SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    @PanchitoPistoles

1.) I'm just pointing out that longer gaps do not equal better films. There's no guarantee of that.
    2.) Agreed, that's what I was trying to get at.
    3.) Who says people would get tired of them? A lot of films that are done once a year manage to still rake in money, even though franchises like those merely milk the teet of the series. One film every other year doesn't necessarily mean people will tire of them too fast.

No. 3 is his weakest point. What evidence do we have that people will get tired of Bond films if they come out every two years? Bupkis, I suspect.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Perilagu_Khan, exactly, no evidence.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,619
    What evidence do we have that people will get tired of Bond films if they come out every two years?

Evidence? It's common sense! Just look at the Bond franchise in the 80s. Yes, you can have a short gap between films once in a while but if you release a Bond film every other year consistently for a decade or longer, people will get tired of the franchsie.

Imagine if there was a Bond film released this year. The teaser trailer would be released sometime this month. I'm convinced a large percentage of people would think: Again?
    @PanchitoPistoles, then that means it would've been two years since a trailer for a James Bond film was released, what makes you think a large percentage of people would think: "Again?"
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,471
    It's not that we think Quantum should return because they are the greatest villains the franchise has ever seen, it just looks sloppy if they are never mentioned again. These people were responsible for toying with Vesper and Bond shouldn't forget that, and neither should Mendes and his team. There is so much potential to be had with an organization that is everywhere and nowhere all at once, and that even has connections with the bloody Prime Minister for crying out loud! There's just so many things that could be done for a story. I know I'm not alone in wanting to see this wrapped up, not only because of the storytelling potential but also because leaving Quantum in the dust would be a disservice to the arc of the previous films. I'd love to see Beam and Camille back too, the former because he's a great snake and the latter because I feel she was an invaluable part of Bond's war against them in QoS and a relationship I'd love to see developed more. If only fans got some input into the storylines of the films.

Agree, exept Beam.

RE: If there was only a two year gap between TWINE and DAD then Die Another Day would have been even worse.

I disagree. The script whas changed close to the end of 2001, if there start producing earlier the movie released in November 2001 without the changes. Rosamund Pike stil played Miranda Frost and Jinx be trater. Jinx already be trater with working for Falco and her killing of the doctor. Then: Falco who must keep his mouth shot insteed of M/Mi6, we get Frost and Bond in hot tube and Jinx died at the end. There already can have kild of Jinx with Bond have not saved her from the meltdown of ice, but that scene possible not have been in the movie. So Jinx died in the knife, Frost with Madonna and the movie end with Bond and Moneypenny.

Skyfall feels as 2010 movie and i think i will feel the same with TDKR when i going to see it. Between Bourne 2 and Bourne Ultimatum be 3 years, but if we look to the result it should be released in 2005.

Bond 25 in 2017. The 4 year break between QOS and Skyfall whas way to long and made this wish bigger. If there release Bond 24 this year it have been 6 years between QOS and Bond 24 and it feels as 2x 3 years and then 3 years later in 2017 Bond 24. But there go for 2015, more acceptable if there stil go for Bond 25 in 2017. in 2017 It been 9 years since QOS and that's 3x3 years. 2002-2017 is 15 years, 5x3 years / 5 movies.
    It's fascinating to see these actresses confirm their auditions. Got me thinking about the main role for female lead character being British? Will it be a well known British lady? Or a newcomer? Or will it be a talented foriegn actress with a flawless British accent that they can simply turn on? Whether they are already English speaking or not?
    What evidence do we have that people will get tired of Bond films if they come out every two years?

Evidence? It's common sense! Just look at the Bond franchise in the 80s. Yes, you can have a short gap between films once in a while but if you release a Bond film every other year consistently for a decade or longer, people will get tired of the franchsie.

Imagine if there was a Bond film released this year. The teaser trailer would be released sometime this month. I'm convinced a large percentage of people would think: Again?

I don't suppose it occurred to you that the relative lack of success of the 80s Bond films could have had something to do with their relative lack of quality, certainly in the case of OP and AVTAK, not to mention Moore's advancing years? And there are a million other factors besides.

At any rate, from DN through LALD, Bond films came out once every 1.4 years. That was also the period of Bond's most sustained popularity.

Sorry, but I just don't buy the notion that Bond every two years is overkill.

• edited May 2014 Posts: 2,015
    I am sure Bond 24 will benefit from one extra year too.
    Well, well, well, we learned that for Mendes to come back, the script had to be changed a lot : Logan wrote a script that was a part one of a two-movie arc. Mendes wanted a stand-alone movie. Consider a lot of that extra year went into oblivion then. And maybe that the short time between Mendes saying no and then Mendes saying yes is the actual time spent on the new script !

As for the "lack of success of Bond in the 80s", gee, 79-83 was the second wave of Bond box-office huge success... OP was #2 overseas and NSNA #3, and worldwide OP was #2 and NSNA was #4 ! Viewers getting tired of Bond in the 80s is an urban legend based on too much reading of the US box office only, and the fact Star Wars IV, V, VI did massive box office at that time. Bond's box office was a lot done overseas, the franchise was the first to earn money that way, and it surely helped a lot not to rely too much on a single market.
    It's always refreshing to read your comments, @Suivez_ce_parachute. Thank you.

