What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Richard Ashcroft could do it.
    Muddyw wrote: »
    Caro Emerald - The Bullet

She would certainly get my vote for sure!
  • help101help101 LEIGH In The U.K.
    For Me I would enjoy hearing Adele create and sing another title song keep a Winning Team Going Adele and Sam Mendes and the rest.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Apparently the title track is either in the works or finished. It has been kept completely quiet ... I am unsure but think that being kept a good secret means that it probably is Adele returning. Which I wouldn't mind. I do hope that Caro Emerald gets a shot at it someday, though.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,447
    I am asking for moved this thread to Bond 25 & Beyond and name change to Next title song.

It be nice if there stil consider a group:

Kensington (Dutch Coldplay)

Blossoms (English)

Sam Smith whas nominated and winner from BBC price Artist 2014 and in 2008 Adele whas big winner of 2008. Blossoms is nominated for 2016.

but if not:

A couple of weaks a go ''Seal'' made a bit of comeback.

I think it is better to save Adele for Bond 26 to help next Bond actor of possible 6th movie for Daniel Craig.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mods, can we adapt this for Bond 25?

Also, tell me this doesn't look extremely Bond-like:
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The thread title has been edited accordingly.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    They need to go back to choosing artists that will deliver a great tune not flavour of the months that have a few big hits and hugely mainstream.

Until Adele this was not the case, hopefully the next director will have a better taste in music and Babs will have a more open mind than just latest sensation.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think Lady Gaga would do a great theme. :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Writings On The Wall is one of the most timeless Bond songs ever.
    Good thing Mendes and BB chose Sam Smith. And it was rewarded big time.

The naysayers and haters are in a very small very vocal minority. Record sales prove it.

Hopefully for Bond 25 we will get another such timeless classic.
    Adele, PJ Harvey or Lana Del Rey
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

The naysayers and haters are in a very small very vocal minority. Record sales prove it.

You possibly should look up what timeless classic means, the series hasn't seen anything of the like since Duran Duran.

Anything since has been a case of you like or you don't none of the themes with maybe GE and say maybe can claim that.

GF, YOLT, WHATTITW, DAF & NDIB but seriously that Sam Smith song will be forgotten before the next Bond film arrives.

Your love of SPECTRE is commendable but your starting to sound like you work for EON with your constant promotions and defending of what is a very divisive film in the fan base and the general public.

I for the record are a big fan of Skyfall but have no delusions it's as perfect as you claim SP is. Although I remember you saying the new series of X- files was brilliant so who knows how your mind works.
    Shardlake wrote: »

You possibly should look up what timeless classic means, the series hasn't seen anything of the like since Duran Duran.

Anything since has been a case of you like or you don't none of the themes with maybe GE and say maybe can claim that.

GF, YOLT, WHATTITW, DAF & NDIB but seriously that Sam Smith song will be forgotten before the next Bond film arrives.

Your love of SPECTRE is commendable but your starting to sound like you work for EON with your constant promotions and defending of what is a very divisive film in the fan base and the general public.

I for the record are a big fan of Skyfall but have no delusions it's as perfect as you claim SP is. Although I remember you saying the new series of X- files was brilliant so who knows how your mind works.

WOTW is class. And I think Adele's Skyfall is a classic - for me it's most definitely the best Bond song.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

I think The Last Shadow Puppets would make a great Bond theme. Listen to "My mistakes were made for you". Beautiful song.
    Walecs wrote: »

I think The Last Shadow Puppets would make a great Bond theme. Listen to "My mistakes were made for you". Beautiful song.

Yea, definitely. I'm not blown away by this new album, but it's not bad. I know they have a great Bond theme in them. That, or at the very least The Arctic Monkeys.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »

Yea, definitely. I'm not blown away by this new album, but it's not bad. I know they have a great Bond theme in them. That, or at the very least The Arctic Monkeys.

Arctic Monkeys would also be a great choice.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Although I'm trying to ignore you, sometimes you are hilariously funny (and right).

It's true, SP is my No 1, but I am absolutely aware that SP is somewhere in the middle popularity wise. If I'm over-enthusiastic then it's because I LOVE that movie.
    But I can be objective, look at my DN-SP ranking in the other thread.

As for classic songs. I agree, AVTAK was the high point in the franchise. Duran Duran rocks (to this day) and has delivered the best Bond theme ever.
    It's nice to see, that you accept GoldenEye as maybe a classic too. I believe it is the best song since AVTAK and hasn't been topped to this day.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Joss Stone would do a killer job.

Lady Gaga

Or

Lana Del Rey
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Lady Gaga

Or

Lana Del Rey

Yes ..still wanting Bjork and Muze.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 5,185
    not familiar with this singer, but i found this song today and my first thought was oh my god this would be such a good Bond Song, lyrics and everything. Could have been the Spectre title track.
    Instrumental would suit me, did not like the vocals of recent Bond themes. You know my name easily the best in recent years IMO.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. I miss a good instrumental Bond title theme.
    Adele.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    As a member of the silent majority I'll say it now: WOTW is a fantastic Bond song and the Oscar was a surprise given the competition, but well deserved. The "hate" comes from people being irritated by the falsetto voice in the first place.

About the thread: EON has done everything right since SF and SP, I expect them to surprise us with another great tune. Arctic Monkeys, Muse and Bjork are all well, but unlikely. Expect an artist/group that has a top ten/top five song this year or next and you'll have a likely contender.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    As a member of the silent majority I'll say it now: WOTW is a fantastic Bond song and the Oscar was a surprise given the competition, but well deserved. The "hate" comes from people being irritated by the falsetto voice in the first place.

About the thread: EON has done everything right since SF and SP, I expect them to surprise us with another great tune. Arctic Monkeys, Muse and Bjork are all well, but unlikely. Expect an artist/group that has a top ten/top five song this year or next and you'll have a likely contender.

It's a great song, I love it - but can't help thinking it would have been better sung by someone else
    Ariana Grande, anyone??
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    .....Followed by a long silence ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    1. Arctic Monkeys. Time for a British rock group to do it again. Duran Duran was the last.
    2. Coldplay. See above.
    3. Ellie Goulding. Last year's rumors made me stand up and take notice.
    4. The Weeknd. I think he could actually pull this off. "Earned It" had a bit of a Bondish feel to it...and I found it superior to WOTW. He should have "earned" the Oscar.
    5. The Black Keys (my dark horse selection)
This discussion has been closed.