Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Happy MI6 Birthday/Anniversary/whateverthehellit'scalledthesedays, @MayDayVicenzo! We very much look forward to getting to know you more whilst discussing Bond and causing all kinds of general chaos together. <:-P
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Why thank you all!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Congratulations, @MayDayDiVicenzo! It's crazy how time flies by. I joined on this month three years ago. I'm not sure about the exact date, but time definitely does fly!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Congratulations, @MayDayDiVicenzo! It's crazy how time flies by. I joined on this month three years ago. I'm not sure about the exact date, but time definitely does fly!

My third anniversary will be soon or has already passed as well. Crazy.

My third anniversary will be soon or has already passed as well. Crazy.

The world will never know the exact date! Either way, congratulations to you as well, my friend. Feels like just yesterday.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,905
    Congratulations @MayDayVicenzo. 1st anniversary is paper, I believe. So here's your gift:

White-paper-008.jpg

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,864
    Congratulations on your first year on the community, @MayDayDiVicenzo!
    Congratulations @MayDayVicenzo. 1st anniversary is paper, I believe. So here's your gift:

White-paper-008.jpg

Phew, I thought all that was the mod team's paperwork. #:-S

White-paper-008.jpg

I believe it's the Major's complaint letters to EON regarding DC. ;-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 14,037
    It must be, because the top of the stack is not visible ;)

White-paper-008.jpg

He knows EON probably just bin those letters upon arrival to their offices, right? What a tree killer...

I'd like to think they are either his love letters addressed to Timothy Dalton or a 5,000 page screenplay for his epic Bond adventure starring the Daltonator himself in his third Bond film.
    a 5,000 page screenplay for his epic Bond adventure starring the Daltonator himself in his third Bond film.
    Oh yes, I read about that 720-hour long film in the news the other day. Can't wait.
    QBranch wrote: »
    a 5,000 page screenplay for his epic Bond adventure starring the Daltonator himself in his third Bond film.
    Oh yes, I read about that 720-hour long film in the news the other day. Can't wait.

Yep, that's his big project. I just don't have the heart to tell him that the cargo plane fight scene (his TLD homage), bike chase down the Great Wall of China, Parliament shoot-out, and dog-fight over the Thames that all appear in his script aren't exactly in his budget, because it's like walking up to a kid building a castle with Legos and knocking it over.
    And I'm not too sure having Dalton play Bond, the villain AND the Bond girl is entirely feasible...
    And I'm not too sure having Dalton play Bond, the villain AND the Bond girl is entirely feasible...
    Exactly. Dalton is no Eddie Murphy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MayDay, great to have you here. You too, OBrady.
    Thanks. Thanks a lot.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Sorry, great to have you here as well. And congratulations on your 2 and 2/3 year anniversary.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,905

White-paper-008.jpg

He knows EON probably just bin those letters upon arrival to their offices, right? What a tree killer...

I'd like to think they are either his love letters addressed to Timothy Dalton or a 5,000 page screenplay for his epic Bond adventure starring the Daltonator himself in his third Bond film.

Those are my complaint letters to EON, I must've got them mixed up with @MayDayVicenzo's anniversary gift. As for my love letters to Dalton, come on now , you all know me better than that.... they take up enough room to fill 3 large aircraft hangers.
    Did you receive a restraining order yet?
    Sorry, great to have you here as well.
    Cheers. It's also great to have you hear.
    And congratulations on your 2 and 2/3 year anniversary.
    It's only a number. And a fraction.
    Did you receive a restraining order yet?

It must have been lost in the post.
    You know the fraction. You know the username. @Queuebranch, ladies and gentlemen. Warming up for his real anniversary.
    MayDay, great to have you here. You too, OBrady.

AND Creasy! Where have your manners gone, @Thunderfinger? I thought you had your finger on the pulse.
    Happy MI6 Anniversary, @0Brady and @Creasy! Here's to another year...

...of putting up with me! \:D/

:-<
    Thank you, all! Happy anniversary to everyone else I've missed, too. These past three years have flown by, but they've been very special to me.
    Happy anniversary to @0Brady and @Creasy indeed!
    @Creasy, I think we get gold bullets with our names engraved on them for our third anniversary at Mi6, but I haven't looked into it too much. You'd think there'd be a catalogue or directory for these kinds of things, but alas, nothing.

I know last year we got those crummy algerian love-knots (why would we want necklaces??), so this is a big, big step up. The fifth anniversary will be the biggie. @Dimi has been bragging for years about the massive laser (table and 00 agent sold separately) that he got for his big 005, so that'll be super fun. Only two more years of tolerating having intelligent and satisfying discussions with QBranch to go.
    I would like to think so. I just need to know where I send my address to so I can have that bullet sent to me...preferably not sent out of the delivering end of a golden gun's barrel, though.
    I would like to think so. I just need to know where I send my address to so I can have that bullet sent to me...preferably not sent out of the delivering end of a golden gun's barrel, though.

The e-mail I received just days ago stipulated that in order to obtain our golden bullets we must each travel to Beirut, find one dancer each with a bullet piercing in their navel, seduce them once we are in their dressing room, and suck it from their abdomen. The big fight scene following that is optional, since the men sent to pummel us are going to be insured for any damages we may do to them, and any and all expenses including the plane ticket to Beirut are going to be covered by MI6C. Pretty good deal, I'd say. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely having the fight included, if only for the story.

When he had to go get his bullet @MajorDSmythe was so mesmerized by the dancer he forgot all about his golden mission, and was shocked when some thugs came in and proceeded to beat the snot out of him. He still calls the dancer "the one that got away," (besides Timothy Dalton, of course) and he had to be sent the bullet by mail after he got out of the hospital weeks afterwards. :))