SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Samuel001 wrote: »

added @Samuel001 ;-). Nice list of locations no? What are your thoughts?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    @Gustav_Graves According to the rumors they will be shooting in Austria for 25 days, not 45! Also, I have read rumors about Malta being a possible filming location (maybe replacing Morocco?).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That is a helpful list, GG. Thanks.
    It is interesting to see the locations shaping up; some are still being changed it seems.
    @Gustav_Graves According to the rumors they will be shooting in Austria for 25 days, not 45! Also, I have read rumors about Malta being a possible filming location (maybe replacing Morocco?).

I thought they will be filming there for 6 weeks, all those 300 men crew included....
    BOND24-TMINUS-1YEAR.png

:D

:-O Never even realised this Marketto!!! :-bd Itching for more official info! November is almost upon us! Hopefully something for the weekend tomorrow to chew over? Please EON?!!!! :-c
    It's time to rule Chiwetel Ejiofor out. Not only will he start working on "The Secret in Their Eyes" soon, it was announced today that he will be starring in "The Martian" (the next film by Ridley Scott) too.

(What if the main villain will be female after all?)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    It's time to rule Chiwetel Ejiofor out. Not only will he start working on "The Secret in Their Eyes" soon, it was announced today that he will be starring in "The Martian" (the next film by Ridley Scott) too.

See me previous post on page 270 :-). I think the same @PanchitoPistoles:
    I have taken a look at the schedules of following actors (who could play a villain in Bond 24):

--> Daniel Day-Lewis (3 Oscar wins, 2 Golden Globe wins): [AVAILABLE]
    Has absolutely no schedule set out for a new movie since he did "Lincoln". But then again, he is also a stage actor and he only signs up for a movie every now (once every 2/3 years isn't an exception, so Day-Lewis is very very critical). Chance is slim Day-Lewis could be lured into doing a Bond film.

--> Christoph Waltz (2 Oscar wins, 2 Golden Globe wins): [AVAILABLE]
    Also Mr Waltz has no filming obligations anymore. Filming of "Tarzan" wrapped up on October 3rd this month. Waltz plays a villain in that film as well. Also another drama film with Waltz, "Tulip Fever", about the Dutch 17th century tulip craze, is already in post production. So he's free.

--> Denzel Washington (2 Oscar wins, 2 Golden Globe wins): [AVAILABLE]
    Also Denzel takes it easy lately. His latest movie "The Equalizer" is now in cinemas, but he has nothing scheduled for the near future. So also Washington could be signed up to play a villain without too much problems.

--> Idris Elba (1 Golden Globe win, 1 BAFTA-LA win): [TOO BUSY]
    Well, this lovely British actor has a really busy schedule right now. Currently (2014) he is filming: "A Hundred Streets" (release date late 2015), "Bastille Day" (release date summer 2016). He is also doing voice work for the animation films "Finding Dory" (summer 2016 release, sequel to Finding Nemo) and "The Jungle Book" (2015). After that he immediately starts filming on "Alive Alone" (2015) and "Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur" (2016). So my guess is, that Elba can't be signed up for "Bond 24".

--> John Malkovich (2 Oscar nominations, 3 Golden Globe nominations): [AVAILABLE]
    This wunderful character actor knows how to play rather twisted, slightly crazy persons. And there's some good news. Currently his only film project he's filming right now is the drama "Dominion". It is set for an early 2015 release, so he almost finished filming.

--> William Dafoe (2 Oscar nominations, 1 Golden Globe nomination): [AVAILABLE]
    Dafoe played this marvellous psychtic in "The Grand Budapest Hotel". Also check him out in "John Wick" end of October when that film hits cinema. But as of today his schedule is completely free. He did not sign up for any new movie so far, so EON Productions could also call in Dafoe.

--> Chiwetel Ejiofor (1 Oscar nomination, 3 Golden Globe nominations): [NOT TOO BUSY?]
    Yes, he is currently filming "The Secret In Their Eyes" with Julia Roberts. Thanks for the link @Pierce2Daniel ( http://variety.com/2014/film/news/julia-roberts-secret-in-their-eyes-remake-1201298236/ ). But it's only one film, the link is from early September, so he could perhaps already be halfway trhough filming, and after that he's got no schedule at all set up. "Triple Nine" and "Z For Zacharias" are already in post production.

