Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

The Wrath of Khan on Blue ray, one of my favourite movies. Great movie and looks even greater on this format. Hope the Directors edition finds its way onto Bluray at some point.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    T2 on Blu Ray. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) it was the best presentation of this classic I've ever seen. Pure eye candy.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Machete Kills - Its terrible the film knows its terrible and its great fun. Mel Gibson is good value, won't spoil his character.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Must like dogs with Diane Lane [ ^:)^ ] & John Cusack in a romantic comedy, sympathetic and cheesy.........so win-win really. O:-)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Saw some of Spy Hard on Netflix last night. Occasionally funny but nonetheless rather weak parody of Bond. The lady in it reminds me of Natalya and some of the corny dialogue reminds me of GE:

"With a twist"

"Do you always take matters into your own hands"
    "A lot of things end up in my hands"
    "And I bet your hands end up in a lot of things".

"Do you know how to disarm the weapon?"
    "I suppose that depends on what type of weapon you're talking about disarming"

Incidentally I didn't know that that actress's mother had an affair with Donald Pleasance while he was on the set of OHMSS.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote:
    Must like dogs with Diane Lane [ ^:)^ ] & John Cusack in a romantic comedy, sympathetic and cheesy.........so win-win really. O:-)

I'm not a rom com fan, but with Lane and Cusack as the leads, Must Love Dogs is near invincible. :)
    Hulk vs Wolverine animated movie. One of the best Marvel animated movies i have watched, the animation is superb. Its as bloody and violent as the conflict of the two protagonists could get.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hulk vs Wolverine animated movie. One of the best Marvel animated movies i have watched, the animation is superb. Its as bloody and violent as the conflict of the two protagonists could get.

Who won? My guess is Wolverine.

Who won? My guess is Wolverine.
    Its a fight that would probably never end lol
  • MAN OF STEEL (FOR THE FIRST TIME)..not too bad..too much cgi destruction and extremely loud!!!...could have done with the John Williams theme though!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I watched 'The International' once and recall being disappointed by it.
    I was too on my first viewing. But I was at a tag sale & got the DVD for 50 cents figuring that if it was as boring as I remembered, no big loss. As a Bond-like film it sucks, but as a semi-realistic spy flick I thought it was REALLY good this time around. I sincerely hope more here folks decide give it a second look.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I watched 'The International' once and recall being disappointed by it.
    I was too on my first viewing. But I was at a tag sale & got the DVD for 50 cents figuring that if it was as boring as I remembered, no big loss. As a Bond-like film it sucks, but as a semi-realistic spy flick I thought it was REALLY good this time around. I sincerely hope more here folks decide give it a second look.

I probably saw it as soon as it was released, and that was five years ago, so I don't remember much other than the spiral shootout scene in the art museum...or something? I don't recall all the details. I'm sure I watched it expecting something it wasn't, and could probably appreciate it for what it truly is if I gave it another shot.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,491
    dragonsky wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:

1. Moonrise Kingdom
    2. Rushmore
    3. The Royal Tenenbaums
    4. Grand Budapest Hotel
    5. The Darjeeling Limited

Just posting here to say that I finally continued my Wesathon. Bottle Rocket was the next Wes Movie I watched. I really didn't feel this one. I didn't see the original short movie version of Bottle Rocket but this one kinda lost me :/ I didn't like the main story, altough I really liked the humour in this one, so the movie has that one going on. I liked the love story subplot which once again shows that Wes is a master of love stories (atleast for my taste). I got bored a few times during the movie. It's not a bad movie but it's...just..idk not "Wessy" at points (altough you can feel his touch) Updated:Wes list (that might change if I see Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest again)

1. Moonrise Kingdom
    2. Rushmore
    3. The Royal Tenenbaums
    4. Grand Budapest Hotel
    5. The Darjeeling Limited
    6. Bottle Rocket

Also I saw Edge of Tomorrow and I think that the internet overhyped this one for me. Alright movie but it's far from amazing. I liked the humour but the fear I had for this movie became reality. After seeing Cruise die for so many times I can not care for his character or anything happening. It felt more like a really good episode of a sci-fi show. The ending wasn't really good either but overall 7/10 movie for me.

