SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

From a friend in other forum:
    "I've got a friend in Rome who revealed that permits have been filed for closing down the Coliseum"
    Did he say when?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,844
    The Coliseum would be perfect for Bond. It's been awhile since Bond messed around at a national landmark à la the Pyramids, the Eiffel Tower or the Golden Gate Bridge. Last time we saw something like that was the Millennium Dome in TWINE.
  • I really want to see a gun fight in the basement catacombs that turns into a fist fight gladiator battle between Bond and Hinx!
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    A scene in the Coliseum sounds interesting. I see it as either a action scene, dialogue scene or perhaps even an establishing moment.
    The last movie Hoytema worked on was partially shot with IMAX cameras. Will Bond 24 be the first Bond movie to be partially shot in IMAX? I guess we will find out during the press conference.
  • No SkyWalk? Bond24 cancels filming explosion in Dachstein... Altaussee Lake still a possibility.

http://t.co/nSWpGOWsJD

http://t.co/OVQSlR5xyu

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for the update @skullkrusher. :)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    So probably another filming location in Austria. Altausseer See in Steiermark. Where they want to plan filming on a lake sequence, with typical Austrian boats.

plaettenfruehstueck-grundslee-tvb-ausseerland--tom-lamm--d.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    An interesting detail of the report on the cancelled shooting at the Dachstein is that it was planned to have a helicopter landing next to a ski lift top station destroyed by an explosion.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    An interesting detail of the report on the cancelled shooting at the Dachstein is that it was planned to have a helicopter landing next to a ski lift top station destroyed by an explosion.

Sjees, how "OHMSS" does that sound ;-). Perhaps they do that scene in Obertilliach (construction of big house) or Sölden (Rettenbachferner glacier) now. Probably now possible to add to the list of locations Altausseer See in Steiermark as well (lake sequence). And Lienz (hotel sequence)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,312
    zebrafish wrote: »

Perhaps we need to wait until more shooting locations are confirmed, but it seems Austria will really be the main location of Bond 24. Like the UK was in SF and Czech Republic (Montenegro) in CR.

In any case, there has been some heavy scouting taking place in Austria. EON Productions have now visited or will visit:
    --> Levant (Dolomiten Golf Resort, hotel)
    --> Lienz (Grand Hotel Lienz, hotel)
    --> Sölden (in consideration, ski slopes available)
    --> Rettenbachferner glacier (ski slopes available)
    --> Obertilliach (ski slopes available, hotels, building large alpine house)
    --> Altaussee (ski slopes available, lake)
    --> Dachstein (*cancelled* ski resort)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is definitely shaping up to be a very different movie from SF and thats purely based on locations which looks really exciting. These Austrian locations contrasting against Morocco and Rome is definitely going to give this movie a classic and diverse flavour which we havn't seen in quite some time. My excitement levels are rising and I just hope we get a healthy amount of time spent in these lovely locations.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This is definitely shaping up to be a very different movie from SF and thats purely based on locations which looks really exciting. These Austrian locations contrasting against Morocco and Rome is definitely going to give this movie a classic and diverse flavour which we havn't seen in quite some time. My excitement levels are rising and I just hope we get a healthy amount of time spent in these lovely locations.

I hope that too @doubleoego :-). The locations remind me slightly of those in CR and QOS (Lake Como, Florence, Talamone, Bregenz), now with a slight wintery touch.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 3,169
    doubleoego wrote: »
    +1
    bondsum wrote: »
    Slightly optimistic about this after being hugely letdown by Skyfall.

Still not sure about the rumour of Moneypenny's back in the field story, nor am I enthusiastic about the new Q. But I'm willing to give it a chance.

Obviously Hinx is a working name and not the actual one. Otherwise it's a good bit of casting if true.

Really? Have you read my previous post? For me it had everything I wanted for a.Bond film. What kind of Bond film you're looking for then? Less dark, less multi-layered, more...straight-in-your-face action and humour? For me that's kinda boring. I loved the Brosnan movies as a kid, but I barely rematch them.

