Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    If it's any consolation, I'd watch MR WAAAAY before I'd ever even THINK of watching ST:G again.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote:
    If it's any consolation, I'd watch MR WAAAAY before I'd ever even THINK of watching ST:G again.

Still think you should give Moonraker another chance It isn't THAT bad. It's just cheesy Bond at it's finest. :))
    Murdock wrote:
    Still think you should give Moonraker another chance It isn't THAT bad. It's just cheesy Bond at it's finest. :))
    Nah, the anti-nostalgia factor is too high. :))
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Nah, the anti-nostalgia factor is too high. :))
    Fair enough. :))
    Which Trek episode/ movie have you seen the most times?
    For me it's Doomsday Machine/Star Trek III (I think I saw it 20X in the theatre alone).
    chrisisall wrote:
    For me it's Doomsday Machine/Star Trek III (I think I saw it 20X in the theatre alone).

I've watched Star Trek III the most. I really love the score. Especially Stealing the Enterprise and Escape from Genesis. As for episodes I've watched most, It would be The Man Trap. It's a very interesting story. And introduced viewers to the Vulcan head bang and the Shatner scream. ;)
    Back in '84 I took a date (She who is now my Wife) to STIII, and afterward she asked if I cried during the movie. I told her, "Twice."
    I was a sensitive 80's guy. :))
    chrisisall wrote:
    Back in '84 I took a date (She who is now my Wife) to STIII, and afterward she asked if I cried during the movie. I told her, "Twice."
    I was a sensitive 80's guy. :))
    No shame in that. I'm a big sensitive lug too. Anything nostalgic will get the waterworks running. :))

"Don't grieve Admiral."
    Yep. I tear up even typing that. :\">
    edited March 2014 Posts: 16,333
    chrisisall wrote:
    "Don't grieve Admiral."
    Yep. I tear up even typing that. :\">

Aww. Don't worry. Your secret is safe. Just like mine. ;)
    http://i.imgur.com/7H7Eo40.jpg
    You of course know that Diamond Select is doing the STIII phaser...
    chrisisall wrote:
    You of course know that Diamond Select is doing the STIII phaser...

Yes, And I will order one the moment it is released. ;) It's probably my second favorite phaser.
    These are my top two, in order:

SANY7284_zpsc5c3aa9d.jpg

SANY9171_zpsac222f21.jpg
    Lovely collection. :)
    The STIII phaser (my third favourite) will complete it.
    Once I get that and an Assault Phaser, my Phaser pistol collection will be complete. Then I'd like to make a Phaser rifle. I'd buy a kit but it's so expensive.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Assault phaser?
    Who ya gonna call? ;)
    chrisbusters
    In two months.
    PM me.
    Way to go @Murdock. Can you get a Klingon disrupter from ST III ?

I can't recall which episode I've seen the most. I just know that I can watch TOS episodes over and over and never tire of them. Like most of you, I can mouth lines from episodes as well. Describe a scene and can guess which episode and season the scene is from. Not so with other Trek series....

As much as I loved TNG I have to admit that I have not seen every episode from the seven year run. I missed most of the first two seasons of course and never went back to re watch them. You describe a scene and ask me which episode and season and I will in all likelihood be wrong.
    I haven't got a Klingon disrupter yet, but I plan on getting one.
    Thank you @Murdock and @Agent007391 for your explanations. I'll try to keep in mind that J.J. Abrams' movies are in al alternate reality. But I still like the older ones more.
    And I have a bad feeling regarding Star Wars VII...
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 19,339
    Time for Kirk and Spock to have a spot of lunch :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkyPRPhIAAAuECb.jpg:large
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'll never get used to replicated food, but the synthehol is delightfully smooth.
    barryt007 wrote:
    Time for Kirk and Spock to have a spot of lunch :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkyPRPhIAAAuECb.jpg:large

I remember seeing that image in William Shatner's autobiography Up till now. Good read by the way. :)

Great suite! I recognized the themes from The Original Series, Voyager, The Motion Picture, The Voyage Home and J.J. Abrams' Star Trek. But I don't know the one after The Voyage Home. Anyone can tell me?
    That would be Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
    Thank you @Murdock. I haven't seen STVI yet but I heard is good.
    In terms of soundtracks, I really like Horner's Wrath of Khan and Goldsmith's First Contact. From the tv shows, the original theme is great of course but also the one from Voyager. I found a like weird the them from Enterprise. Not bad but out of place in my opinion. But it's great to see the Phoenix flight from First Contact as part of human history.
    I love all the soundtracks. Each one is so unique and sets the mood of the picture well. Though my personal favorite ST soundtrack might be Insurrection. The battle themes in that score are very cool to listen too. :)
    chrisisall wrote:

Not possible to pick out any one episode but would have to be something that included Let That Be Your Last Battlefield (situation replicated in Search for Spock), The Trouble With Tribbles, The Way to Eden, The City On The Edge of Forever and The Tholian Web. Most watched movie would be Wrath of Khan, with say The Final Frontier and 79's Motion Picture close behind. Saw every one on theater release up until First Contact when interest just wasn't the same
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wasn't it amazing how they inserted the DS9 characters into 'The Trouble with Tribbles' to make 'Trials and Tribble-ations'. One of the most memorable episodes of that particular series.
    I've never watched an episode of Deep Space Nine as far as can tell. Lost interest in the franchise shortly after The Next Generations Cast was assembled. Only real tangible interest in Star Trek lies with the 60s original episodes and all film releases from 1979 up to and including Generations in '94. Sorry