@dragonsky, I think that's my main worry with the film: getting tired of the same thing happening over and over. That's how I was with 'Vantage Point,' it became repetitive very quickly.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Grabbers.

watched this last night; what a fun little movie. Grabbers is not trying to reinvent the wheel. In many ways it's a throw back to monster-on-the-loose movies of the 50's and 60's. It also has a "Tremors" vibe to it. In short an Irish village is invaded by some slimy beasties. The villagers soon realize that one is drunk they will not be attacked. Sly this really is a fun movie and the introduction and build-up of the creature(s) is really well done. And, the effects are pretty good as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525366/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @dragonsky, I think that's my main worry with the film: getting tired of the same thing happening over and over. That's how I was with 'Vantage Point,' it became repetitive very quickly.

You won't get tired with the same thing happening because it's not really the same thing happening, the movie cuts the part that happened after a while but you can not connect fully with the movie knowing that you've seen the main hero die million times
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    dragonsky wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

You won't get tired with the same thing happening because it's not really the same thing happening, the movie cuts the part that happened after a while but you can not connect fully with the movie knowing that you've seen the main hero die million times

That was my concern from seeing the trailer as well. If the guy dies he just starts the sequence over again (from what I gather) so it's hard to care and the stakes just aren't there for his character when there's no real threat.
    I feel like something will eventually come into play where lives really are at risk, or it'll get to a point where he simply can't go back anymore.
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

Couldn't believe how bored I was. It makes The Sum Of All Fears look really decent.

Couldn't believe how bored I was. It makes The Sum Of All Fears look really decent.

Happy to hear, I'll be passing on this. I watched the bathroom fight scene on YT and it was uninspired and horribly edited. Plus, I'm not a big Chris Pine fan at all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:

Happy to hear, I'll be passing on this. I watched the bathroom fight scene on YT and it was uninspired and horribly edited. Plus, I'm not a big Chris Pine fan at all.

Ah, so what you're saying is that your heart pines for another action star?

I may catch that film but it seems like it revealed too many obvious twists in the trailer. I suppose Kevin Costner's character acts as
    some sort of mentor at the beginning who is secretly being duplicitous and Ryan must fight him by the film's end.
    Do you want me to answer that question @0Brady?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,894
    I watched Jack Ryan Shadow: Recruit yesterday as well. Primarily, I bought the DVD because of Knightly, though I have liked 3 of the 4 previous films. This one was better than The Sum Of All Fears, but that's it. I would place a substantial margin between this and Clear And Present Danger / Patriot Games / The Hunt For Red October. Maybe the reason I didn't like this one too much, was because it reminded me of Craig's Bond.
    Do you want me to answer that question @0Brady?
    No, just shooting out guesses for the fun of it.
  • Watched 48Hrs and Another 48Hrs. Love these movies. Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy made a great team on these. Back when Murphy was great and Nolte excellent as always.....
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Had a John Hughes double bill with Ferris Bueller's Day Off and National Lampoon's Vacation. Haven't seen the latter in about twenty years!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's what it was looking like to me, that, or somehow:
    Keira Knightley's character was in on it from the start or something. Either way, it just seems like there has to be a twist.
    Henry Cavill in "Man of Excessive CGI."

It must be a generation thing. Lots of buildings knocked down and lots of glass. Somewhere in this FX mess there was a story.
    I was on a movie roll today. I'd post some reviews, but it's 3 A.M. here and I'm real tired. I watched 'The Cabin In The Woods,' 'Evil Dead (remake),' and 'Marathon Man.'
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

This film is approved by Thunderfinger. Awesome.