Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh heavens, I hope this news about Malone isn't true. Carrie Kelley in the film? Yikes...
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Miller doesn't like batman movies very much.

MILLER: When people come out with movies about characters I’ve worked on, I always hate them. I have my own ideas about what the characters are like. I mean, I can’t watch a Batman movie. I’ve seen pieces of them, but I generally think, No, that’s not him. And I walk out of the theater before it’s over.
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=106297#i6KMyew01Lld0B0Q.99

That's priceless. Guess what, Frank? THIS isn't Batman either!

all-star-batman-robin-issue-02-page-09-detail-2006.jpg

All-Star+Batman+%2526+Robin+%2528Shazam%2526Wezz-DCP%2529++02-14-15.jpg

b3f36920a386c8a7cab7acea3f2d5bf3.jpgr
    I love The Dark Knight Returns. Its probably my favorite comic book . But I think Frank Millers perception on Batman, and how every story should have a Batman like how he envisioned is a little ridiculous.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A live action version of Carry Kelly should be interesting. I just hope Bruno doesn't show up to annoy Superman. =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love The Dark Knight Returns. Its probably my favorite comic book . But I think Frank Millers perception on Batman, and how every story should have a Batman like how he envisioned is a little ridiculous.

I love it too, but that was long before Frank became a talentless hack with no perception of who Batman truly is. My friend and I have tried for years to decipher just what the hell went wrong with him post TDKR and Year One. Our joint guess? He must've gotten a lobotomy around the tail end of the 90s.

I love it too, but that was long before Frank became a talentless hack with no perception of who Batman truly is. My friend and I have tried for years to decipher just what the hell went wrong with him post TDKR and Year One. Our joint guess? He must've gotten a lobotomy around the tail end of the 90s.

Haha that would explain everything .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So is Kelley not a popular character amongst Batfans?
    Think Carrie Kelly is a good Robin and quite happy to see her in a movie, being honest here nothing can be worse than Chris O'Donnel.
    :))

I can only speak for myself. While I love TDKR (it's my bible, basically), Carrie doesn't do that much for me to be honest. I much prefer when Batman works alone, as I feel it makes more sense for who his character is. In addition, Kelley is thirteen in the comic and Jena is nearing age 30, a massive gap. How is this going to work, exactly? If she's playing a grown up Carrie I'm even more disinterested. I just don't think the idea would work with the universe Snyder and co. are trying to create. I've got my fingers crossed that this is all smoke and mirrors.
  • there is one element missing she looks like an ivy to me, and it maybe smoke and mirrors as we don't have a joker in the pack or even gordon's replacement maybe?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I can only speak for myself. While I love TDKR (it's my bible, basically), Carrie doesn't do that much for me to be honest. I much prefer when Batman works alone, as I feel it makes more sense for who his character is. In addition, Kelley is thirteen in the comic and Jena is nearing age 30, a massive gap. How is this going to work, exactly? If she's playing a grown up Carrie I'm even more disinterested. I just don't think the idea would work with the universe Snyder and co. are trying to create. I've got my fingers crossed that this is all smoke and mirrors.

Ah, right. I was starting to think that Kelley might be the equivalent of Bond's Christmas Jones or Jinx.
    lunnchoop wrote: »
    there is one element missing she looks like an ivy to me, and it maybe smoke and mirrors as we don't have a joker in the pack or even gordon's replacement maybe?

Jena has recently dyed her hair red, so I wouldn't rule out Poison Ivy. But since the character is yet to be announced, i'm holding out for Harley Quinn.

I agree .
    BATMAN v SUPERMAN: More Possible Details Regarding Lex Luthor's Party
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=109516#xGE0uiK3rItTvgWG.99
  • At first, it seemed to me like they were cramming so much into this one film it was going to simply tip over and sink. But now, with the (IMHO) rather brilliant, outside-the-box casting of Jena Malone as a female Robin, I think this project has firmly entered "so crazy it just might work territory." Jena Malone can pull off that tomboyish look and could easily pass for a teenager by Hollywood standards if some worry age is a factor. And perhaps most importantly, she can act. Hoping this all comes together under Snyder, who's proven himself very hit-or-miss.
    If they are doing Carrie Kelley, to me that makes it all but certain that they are going with a dead Jason Todd backstory for this Batman. It all just makes too much sense.

Why go with an older Batman if you're not going to have a rich backstory for him?
    I can't wait to see some of the flashback scenes of Batman closer to his prime. Supposedly Affleck has been spotted with jet black hair on set at times, so maybe there will be some scenes that chronicle his earlier Bat career.
    At first, it seemed to me like they were cramming so much into this one film it was going to simply tip over and sink. But now, with the (IMHO) rather brilliant, outside-the-box casting of Jena Malone as a female Robin, I think this project has firmly entered "so crazy it just might work territory." Jena Malone can pull off that tomboyish look and could easily pass for a teenager by Hollywood standards if some worry age is a factor. And perhaps most importantly, she can act. Hoping this all comes together under Snyder, who's proven himself very hit-or-miss.

You are preaching to the choir, but don't stop. =D>
    I am admittedly disappointed that we won't see a solo adventure for Superman until 2020, but I also don't know what the filmmakers have planned for the character until that time, so I may be pleasantly surprised by how they use him. I just hope he gets a lot of screentime and gets fleshed out the way he deserves, as he was the springboard for this DC cinematic universe in the first place.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He'll likely be the main lead in both parts of Justice League.
    BATMAN v SUPERMAN Teaser Trailer Is Supposedly Ready; Focuses On Batman

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=109850
    Probably be attached to the third Hobbit film, its early for a teaser considering when the film is set for release.
    Probably be attached to the third Hobbit film, its early for a teaser considering when the film is set for release.

I can't wait :(

Suits me! Forgive the pun! >-)
    AWESOME i am hoping we hear Ben's batman voice and I am hoping it doesnt suck
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Risico007 wrote: »
    AWESOME i am hoping we hear Ben's batman voice and I am hoping it doesnt suck

What kind of voice are you hoping for? Keaton? Bale? Something from one of the animated movies?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Raspy- but not forced. He should disguise the voice, since Bruce Wayne is so well known. Bale had the right idea, but took it way, way too far. Subtly is the key here. The comics have openly stated that Batman 'sounds like Clint Eastwood' but they should be careful as to not make a parody.

So I guess I'm hoping for something along the lines of Keaton.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm hoping for something along the lines of Kevin Conroy.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Raspy- but not forced. He should disguise the voice, since Bruce Wayne is so well known. Bale had the right idea, but took it way, way too far. Subtly is the key here. The comics have openly stated that Batman 'sounds like Clint Eastwood' but they should be careful as to not make a parody.

So I guess I'm hoping for something along the lines of Keaton.

I'd lean more towards Keaton too but I'd like Affleck to toughen it up a little. I guess just a mix of Keaton and Bale is what I'd like.

As far as the voice being a disguise, I don't remember where I read it but someone brought up a good point. Considering how a pair of glasses is going to be an sufficient disguise for Superman:

ClarkKent_Reporter.jpg

I would imagine Batman's voice won't be an issue either.

Me too, though I don't want a teaser to hype me up then have to wait 18 months

[-(

[-(

I think it'll be worth it. I just want to see Ben in the full suit beating the criminal underworld of Gotham senseless.

[-(

I think it'll be worth it. I just want to see Ben in the full suit beating the criminal underworld of Gotham senseless.

You make a very good point! I suspect DC don't want to be forgotten whilst Marvel are riding there current wave. The battle is certainly on now between DC and Marvel, its all about exposure.