What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

Those Grace Jones videos are entertaining, but not sure her voice is really up to it. Am I missing something or is she not that good a singer? Now, at least (don't know what she was like back in the day).

I like her in AVTAK though - a quirky and entertaining bit of casting. Without her AVTAK would be a bit dreary. The main Bond girl (don't even know her name) is awful.
  • 2015 is the 30th anniversary of AVTAK, after all.

Bring on Grace Jones—or better yet, Duran Duran.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    I think they should get a band to do it; either Alt J or Arctic Monkeys:

• Big_GeeBig_Gee Wales
    O.K If we are talking groups this time - how about the Swedish one - First Aid Kit
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    It's a long shot - but I think Suede would do a god job. They do edgy, dramatic and slightly eerie songs as well as the best of 'em.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    I wonder if the final performer/s of any title track for B24 will be very off everyone's lists but totally "makes sense".
  • Despite the latest rumours I would have thought Adele is a shoe-in for first dibs after the last outing. She's the new Bassey sort of...I still think they'll offer it to her first
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,844
    Despite the latest rumours I would have thought Adele is a shoe-in for first dibs after the last outing. She's the new Bassey sort of...I still think they'll offer it to her first

It sounds like Adele is one of the latest rumors. I'm with you in thinking she's the likeliest candidate.
    It sounds like she has spoken to Mendes, but may be is not interested in doing it. I thought her song was okay but was crying out for a bit of extra oomph. It was just missing a climax somehow. Barry would have turned it into a masterpiece. How the series misses him!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    At the moment there are so many rumours, Sam Smith keeps getting a mention. With several rumours and reports of Rihanna having a role in the film, so she might do a Madonna and sing the theme as well.
    More than who is singing I want to know who will compose the title track. I would prefer the soundtrack composer, even if it's Thomas Newman, has a contribution .
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    a man who i think could create a very interesting Bond song - would be Swedish guitarist Jose Gonzalez... he has a very minimalist style to his music (except for a few songs).. most of you who played the game Red Dead Redemption will know his song "Far Away" from the game...

edited December 2014 Posts: 1,727
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I think they should get a band to do it; either Alt J or Arctic Monkeys

Actually, Artic Monkeys would be an inspired choice. If anyone remembers the 'Last of the Shadow Puppets' album that lead singer/songwriter Alex Turner did a while back, that had some VERY Bond-eque vibes to it.
    The new ACDC album sucks big time, so I don´t want them any more.

That leaves only Arctic Monkeys.

Or an intrumental track by Jeff Beck.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Arctic Monkeys has been mentioned for years.
    I do hope we find out soon during the announcement and photo call ... not betting on it, though.
    Arctic Monkeys has been mentioned for years.
    Good thing, perhaps that makes someone listen.

• Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    I would love to see U2 doing it. One of the world's most famous band for the biggest movie franchise of all time. And what about Rolling Stones coming back to do a James Bond theme? Could be nice.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,767
    I would love to see U2 doing it. One of the world's most famous band for the biggest movie franchise of all time. And what about Rolling Stones coming back to do a James Bond theme? Could be nice.
    I´m not a Stones fan, but I would actually love to hear them do a Bond song! Gimme Shelter for instance wasn´t to far from it.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh I said ages ago I'd love Gimme Shelter in a Bond film. I nearly hyperventilated when it was used so effectively in Layer Cake. It is so darn sexy and lends an atmosphere that could be several things to fit a film (mysterious, dangerous, etc.)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i've maintained that i would love to hear Ozzy Osbourne do a Bond theme.... picture a song in the style of "See You On The Other Side" or "Dreamer" - with a Bond orchestra behind it.... my god, it would sound like magic.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Arctic Monkeys I'd be fine with but I'd love to see U2 get a crack at a Bond theme, the new album hasn't exactly gone down that well but I think it's there best since the 90's, a real surprise, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did after the disappointment of every album released since 2000. Their last album had promise but then was scuppered by wanting to have hit singles, Get On your Boots was horrendous.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Didn't the Rolling stones turn down doing GoldenEye ?
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I´m not a Stones fan, but I would actually love to hear them do a Bond song! Gimme Shelter for instance wasn´t to far from it.

Yes that's true. I never thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, you're right! Gimme Shelter could indeed be a JB theme song. =D>
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,844
    Next to "You Can't Always Get What You Want," "Gimme Shelter" is my all-time favorite Rolling Stones song. I've never thought about it as a potential James Bond song, but now that you've mentioned it, yeah, I could totally see that working if they punched it up with trumpets and gave it a bit more of that Bondian orchestral grandeur. And of course the song was used incredibly well in Daniel Craig's scene with Sienna Miller in Layer Cake.
    Caro Emerald - The Bullet

It would be great to get a more minimalistic song like Nobody Does It Better.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Morrissey, Kasabian, Goldfrapp, Suede
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It'd be a shame if Caro Emerald never got the chance to sing a Bond theme.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Muddyw wrote: »
    Caro Emerald - The Bullet

Wow, bloody fantastic voice, she needs to sing a Bond theme.
This discussion has been closed.