It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

0013 wrote:

Football isn't about deserving scores, is about playing and winning. To be defensive is a legitimate strategy of playing football as valid as been offensive.

Not my point, I said the Dutch deserved the win, when talking tactics I leave that to van Gaal is has proven he is better than anybody so far. The Dutch actually showed that hey were aiming for the win. CR was waiting for a lucky shot that never happened as there were far too few attempts.

Costa Rica played a nice game but never showed the skills to win this tournament. The four remaining teams would all have bested CR in a football match. Which is no discredit, CR did well and so did Colombia.
    Germany coach Joachim Low has called on the referee for Tuesday's semi-final to “clamp down” on Brazil’s "brutal" fouls.

Maybe he should "clamp down" on picking his nose and eating it, and shaking hands with ronaldo after the game after doing it. :-))
    I am going to go out on a limb and predict a Germany V Holland final?!!! What does everyone else think?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am rather hoping for a Germany v. Holland final and will be rooting that way. Probable? Likely? Fat chance? I am unsure; but I'll have fun watching it all.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I am going to go out on a limb and predict a Germany V Holland final?!!! What does everyone else think?

I think the same, especially now Germany are ahead.

• edited July 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Big ask for Brazil, simply as its tough to see where the goals will come from.

All too easy, 2 down now Brazil got no chance.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Brazil won't come back from this.

Oh dear. 3-0!
    Big ask for Brazil, simply as its tough to see where the goals will come from.

Especially now, congratulations to Miroslav Klose, one of the all time greats of world football has got a record he has thoroughly deserved. And Brazil are getting the thrashing they deserve. As I'm writing this it has just become 3-0, wow, Brazil are getting absolutely abused. It's brilliant because this has exposed them completely.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    0-4 that's bad en way to fast.
    Total destruction, Brazil i thought would lose oh my god four nil. Crikey!

Total capitulation!
    4-0! What the hell?

Brazil have crumbled.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What a joke. Germany to win please!
    Well, I'm very happy at this moment. All competition I've been calling for Brazil to get exposed, and Germany have done just that. Now the media can stop overrating this crappy Brazil team.
    Still, at least we've seen some goals finally!

Even the ref can't turn this one around for Brazil. ;-)
    5!!!
    Five star performance, this is crazy i would hide under the bench if i was Scolari!

This could be a cricket score, history in the making this game.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Can they get to the magic number seven? Only two more, you know!

Four goals in 6 minutes.
    This is a blessing for Germany, as they can probably go at it for the rest of the half, perhaps score 2 more and then rest for the second half.
    The worst Brazilian team in history giving a performance so bad, they look worse than England.
    Sammm04 wrote:
    This is a blessing for Germany, as they can probably go at it for the rest of the half, perhaps score 2 more and then rest for the second half.

Without a doubt, Brazil given up some time ago. Germany will be pretty fresh for final. This raises an interesting question as to what is the overall quality in this tournament, been plenty of goals at stages though defending has been poor. On reflection there are alot of teams (Historically big football nations) at a end of era or in transition.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,782
    the sc*m deserved what they get. the biggest football cheats in history. what the sc*m did in the quarter finals was disgusting and sc*m ridden sc*m.

System Center Operations Manager

Mod edit: forgotmyusername has forgotten more that just his username. Good manners, for example. Also, as of late forgotmyusername has forgotten that we're all smart enough to read the implications of his word plays. Well, he's reached his limit.

The commentator made a good point, this team is probably one of the worst teams to make a world cup semi final, let alone of the worst Brazilian teams. I would even go as far to say the only reason they made it out of the group stage is the home advantage.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,415
    0,,16372965_404,00.jpg
    Sunday 13 July 2014 - 21.00 / 09.00 PM Dutch time..
  • M_Balje wrote:
    0,,16372965_404,00.jpg
    Sunday 13 July 2014 - 21.00 / 09.00 PM Dutch time..

beavis and butthead.

Oh heavens, this is a shock. Who would have though Brazil would totally crumble? They have no heart, and Brazil no matter what, is usually with a heart.

So stunning. I think Germany may well make history with the highest scoring WC game. I wanted Germany to win, but this is shocking.

(P.S. The word is "scum" with a "u" and it is not a swear word; you can just type it the whole word if you want to.)
  • If Shearer says clinical again I swear I'm going to have a big tutty
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 479
    I think we can all agree that Colombia would have done a lot better. It's a shame that the referee stole that game from them.
    Oh, it's the Dutchness coming out in your writing; okay. ;)

I smiled at this comment on BBC live text a few minutes ago:

Brazil 0-5 Germany
    Posted at 40 mins
    There were just 179 seconds between Germany's second and fourth goals. If this was a computer game Brazil would have turned off and thrown the control pad across the room.
    Unfortunately for 201 million Brazilians it's very, very real...
    Brazil have been well and truly...

10421268_10152446510240141_2245935247832360651_n.jpg
  • Sammm04 wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    The commentator made a good point, this team is probably one of the worst teams to make a world cup semi final, let alone of the worst Brazilian teams. I would even go as far to say the only reason they made it out of the group stage is the home advantage.

and the fact they are cheating scom.

They have had a bit of help along the way, but not fully fixed. That is another factor in their lengthy run though.

agree about the fix - they would have riots....it all stemmed from the ref from japan.

i wonder what deal is being done now to let the germans win but by one or two?

anyone want to have a bet - the scom will have it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.