin instead of Moore. Do they mention that in the special features?

I think that Mendes has his whole team together and its just being kept a secret until the last minute. Listening to the SF soundtrack the other day and I really hope that Thomas Newman comes back. Its one of the Bond scores that I wasn't sure about when I first heard it but its grown on me over time and its a great listen by itself without the film. With the film though its even better.

I can't remember if it is on the OP special features, or if this story was told when the film came out (I was 15 when OP was released). Been a bond fan for so long that sometimes I can't remember where a certain tidbit of info came from, but I remember being fascinated by this story.

And yes, the SF score has grown on me as well...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Sandy wrote: »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p>Locations for Bond24 are amazing!</p>— Chris Corbould OBE (@Chriscorbould1) <a href=" November 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="pt"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Chriscorbould1">@Chriscorbould1</a>; Will we get to find out details soon?</p>— The HMSS Weblog (@HMSSweblog) <a href=" November 2014</a></blockquote>
    He answered:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="pt"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/HMSSweblog">@HMSSweblog</a>; Details will be revealed soon but not by me!

Great details @Sandy , everyone seemed to ignore this bit of information.
  • Sandy wrote: »

He answered:

Great details @Sandy , everyone seemed to ignore this bit of information.

Well, the locations are indeed amazing for Bond 24. That's for sure. They "ooze" more exotic, 1960's Bond locale...than SF.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks, @Sandy. :) I'm getting excited because I sense we are getting real news soon. In the nick of time!