--> Michael Shannon (1 Oscar nomination): [AVAILABLE]
    Great drama actor who knows how to play a psychopath. He knows Sam Mendes, as he already worked with him in "Revolutionary Road, which was his breakthrough. "Take Shelter" was another drama film that got several prize nominations. His biggest blockbuster to date is "Man Of Steel". But as he already finished filming on the sci-fi drama "Midnight Special" he is free for filming.

--> Michael Fassbender (1 Oscar nomination, 2 Golden Globe nominations): [TOO BUSY]
    Currently he is filming "The Light Between Oceans". Then he continues on the production "Assassin's Creed" (summer 2015). Then he starts filming on "Prometheus 2" (due to hit theatres in 2016). And after that he goes on set for "X-Men: Apocalypse" (spring 2016). I think he can't fit in a filming schedule for "Bond 24".

--> Jared Harris (3 Screen Actors Guild Award nominations): [AVAILABLE]
    Mr Harris just wrapped up filming on Guy Ritchie's "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". You can also see him in the remake of "Poltergeist", which comes out in summer 2015. But other than that he has no new plans for filming.

--> Mark Strong (1 BAFTA nomination): [NOT TOO BUSY]
    Mark Strong recently wrapped up filming on another 'competitor' of James Bond, the upcoming spy/action movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service". But he is also filming the upcoming comedy "Grimsby" which is set to premiere on 31st of July 2015. So I'm not very sure how he, like Chiwetel Ejiofor, can fit into a Bond 24 filming schedule.

So from this list only Idris Elba and Michael Fassbender really seem to busy. But EON Productions still have a huge list of actors to choose from for the role of Bond villain. And also keep in mind that, like with Javier Bardem, they basically wrote the script by having Javier Bardem in mind as villain. He even received a Spanish version of "Skyfall"'s screenplay to fully prepare himself.

So I expect Barbara and Michael to tailor the screenplay for a specific actor this time around as well. And then the producers have plentiful time to contract one of the above actors for a leading villain role.

If a female will be the villain, then it'll be a big actress. Keira Knightley or Marion Cotillard. Or maybe even Tilda Swinton (I already mentioned her a couple of times. And she worked already with Lea Seydoux and Ralph Fiennes on "The Grand Budapest Hotel")? Or....what do you think @PanchitoPistoles? IF they really write a true villain....not one that starts of as a good girl...and that is simply treacherous.....like Elektra King......then I think a big female actress could be lured into the franchise. Perhaps we get a Rosa Klebb/Red Grant-esquema combo (Dave Bautista with a big female actress).

I still wouldn't rule him out. Not that I'd mind someone else, in fact I would prefer it. But who else has been rumored? I mean seriously been rumored.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I still wouldn't rule him out. Not that I'd mind someone else, in fact I would prefer it. But who else has been rumored? I mean seriously been rumored.

Bond 24 will be shooting from December 2014 to summer 2015. How would Ejiofor be able to do Bond 24 if he has already signed up to do two other movies in the same time frame?

Bond 24 will be shooting from December 2014 to summer 2015. How would Ejiofor be able to do Bond 24 if he has already signed up to do two other movies in the same time frame?

Perhaps its only one scene.. At the end.. Revealing him to be, I dunno, the head of a major evil organisation looming over this franchise. And then he'll be there to jump right in to Bond 25
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I guess the only one else I know rumored for villain is Mark Strong. Since appeared with Craig during his location scouting. Although as many pointed out, they are both friends.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    I kinda like @PanchitoPistoles remark. It would be quite awesome if we have a Rosa Klebb/Red Grant-esque "villainous duo". I wouldn't be surprised of Craig/Mendes got inspired by FRWL and OHMSS for Bond 24 ;-). So which female villain could team up with Dave Bautista?
    --> Tilda Swinton? As visually striking as Grace Jones back in 1985. Already worked with Lea Seydoux and Ralph Fiennes on "The Grand Budapest Hotel".
    --> Marion Cotillard? Muse of director Christopher Nolan. Played the Elektra King-esque villain in "The Dark Knight Rises".
    --> Keira Knightley? Now cast as the wife of Jack Ryan in the American spy franchise "Jack Ryan". "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" was a moderate success.
    --> Meryl Streep? Famed character actress. Doesn't shy away of appearing in a commercial blockbuster ("The Devil Wears Prada"). Also terrific in "Doubt".
    --> Rachel Weisz? Girlfriend of Daniel Craig. Also doesn't shy away for spy movies ("The Bourne Legacy") and played a terrific villain in "Oz The Great And The Powerful".
    --> Helen Mirren? Already played a British female spy in the new "Red"-franchise, together with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and John Malkovich.