On another slightly different subject, it looks like the casting of Chiwetel Ejiofor looks increasingly unlikely as he has just committed to the English-language remake of The Secret in Their Eyes. Variety reports that Ejiofor is in the cast, along with Gwyneth Paltrow. The film will shoot in Boston.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/cannes-billy-ray-to-direct-secret-remake-1201179416/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I mentioned that on the last page @bondsum and still think it would be OK, as the bulk of his scenes could be shot later, near the end of the shoot. That would mean in 2015 and also happen to follow the pattern of how Bardem shot many of his scenes for Skyfall.
    Sorry, Sam. I didn't see your earlier comment. Yes, I sort of thought that might be a possibility, though part of me thinks that most A-List actors (which Ejiofor can now be classed as) might not want to rush from one movie to the next and choose their next project with more consideration. Maybe the role of Bond villain doesn't interest Ejiofor in the same way as it does us Bond geeks? Though I take your point.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 2,598
    Scandinavian sixty second screen time Bond girls ay? Could my preference for having a Bond film set in Scandinavia, specifically beautiful Stockholm come true? Well, even if it does, I'm sure that unfortunately only a fifth of the film, if that, will be set in Scandinavia what with the modern globe trotting Bond films these days, but better than nothing.

I'd love to see the connoisseur side of Bond's personality reveal itself again. Let's get back to the books or at least to a lesser degree, the Connery films. One sometimes feels as though the film makers believe that the only side to Bond's personality is that he has a taste for action, women and suits. There's a lot more to his personality than this although whether the writers and company realise this, I'm not sure. I miss the days when Bond used to talk about fine wines.
    This may be something out of nothing. But at a recent 'Penny Dreadful' press screening in London (attended by Same Mendes btw), Harry Treadaway was questioned whether he had a role in Bond 24 which he replied 'we'll see'. Could he be in the film? Possibly playing a colleague of Q's maybe? Or perhaps he could play a Snowden-esque whistleblower figure. Alternatively it is quite possibly I'm reading waaaaay too much into a harmless innocuous comment.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,351
    If something comes from this and least it's been found now. It's all too vague at the moment, though.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Good catch P2D. I think the reporter was quite smart asking that question to the guy. Judging by his response, he could have been invited...let's see.
    I wish someone had asked the same thing to Simon Russell Beale.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    So, with the latest news, we can assume that this actresses had been tested?

Ida Engvoll
    Disa Östrand
    Synnøve Macody Lund
    Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
    Ingrid Bolsø Berdal

I'm a bit late on the subject of Scandinavian actresses, but I wish they would screen-test Norwegian singer/song writer <a href=" Bakken</a>, or at least ask her for a title song contribution.
    I know none of them, but I really hope one of them is cast, especially if it means a Scandinavian setting.
    This may be something out of nothing. But at a recent 'Penny Dreadful' press screening in London (attended by Same Mendes btw), Harry Treadaway was questioned whether he had a role in Bond 24 which he replied 'we'll see'. Could he be in the film? Possibly playing a colleague of Q's maybe? Or perhaps he could play a Snowden-esque whistleblower figure. Alternatively it is quite possibly I'm reading waaaaay too much into a harmless innocuous comment.

I think it maybe way too much reading into it? But hey? If you are right that's one great call on your part!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    According to a official website for a Gym in New York, Daniel Craig were there yesterday and worked out. According to them he focused on running on a treadmill. Might this be the start of the extensive training in before October?

Here's a picture of him from the Gym:
    10334370_10152178504463108_980303615904609718_n.jpg
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,380
    Seems that one of the UK newspapers that ran the casting development pulled down their article today. Interesting.
    bondsum wrote:
    On another slightly different subject, it looks like the casting of Chiwetel Ejiofor looks increasingly unlikely as he has just committed to the English-language remake of The Secret in Their Eyes. Variety reports that Ejiofor is in the cast, along with Gwyneth Paltrow. The film will shoot in Boston.

Why is it unlikely? Lots of high profile actors do several projects at the same time?
    And we know for a fact that the Bond villain actor only needs to be commited to the project 1-2 months.

Robert Carlyle did three other movies the same year they were shooting TWINE. The same did Jonathan Pryce. Mathieu Amalric even did five others.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't think Treadaway is anywhere near being cast for Bond 24. The interviewer asked him if he wanted a role in a Bond movie, not if he had been cast in Bond 24, two completely different questions.
    And most actors would say yes to the first question.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 5,745

He was also in the Fleming BBC series, as credited on IMDB. I'd say he's in the perfect position, with Mendes, Logan, Green, and Dalton, plus the Fleming credit, to be cast. Doesn't mean he is, though. His response was.. interesting. He was calm and stationary the whole interview, and then she brings up Bond and suddenly he's restless, looking away, and smiley. Like someone whose life has been threatened to secrecy dancing their way out of an answer.
    MrBond wrote:
    According to a official website for a Gym in New York, Daniel Craig were there yesterday and worked out. According to them he focused on running on a treadmill. Might this be the start of the extensive training in before October?

Here's a picture of him from the Gym:
    10334370_10152178504463108_980303615904609718_n.jpg

Good grief! I hope that's a woman next to DC. At least I think I hope that.

• edited May 2014 Posts: 14,880
    It is a woman. She would maybe even be pretty if she was not so darn muscular.
    She's got the face of a Bulgarian truck driver.

**shudder**

**shudder**

=))

Sadly, that's about spot on.

**shudder**

For some reason I thought about May Day. She looks very butch, but her rather touchy feely attitude towards Craig made me think she is heterosexual.