Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    So, in order, then reverse...

Exactly. A New Hope and ESB are always close contenders for me, though.

Look who's been seen in London. Hmm, doesn't a big film start shooting next month?... :-\"

1907949_10152337270502708_6971045566755619155_n.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    And with a beard as well. Going for a wise Obi-Wan look perhaps?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Benny wrote:
    And with a beard as well. Going for a wise Obi-Wan look perhaps?
    Ha, that's what I was thinking as well.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Carrie and Harrison are also in London.
    This has to be the least shocking news ever. Or at least it was until the "Justice League" announcement earlier on! ;-)
    Hopefully this can help Mark get back onto a better path for him, with involvement however little or big with this new movie?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, Disney and Lucasfilm have decided that all pre-Disney acquisition released Star Wars games are now non-canon. Way to f*ck some of your fanbase, guys.
    I always sort of took it as non-canon anyway. I read lots of them, and many of them were great, but that's as far as they went with me.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/star-wars-cast-rumors-oscar-isaac-adam-driver-john-boyega

A read-through takes place today in London.

Who wants to bet all is revealed on Sunday, which also happens to be ten days before filming begins? :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/star-wars-cast-rumors-oscar-isaac-adam-driver-john-boyega

Who wants to bet all is revealed on Sunday, which also happens to be ten days before filming begins? :D

And is of course May the 4th.
    Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went for this day for a press conference.

Benny wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

And is of course May the 4th.
    Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went for this day for a press conference.

I thought this too with regards to the date of May the 4th fastly approaching! :-?
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    **CASTING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED**

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40895

"The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    At last! Best of luck to the new additions. Now, who's playing who?

A photo of today's read-through:

StarWarsEpisodeVII__140429164849-575x326.jpg
    I'm excited by Max Von Sydow. Have to say though, I know very little about the newbies in the cast. Not a bad thing though. The prequels were crap and that had mostly established actors. Fair to say, this is going to be huge. Just hope Bond 24 makes enough money at the box office by the time this is released.
    I shouldn't worry. Bond could have near $1 billion in the bank by then. Star Wars, Bond and The Avengers will rule next year's box office charts.

Who are playing the children then? Just Daisy Ridley and Domhnall Gleeson?

Is Andy Serkis again doing motion capture?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Fantastic news. This has somewhat relaxed my concerns about VII, some very fine actors and actresses here.
    No Billy Dee Williams then?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    No Billy Dee Williams then?

Yes I think it was clear in recent interviews that he was pissed that he had not been approached to return.
    Maybe the character is better suited to the past films? Still, no reason he can't be in Episode VIII or IX.
    As long as there are no Ewoks or Jar Jar and George Lucas is kept at least one mile away from the studio then I'm happy. :-bd
    Here are the three new leads:

Irish actor Domhnall Gleeson (About Time) and English actors Daisy Ridley (Casualty!) and John Boyega (Attack The Block)

_74522683_starwars_cast2_getty.jpg

I'm guessing they're playing the heroes.

And these three, Max von Sydow, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver are perhaps the villains?

_74522679_starwars_cast1_getty.jpg
    Dear old Max surely will be in a villain role? Just the voice is enough? Look forward to learning more hopefully over the next few days? :-bd
    I don't care if it's just silly nostalga, I am very pleased that the original three leads are returning, the prequels lacked heart and Fords star quality, at the end of the day surely nostalga plays a big part in bringing back these old franchises anyway?
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-casting-699924

Still at least one more female role is to be announced.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Very good news. I'm glad they wen't for some more unknown actors for the leads. That's how it was when they made the first one.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    Very good news. I'm glad they wen't for some more unknown actors for the leads. That's how it was when they made the first one.

Absolutely agree with this! Good to have some new blood!
    May the 4th be with you!

Has anyone heard about this rumor of the new title?
    It's either part of a hoax going around or the news broke a bit early today.

Star Wars: Order of the Jedi
    star-wars-order-of-the-jedi.jpg
    http://moviewit.com/star-wars-order-of-the-jedi/

I'm not a huge Star Wars buff, so I don't know if thats a title from a book or video game, but I like it. Either way, I'm excited to find out directly from the source today!

What Star Wars News are you looking forward to?
    I imagine it's just an internet hoax. Considering the previous film in the series is Return of the Jedi, it would be incredibly lazy to use Order of the Jedi as the title of the new film.

Mind you, when I first heard The Phantom Menace I thought it was some kind of sick joke. X_X

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    BmxXpHXIYAE4mGy.jpg
    James-Bond-Star-Wars.jpg