Also, don't underestimate the "brand recognition" of director Sam Mendes. I think most of the above actresses haven't worked with Mendes yet, and Hollywood loves Mendes. Like with Javier Bardem, it could help in casting such an actress. And, like with Javier Bardem, the screenplay could be written with in mind a certain actress....like the screenplay is 'molded' around a certain actor/actress.

I....I really love @PanchitoPistoles idea!
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Perhaps its only one scene.. At the end.. Revealing him to be, I dunno, the head of a major evil organisation looming over this franchise. And then he'll be there to jump right in to Bond 25

Gosh I sure hope not! Ejiofor as Blofeld would be a terrible miscast.
    Great update @JamesPage http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20141023-austrian-locations-altaussee-added?t=&s=&id=03778 . You might want to mention that, although the Dachstein Glacier near Dachstein is now ruled out for Bond 24 location, but the Rettenbachferner Glacier near Sölden is still in consideration. Also, the Rettenbachferner Glacier is slightly more stunning and located at way higher altitutude. Either way, Sam Mendes obviously needs a glacier and ski slopes :-P.
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    I guess the only one else I know rumored for villain is Mark Strong. Since appeared with Craig during his location scouting. Although as many pointed out, they are both friends.

Not overly enthusiastic about the possibility, but would rather see him than Ejiofor.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Have a look at where some of the scenes for Bond 24 may be filmed.
    Ski World Cup action at the Rettenbachferner this weekend, for the opening of the 2014/15 season.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I enjoyed Mark Strong as the villain in Kick-Ass. But, in Bond it would be more interesting to see him in a different role.
    IF and that is a big if Mark Strong is cast in Bond 24 it is likely he will play a villain. If he's a good friend of Craig all the better: that would create an interesting chemistry between the two.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Have a look at where some of the scenes for Bond 24 may be filmed.
    Ski World Cup action at the Rettenbachferner this weekend, for the opening of the 2014/15 season.

Which I mentioned before. Absolutely amazing ski slopes there :-). When Austria was putting forward Augsburg as host city for the 2014 winter Olympics, they wanted to do the alpine skiing events in Sölden, off course on the Rettenbachferner slopes.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I really hope Strong isn't the villain. It reeks of lazy casting to me.
    He wouldn't be my first choice, but they have typecast before and not always to bad effect. And if he's a friend of Craig, that could be an asset and could go beyond typecast.

I was talking about Quantum, not necessarily Blofeld.
    Uhm......did someone actually read my previous posts? And that IF Blofeld returns, they might feature him solely as a cameo in Bond 24? Hence....worries about casting Blofeld are kind of out of place and too early?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    I kinda like @PanchitoPistoles remark. It would be quite awesome if we have a Rosa Klebb/Red Grant-esque "villainous duo". I wouldn't be surprised of Craig/Mendes got inspired by FRWL and OHMSS for Bond 24 ;-). So which female villain could team up with Dave Bautista?
    --> Tilda Swinton? As visually striking as Grace Jones back in 1985. Already worked with Lea Seydoux and Ralph Fiennes on "The Grand Budapest Hotel".
    --> Marion Cotillard? Muse of director Christopher Nolan. Played the Elektra King-esque villain in "The Dark Knight Rises".
    --> Keira Knightley? Now cast as the wife of Jack Ryan in the American spy franchise "Jack Ryan". "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" was a moderate success.
    --> Meryl Streep? Famed character actress. Doesn't shy away of appearing in a commercial blockbuster ("The Devil Wears Prada"). Also terrific in "Doubt".
    --> Rachel Weisz? Girlfriend of Daniel Craig. Also doesn't shy away for spy movies ("The Bourne Legacy") and played a terrific villain in "Oz The Great And The Powerful".
    --> Helen Mirren? Already played a British female spy in the new "Red"-franchise, together with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and John Malkovich.

