Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• RC7RC7
    A lot of celebrity deaths pass me by, not because I don't feel sympathy, but because they don't honestly have much of an impact on me. This is tragic in the true sense of the word. I feel quite ill just thinking about it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Remembering our founder Ian Lancaster Fleming on the 50th Anniversary of his death in the early hours of 12th August 1964. But for whom etc.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2014 Posts: 4,446
    RIP

Hook
    Mrs Doubtfire
    Jumanji
    One Hour Photo
    Bicentennial Man

Aladdin
    Night At The Museum
    Night At The Museum 2

Robots
    Happy Feet
    What Dreams May Come
    Artificial Intelligence: AI
    Happy Feet 2
    Good Will Hunting

mrs-doubtfire1.jpg

RIP :((

Dutch news about his death..

Source: Rtlnieuws.nl
    Robin Williams is overleden. De acteur, die speelde in films als Good Will Hunting en Mrs. Doubtfire, is 63 jaar oud geworden.

Williams heeft waarschijnlijk zelfmoord gepleegd door verstikking, laat de politie van Marin County weten. Hij leed aan zware depressies en worstelde al langer met een drankverslaving. De acteur zou afgelopen maand nog zijn opgenomen in een afkickkliniek.

Grappigste man ter wereld
    In 1997 werd Williams door weekblad Entertainment Weekly 'de grappigste man ter wereld' genoemd. Hij speelde in talloze films. Voor zijn rol in Good Will Hunting (1997) won hij een Oscar voor de beste mannelijke bijrol. Ook verdiende hij Oscarnominaties voor zijn optredens in The Fisher King (1991), Dead Poets Society (1989) en Good Morning, Vietnam (1987).

De acteur laat twee zoons en een dochter van tussen de 21 en 31 jaar oud achter.
    RTL Nieuws
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    M_Balje wrote: »
    What Dreams May Come
    I'm crying just thinking about watching this again now...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Very sad news regarding the apparent suicide of actor and comedian Robin Williams yesterday. Condolences to his family, friends and millions of fans around the globe.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    What Dreams May Come
    I'm crying just thinking about watching this again now...
    I know, right. I've been getting around to watching this one again for a while now. Incredible film- my mum put me onto this film because she had the novel :)>-
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    RIP Robin Williams. Thank you for your brilliant comedy over the years.
    It was really a sad thing to come home from work today only to be greeted with this news. I loved watching his films growing up (Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, and so on) and then I really enjoyed discovering his stand up comedy when I got older. He's been making me laugh for close to 3 decades now. While it may sound somewhat cliche to say, but this one really hurts.

R.I.P Robin
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm reading the news here first ... and I am completely stunned.
    So shocked. And deeply sad.

First thing I thought of was not even his fine acting or comedy genius - the very first thing I thought of was how he went to Christopher Reeve in the hospital immediately after his paralyzing accident and offered his help in every way. I remember reading that Robin told him he shouldn't worry about his family or funds or anything; he would take care of things for him. Just completely a great, great friend.

I am torn up that he was depressed enough to take his life. That's all I can think of to say right at this moment.

RIP dear wonderful, unique, and beloved Robin Williams.
    So so sad to hear about Robin William's such a great actor and comedian RIP
    R.I.P. Robin Williams. Thank you for leaving behind such a wonderful legacy of films that include some of my all-time favorites - Hook, Aladdin, and Mrs. Doubtfire. You will be missed so much by all your family, friends, and fans.
    Adieu, Monsieur Williams. I just learned of his passing. Not a good way to start the day, really. A great loss for the world.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wow...tragic news, very unexpected. Rest in peace Robin, you will never be forgotten. I can't find the words...
    R.I.P. Mork
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2014 Posts: 4,043
    Utterly shocked at the death of an acting great, Robin Williams yes he will be remembered for his comedy and rightly so but 2 of my favourite of his will be his superb performance in Christopher Nolan's remake of Insomnia, where he went toe to toe with Al Pacino and his creepy Sy from Mark Romanek's under appreciated psychological thriller One Hour Photo. He could make us laugh but all so could creep us out, he was an all round performer. R.I.P Robin Williams
    Very sad indeed. Why is it I'm always more touched when a comic actor passes away ?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    30 new additions to this thread says it all. Beloved by many, never ceases to make you smile, RIP Robin Williams.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    The 50th anniversary of Ian Fleming's death today is now overshadowed by this tragically sad news.

Robin Williams brought joy and laughter to millions, which makes it so much sadder that he was defeated by his own inner demons. A huge loss.
    Absolutely stunned at the news of one of the great comedians of his or any other generation has sadly passed.

I watched Insomnia just last week and he proved that he could be as versatile with drama as he could with comedy.

A true great. May he rest in peace.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    He was a comedy icon in my youth and I like some of his more recent serious roles.

This news hurts.

R.I.P.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Very shocking and saddening news of the loss of a great actor. 63 is no age at all.

RIP.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    So sad to hear this news RIP.
  • In a world that's clearly lost its sense of humour, now is a terrible time to find ourselves without Robin Williams.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,661
    If there's an afterlife I'm sure Robin Williams is telling God a few jokes! Heaven just got funnier.

RIP Robin Williams.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I've seen people who barely knows their last name send their condolences and are genuinely torn up. That just prov
    Taking your own life always tells a story of desperation, which makes it even more sad. What i always understand and loathe at the same time is, that once they are dead, all of a sudden, they get all the attention and all the "Oh, I feel so bad", but maybe those people, who actually knew him could have done something, when he was still alive.

• edited August 2014 Posts: 2,107
    Many comedians seem to actually be very depressed and torn up people. Sad to hear Robin Williams was one of them.

Rest In Peace
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I hate linking to their site, but at the bottom of the page, here's a short video of Pierce Brosnan talking about the passing of Robin and what it was like working with him on 'Mrs. Doubtfire':

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-commits-suicide/
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,817
    Very sad news. I love his performances on Awakenings, Good Will Hunting and Hook. This year has been full of deaths, I can't believe it...
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 503

Robin Williams and Craig Ferguson , dancing to Brittney Spears.