SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited August 2014 Posts: 4,314
    In one scene where Bond drives the motorcycle towards the camera on the roofs, Craigs face is clearly photoshopped over the stuntman's face. It is rather short and not visible in the stills, but looks weird in animation in a way. I think it is the lighting of his face that gives it away.
    With the audience I watched Skyfall this scene got one of the very few laughters.
    robbie-maddison-who-holds-the-world-record-for-longest-motorcycle-jump-322-feet-doubles-for-daniel-craig.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Looks more like George Bush.. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 14,037
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Just don't mention how much Craig looks like Putin :)) ....oops, too late!
    Maybe the stunt team allowed themselves a joke and painted a Bush mask because Craig looks like Putin?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Lol ..I always thought bad guy Renard looked like Putin.
    QBranch wrote: »

I guess, someone had to say it for once.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    The 'Craig looks like Putin' joke is old, but it's been doing the rounds again in one of the other threads- that's the only reason why I mentioned it, tongue-in-cheek, of course.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    The 'Craig looks like Putin' joke is old, but it's been doing the rounds again in one of the other threads- that's the only reason why I mentioned it, tongue-in-cheek, of course.

It might be a haters joke but there is nevertheless some truth in it (at least in some takes and photographs )
    He would be the first choice for a Putin bio-pic.
  • zebrafish wrote: »
    In one scene where Bond drives the motorcycle towards the camera on the roofs, Craigs face is clearly photoshopped over the stuntman's face. It is rather short and not visible in the stills, but looks weird in animation in a way. I think it is the lighting of his face that gives it away.

The silhouette fighting was optimal CG face replacement, but it's hard to do it again now :)

• Oh and since we are on the motorcycle scene, is it me or does DC need to work on his pursuit faces a bit better, this scene cracked me up because of his constipated faces chasing Patrice lol
    Oh and since we are on the motorcycle scene, is it me or does DC need to work on his pursuit faces a bit better, this scene cracked me up because of his constipated faces chasing Patrice lol
    He was on a motorbike chasing over rooftops. What did you want him to do, whistle a tune like Alan Partridge?

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Practice the face, Daniel! Otherwise "constipation face" could go viral, like "pain face" for Brosnan. Yuk.

Just joshing. I really did not notice this during the film.
  • @boldfinger Nope... The James Bond tune. Now that would have been the most iconic scene. :)
  • *Maybe* the VFX guys asked for a neutral face as they yet can't do something lively for the CG face replacement (even in the silhouette fighting the CG face look very stiff during the few frames) so that the VFX could blend with the live action ? Although the movie makers don't really listen to the VFX guys anyway on such topics, so I don't think that's really the answer !
    There was a CG face in the silhouette fight?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I remember a stunt person did that fight, though it was in silhouette.
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    When the weapon fires in the long continuous shot, you can see the "CG Craig face" on the stuntman's face, it lasts only a few frames. In the theater, it's ok, it's even optimal face replacement because you've got nothing before and after to compare, you've got not much motion to handle, etc, but if you replay it slowly at home, you notice once again the CG face is liveless.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    boldfinger wrote: »
    When the weapon fires in the long continuous shot, you can see the "CG Craig face" on the stuntman's face, it lasts only a few frames. In the theater, it's ok, it's even optimal face replacement because you've got nothing before and after to compare, you've got not much motion to handle, etc, but if you replay it slowly at home, you notice once again the CG face is liveless.

tumblr_mn5is2EaUr1qc2maxo1_1280.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Why was this even necessary?

Couldn't Craig film what is by far one of the simplest choreographed fist fights in all his 3 Bond movies? It's not like they were firing off real guns.
    boldfinger wrote: »

I have to that admit this never ever occurred to me. I had assumed they had filmed this scene back in London at the studios. You have got sharp eyes. Wow! Maybe you should go and find yourself a job in the spy business ;)
    http://www.meinbezirk.at/obertilliach/chronik/kommt-james-bond-zum-agentenshowdown-nach-obertilliach-d1051905.html

Just says, that Obertillach in Austria MIGHT be the place, they want to go and that DC will be there in January for 3 days. If that is all, it will only be a mini scene.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for info. :)
    Germanlady wrote: »
    http://www.meinbezirk.at/obertilliach/chronik/kommt-james-bond-zum-agentenshowdown-nach-obertilliach-d1051905.html

Just says, that Obertillach in Austria MIGHT be the place, they want to go and that DC will be there in January for 3 days. If that is all, it will only be a mini scene.

Perhaps its just part of the Austrian sequence. Time will tell.
    Germanlady wrote: »

not nessasarily, it could be just 3 days worth of close ups of Craig doing stuff on skis, the rest being done by stunt men.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Please never believe anything that The Sun says. Ever.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Weren't they the first to break both Gemma Arteton and Naomi Harris being Bond girls?
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 5,745
    In my mind skiing = tourism, so if Craig is up on skiis won't we get a pretty good idea of that?