James Bond story - add one sentence

Comments

QBranch wrote:
    There's an old thread like this, but I cannot find it. I wanted to contribute to it, but it had fizzled out. Let's hope this one sticks around. Now, where were we...

"Nick Nack? Love interest? No, he's not really my bag (of peanuts)."

Yes, that was a story thread, where many of us, you and I included, added parts of the story. It was really rather good considering, and I was going to note before reading your comment that it, too, almost immediately led to Sydney, Australia. Apparently we, Bond fans, really want Bond to go there.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,929
    @JWESTBROOK Most definitely. Or even better, he could alter course slightly and come here to Adelaide ;)
    Matt007 wrote:
    (can we not try to derail this with 'funny' suggestions, it has potential)
    I agree. It's much more interesting and challenging to try and flesh it out like a Fleming novel. Now, continuing on...

There was a moment of silence. M continued to recline in the padded leather for another minute before realizing he was still holding his pipe. Slowly, he opened his eyes while casually leaning forward, but he wasn't ready to return to the conversation just yet. He didn't look at Bond. Instead, his pale blue eyes peered into the bowl of the pipe while tapping the side of it gently. It was blocked. His short, broad index finger lightly pattering against the briar wood broke the still silence filling the room.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Finally he said: "We have reason to believe so, as the message was picked up from Japan, Kyoto to be more precise. One of our agents had been working on a card gambling case there, but recently disappeared leaving no trail behind."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited May 2014 Posts: 45,489
    "Not 008, was it?", Bond asked with some tension in his voice.
    In response to the question, M set down his pipe momentarily and interlocked his fingers- both forearms now resting on the solid oak desk. He looked across the desk at Bond.
    "Yes". The expressions on his face were full of melancholy. "I'm sorry. It was no secret that the two of you had a close relationship, not least after working together on the Darfour case."
    Bond's face was frozen still, yet M could sense the emotions stirring under the surface. Bond's friendship with Bill went way back. He considered him a superb agent- much more cautious than himself, and M clearly held him in high regard, being his second choice for an assignment, God forbid something happen to Bond.
    "I will be on the next flight to Japan, Sir.", Bond said, a tight cable twitching inside him.
    Chapter 2. WELCOME BACK TO JAPAN, MR. BOND
    At Osaka International Airport, anticipating the arrival of Bond was Mr Blobby, the notorious assassin who had murdered 008, waiting on the orders of Fräulein Bunt.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Okay, we've had some laughs before, but now I think we should post only genuine contributions to this story, or risk derailing the thread. Please keep it serious.
    Bond, sitting comfortably in his chair at first class Japan Airlines, turned away from the comic strip he was reading, and thought through all the details of Ms briefing.
    Okay, we've had some laughs before, but now I think we should post only genuine contributions to this story, or risk derailing the thread. Please keep it serious.

As long as it's only Mr Blobby I don't think it will do much harm.

There's a one sentence parody thread for a Bond spoof.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited May 2014 Posts: 3,157
    I do agree with CrabKey, this story is making pretty much non-sense (although it made me laugh).
    (not-serious entry)
    And then they were all run over by a truck.

(old joke dating back to National Lampoon/earliest days of Saturday Night Live.)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I honestly had no idea this was to be a serious story only; I apologize.
    It is just too hard to resist at times.

Okay, last serious sentence was, I think,
    jobo wrote:
    Bond, sitting comfortably in his chair at first class Japan Airlines, turned away from the comic strip he was reading, and thought through all the details of Ms briefing.

Bond paused when he read the details of two mysterious acts mentioned in his brief: the first, the apparent heart attack of the British ambassador at a sumo tournament last week in Osaka and the second, a fatal stabbing of a kindergarten teacher at Korakuen Gardens in Okayama. Somehow, M thought that a certain former nemesis was behind these seemingly unrelated events.

A text message suddenly occurred:
    <i>"Do you think you can keep me away? Just wait!"</i>
    Bond smiled, recognizing the caller ID as one of the few men who had this number, and then looked up to see Felix Leiter, his usual CIA counterpart, take the seat next to Bond which had previously been occupied by an elderly woman with a horrifying cough. Leiter took a swig from a mini-bottle of bourbon and greeted Bond with a hearty Texan, "Howdy! I see you got my text."
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    "And I see you've moved up in the world, Felix! A mobile phone? Why, you CIA chaps don't seem to be the kind to carry those around. How are you?"
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2014 Posts: 2,629
    You Brits don't play Angry Birds? I'm doing great James. The leg is doing better. I do need to text you some pictures. Take a look at these and tell me what you think.
    Bond casually took the cellphone Leiter eagerly presented to him, and scrolled through the picture album. An ironic smile quickly formed on his face, as the slightly traumatic memories from that bizarre experience so many years ago swirled through his head. The picture was of a tall, slightly sunburned man, entering a picturesque harbor of a small japanese village. The man was wearing a cheapish peasant outfit and a ridiculous japanese straw hat that was not big enough to cover the hideous, fake eyebrows Bond knew had been put on against his will. He grinned. How anyone could believe that guy was 'Japanese' was beyond him.
    Bond raised his natural eyebrows as he looked at the next picture. "Well, here's something new."
    Leiter looked over Bond's shoulder as he enlarged the photo on the mobile phone. "What the hell?" Leiter said, a look of complete disbelief washing over him.
    There was Blofeld, or his look-alike.
    I don't know why but I was picturing this as Fleming period. Ie before mobile Phones.,,
    "I thought you took care of him," Leiter said, pointing to the man who looked like Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
    "I thought so, too," Bond said. "Several times."
    The plane suddenly took a dive, and all hell broke loose.
  • JuraquagmireJuraquagmire Canada
    very good, keep up you guys!
    very good, keep up you guys!

said Blofeld over the loudspeakers.