Also, don't underestimate the "brand recognition" of director Sam Mendes. I think most of the above actresses haven't worked with Mendes yet, and Hollywood loves Mendes. Like with Javier Bardem, it could help in casting such an actress. And, like with Javier Bardem, the screenplay could be written with in mind a certain actress....like the screenplay is 'molded' around a certain actor/actress.

Isn't it possible that Lea Seydoux will be a villain that could be part of the henchman/villainess dynamic even if the main villain is male?

I was talking about Quantum, not necessarily Blofeld.

All the same, he looks very young and youthful to be the leader of such an organization. I am sure he is a great actor, but I cannot picture him ordering around Mr White or Dominic Greene. Or Guy Haines for that matter. Anyway, there are less and less chances that he will play a role now, although I wouldn't completely eliminate it until we hear some serious rumours about someone else. I don't think we can take the rumors about Mark Strong nearly as seriously.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 14,867
    AdaShelby wrote: »

Isn't it possible that Lea Seydoux will be a villain that could be part of the henchman/villainess dynamic even if the main villain is male?

Possible but unlikely, if the rumours about the big male henchman villain are true. She could play a Fiona Volpe type of character, but the movies when there was a sexy henchwoman as Bond girl never had strong or very important "physical" henchmen. In TB, Bond fights mano a mano Emilio Largo, the main antagonist, in YOLT Hans is a non entity, in in GE Bond goes against Trevelyan. You could even count AVTAK in the mix. In TWINE Elektra is meant to be the main villain, thus Renard is the henchman (a stupid classification by Michael Apted, but there you go), in FRWL the villainess is repulsive and it could be argued that Grant is the main antagonist, even though he is the henchman.

My hypothesis, but it is entirely speculative: Léa Seydoux might play a Janet Leigh/Marion Crane type of character: important at the first third of the movie, dies in dramatic circumstances and this trigger the development of the plot. I believe Mendes is a Hitchcock fan, so I wouldn't be surprised if something of the sort was happening.
    I find it baffling that there haven't been any rumors about the main villain and the main Bond girl for months. I think it's safe to say that they haven't screentested a lot of actors and actresses for these roles like they did in the case of the secondary Bond girl.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Me too :-? ....and what if CE backed out due to script changes??? That fear hit me. I do trust Mendes expertise but thought popped in my head.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 14,867
    I find it baffling that there haven't been any rumors about the main villain and the main Bond girl for months. I think it's safe to say that they haven't screentested a lot of actors and actresses for these roles like they did in the case of the secondary Bond girl.

Maybe Léa Seydoux is the main Bond girl? In any case, I think she is more important than the usual minor Bond girl. For the villain, maybe they are keeping their card close to their chest? They have someone in mind and they want it to come up as a surprise. My bet: he will be semi-famous without being a big star, a la Javier Bardem.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Me too :-? ....and what if CE backed out due to script changes??? That fear hit me. I do trust Mendes expertise but thought popped in my head.

If that was the case, then I wouldn't mind. But who would say no to a Bond movie? Okay, unless it is DAD. Maybe they decided after script rewrites that Ejiofor was not right for the role?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    AdaShelby wrote: »

Possible but unlikely, if the rumours about the big male henchman villain are true. She could play a Fiona Volpe type of character, but the movies when there was a sexy henchwoman as Bond girl never had strong or very important "physical" henchmen. In TB, Bond fights mano a mano Emilio Largo, the main antagonist, in YOLT Hans is a non entity, in in GE Bond goes against Trevelyan. You could even count AVTAK in the mix. In TWINE Elektra is meant to be the main villain, thus Renard is the henchman (a stupid classification by Michael Apted, but there you go), in FRWL the villainess is repulsive and it could be argued that Grant is the main antagonist, even though he is the henchman.

My hypothesis, but it is entirely speculative: Léa Seydoux might play a Janet Leigh/Marion Crane type of character: important at the first third of the movie, dies in dramatic circumstances and this trigger the development of the plot. I believe Mendes is a Hitchcock fan, so I wouldn't be surprised if something of the sort was happening.

I see what you're saying and I agree with your Hitchcock idea, but that idea could also work if Lea Seydux played a Helga Brandt type character. A henchwoman who could have just fallen for Bond and died because of it, but she actually wanted to kill Bond for her own safety and fails, leading to her dramatic death.

But again a character's development and involvement in the film doesn't have to be based on old characters who could be considered similar, especially since henchwomen aren't exactly a Bond trademark.