The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
    New York, I Love You
    Haunter
    Perfect Sisters
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,438
    I see on official Dutch site from the http://deathinparadise.kro.nl/ Salmon also play a part in that Death in Paradise serie and S2 will start on 12 June on Dutch channel 2/Nederland 2 21.50 and also be seen every monday same time same channel, so Belgium people can watch it too. The British Burn Notice i understand. In The Netherlands the 3th season wil be released on 17 June on dvd. Whyle you can not realy speak about seasons with for example only 14 episodes for Luther, the 3 seasons of this series in totaly have 24 episodes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I picked up 'Thief' Criterion Collection blu-ray the other day. Looking forward to it arriving.
  • JuraquagmireJuraquagmire Canada
    Blood And Ice Cream Trilogy
    The Long Kiss Goodnight
    Veronica Mars
    The Returner 2002 - Recommend it to anyone how enjoys eastern cinema and Sci fi. Very good movie
    The Returner 2002 - Recommend it to anyone how enjoys eastern cinema and Sci fi. Very good movie

Just watched the red-band trailer for it and there's a scene which heavily reminds me of 'Mission Impossible 2' in it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Just watched the red-band trailer for it and there's a scene which heavily reminds me of 'Mission Impossible 2' in it.
    Yeah, that bike stunt was very reminiscent of Woo.
    It's a stoppie followed by a spin into a few gunshots that result in the car blowing up. That's definitely Woo's work in M:I-2.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,687
    Robocop trilogy in Blu Ray, priced right at $15. It IS a good thing that new one came out!
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,459
    Picking up 'True Detective' in a few hours. So pumped.

EDIT: Got it for $30 on blu-ray, sold the digital code for $15, so this is a steal.
    I saw that right next to Cosmos (I bought that too).
    chrisisall wrote:
    I saw that right next to Cosmos (I bought that too).

How much was it?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    How much was it?
    Cosmos? $39.99 (Blu Ray)
    We really love that series, and I can't wait to see it all crystal clear & widescreen!
    I loved the original version with the wonderful Carl Sagan, but I still haven't seen Tyson's version. I have watched a few clips and it seems pretty good.
    I love the original too, have seen it many times over the years. They had THAT too in DVD for $69.99
    Tyson's version was executive produced by Sagan's widow, and scored by Alan Silvestri. :)>-
    I would love to get the original on blu-ray. If only...
    Creasy47 wrote:

Creasy47 wrote:

Far from defines the film, worth a look. In any genre when a film is trying to attract a audience it taps into what's current. returner in its own write is good. recommend it.
    X-Men:First Class & Terminator 2 on blu. Haven't seen First Class but have seen Days OF Future Past and enjoyed McEvoy and Fassbender's performances so looking forward to that.

Love T2 (and Cameron films in general) and nice to get in HD. To add to comments further back up the thread. I like the ending to T2 as it is. For me, it leaves the question open as to what changes, if any, the actions of the characters will have on the future. The answer to that probably comes down to whether you believe in fate or free-will. Although personally the nature of the story makes me think the future-war has to happen regardless (and T3 touches on this I belive) otherwise the story will become paradox. Or even more paradoxical, as the whole Kyle being John's father becomes like the chicken and egg question. Best not to think too hard about it! :))
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,438
    1002004013371684.jpg
    BD: Gangster Squad (2012) with sleeve. € 5,00 (NEW)

9200000019664133.jpg
    BD: Ginger & Rosa (2012) € 5,00 (NEW)
    Selling a lot of blu-rays and DVD's lately, so made some extra spending cash and picked up '12 Angry Men' Criterion Collection blu-ray.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2014 Posts: 16,330
    Mission: Impossible Season 1
    Products910384-1200x1200-1872574.jpg
    Murdock wrote:
    Mission: Impossible Season 1
    Products910384-1200x1200-1872574.jpg
    That's something i need to add to my amazon wish list.

Smallville season 6 and 7.
    Father's Day gift certificate in hand- immediately purchased Westworld & Serenity on Blu Ray.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Father's Day gift certificate in hand- immediately purchased Westworld & Serenity on Blu Ray.

What's Westworld like on Bluray? Recently bought it on dvd, was toying with buying it on Bluray.
    What's Westworld like on Bluray? Recently bought it on dvd, was toying with buying it on Bluray.
    I didn't receive it yet, but reviews say it's fairly nice. I have the DVD & that picture is atrocious. Barely as good as VHS. Just like Logan's Run & 2010 (I've upgraded them too- what a freakin' improvement!).
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    @chrisisall Exactly what the dvd i bought was like, ordered it as have a few sci fi movies lately and got caught out. Capricorn one dvd was a big disappointment, looked like a tv version from the eighties, picture chopped to pieces.
    Capricorn one dvd was a big disappointment, looked like a tv version from the eighties, picture chopped to pieces.
    I read a review that said it looked like the DVD was made from a videotape.
    I think Outland takes the award for worst DVD though, the widescreen side is absolutely headache-inducing. I have a UK DVD of it, thankfully.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Jigsaw Man
    That Darn Cat ('97)
    The Motel Life
    The Invisible Woman
    Dressed To Kill ('81)
    The Life Of David Gale
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    chrisisall wrote:
    Capricorn one dvd was a big disappointment, looked like a tv version from the eighties, picture chopped to pieces.
    I read a review that said it looked like the DVD was made from a videotape.
    I think Outland takes the award for worst DVD though, the widescreen side is absolutely headache-inducing. I have a UK DVD of it, thankfully.

Capricorn One is getting a blu-ray release from Network in the UK and should be pretty damn good. Check out their website http://networkonair.com
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,438
    BD125: Enemy at the Gates (2001) € 5,00 (NEW)
    BD126: Signs (2002) € 5,00

Also the Soundtrack release of The Mummy (1999, Jerry Goldsmith) € 5,00 (NEW)