I'm looking for a Bond film that doesn't bore me, make me fall asleep or make me keep glancing at my watch wondering when it's going to end. Sadly, Skyfall did all those things for me. But it's ok, you're allowed to like/love Skyfall, just don't expect everyone else to. I like Bond on a mission, a proper mission, like the PTS of SF, not some personal retread to show off Craig's acting chops. Also, I was never a fan of Brozza. My Bond was Lazenby/Connery. Multi-layered is just jargon for plot twists. I saw every plot twist in SF long before they were revealed. It just bored me rigid and left me cold.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 212
    Sorry for the freakish triple post. I'm on my tablet and its done something crazy. Can someone help re-edit it?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619

- mention of filming in London (no big surprise)
    - article calls Bond 24 "Winter-Bond"
    - they will be filming in Austria for 25 days (mostly in Obertillach)
    - filming in Altaussee

The article also mentions something VERY VERY exciting! According Mr Dietrich Mateschitz/Kurier Zeitung, the 300-men filming team will kick-off filming in Austria at the Altaus See (Lake Altaus), before they head to Obertilliach and Sölden.

Mr Dietrich Mateschitz is the owner of this "Jagdhaus" named "Seewiese" (Log cabin villa for hunting purposes) and he also confirmed that they will shoot at this wonderful alpine estate. It is directly located at the shores of Lake Altaus.

Some pictures:
    Altaussee_Jagdhaus_Seewiese-3.jpg
    1024px-Altaussee_Jagdhaus_Seewiese.jpg
    IMG_2721.JPG
    Altaussee_Jagdhaus_Seewiese-2.jpg
    75d27f21f6.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sorry for the freakish triple post. I'm on my tablet and its done something crazy. Can someone help re-edit it?
    All done

• BTW "Der Dachstein" was the famous mountain I was talking about some months ago, it would have been a really spectacular bond location.

But with Obertilliach, Sölden and Altaussee we have some really nice Austrian locations (and maybe some more..) and currently it really looks like the updated the script (from Norway to Austria).

BTW "Der Dachstein" was the famous mountain I was talking about some months ago, it would have been a really spectacular bond location.

But with Obertilliach, Sölden and Altaussee we have some really nice Austrian locations (and maybe some more..) and currently it really looks like the updated the script (from Norway to Austria).

As I said before......you can rule out Norway as location in the script. Austria it is.
    BTW "Der Dachstein" was the famous mountain I was talking about some months ago, it would have been a really spectacular bond location.

As I said before......you can rule out Norway as location in the script. Austria it is.

Or another Alpine country, like Switzerland.

Or another Alpine country, like Switzerland.

That does seem logical yes. Why doubling Austria for Switzerland if both countries are so much alike, at least nature-wise and architecture-wise.
    "In addition a heliport and ice rink is to be construed in Altausee with foil so that 40 production vehicles have space."
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "In addition a heliport and ice rink is to be construed in Altausee with foil so that 40 production vehicles have space."

Okay @JamesPage. Time for another Bond 24-headline ;-).
    Mr Dietrich Mateschitz is the owner of this "Jagdhaus" named "Seewiese" (Log cabin villa for hunting purposes) and he also confirmed that they will shoot at this wonderful alpine estate.
    Shooting will take place there January 5th. According to the article, that is.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Slightly optimistic about this after being hugely letdown by Skyfall.

Still not sure about the rumour of Moneypenny's back in the field story, nor am I enthusiastic about the new Q. But I'm willing to give it a chance.

Obviously Hinx is a working name and not the actual one. Otherwise it's a good bit of casting if true.

Really? Have you read my previous post? For me it had everything I wanted for a.Bond film. What kind of Bond film you're looking for then? Less dark, less multi-layered, more...straight-in-your-face action and humour? For me that's kinda boring. I loved the Brosnan movies as a kid, but I barely rematch them.

I'm looking for a Bond film that doesn't bore me, make me fall asleep or make me keep glancing at my watch wondering when it's going to end. Sadly, Skyfall did all those things for me. But it's ok, you're allowed to like/love Skyfall, just don't expect everyone else to. I like Bond on a mission, a proper mission, like the PTS of SF, not some personal retread to show off Craig's acting chops. Also, I was never a fan of Brozza. My Bond was Lazenby/Connery. Multi-layered is just jargon for plot twists. I saw every plot twist in SF long before they were revealed. It just bored me rigid and left me cold.

Party pooper :( ...jk ;)