Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47 wrote:

Is that the poster image? It's a broken link and doesn't show anything. I would've posted it but I'm too lazy to take 43 seconds to upload it to Photobucket and post it here :).
    You're quite right :). Thanks for the heads up

• Creasy47 wrote:
    <a href = Gone Girl Trailer</a>

I think it looks fantastic (as all of Fincher's work does), but I really would've went for a different song than that. I don't know if anyone has checked out the first poster for the film, but it's very different and looks wonderful.
    I think the song really goes well for the trailer, at least. The poster also shows so much, but so little at the same time.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I just love the whole news broadcast set up of it. It's the first time I've really loved a poster where the tagline was the main focus. Usually I hate that sort of thing, but the poster says nothing about the title, nor the cast.
    I didn´t really enjoy the Gone Girl novel and somehow don´t seem to have much interest in the film either.
    boldfinger wrote:
    I didn´t really enjoy the Gone Girl novel and somehow don´t seem to have much interest in the film either.

I hear that Fincher is changing up the third act of the film considerably. I know he did the same for TGWTDT.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

I hear that Fincher is changing up the third act of the film considerably. I know he did the same for TGWTDT.
    Anyhow, film is another medium. So the intelligent thing for me would be to wait for the film ;-). We´ll see.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The trailer looked interesting, but I wasn't blown away. It seemed to push the idea that Affleck's character was the murderer, but maybe there's a twist somewhere in there, one which will be spoiled for me and several others the week after the film comes out. Probably.
    Latest International Trailer for Godzilla has hit the net. It does look totally epic.

WARNING: Possible spoilers in the trailer.

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    It does look good. It's just unfortunate that it will be reboot again. The only connection will be the original 1954 film.

I am looking forward to it. It seems like there might be other monsters involved. Which I approve.
    Latest International Trailer for Godzilla has hit the net. It does look totally epic.

That trailer is far better!!!! :O
    Couple of new pics from Expendables 3:

81647.jpg

81649.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

How pathetic. We now live in a world where there are major spoilers for a film in its own trailer.
    @0Brady I always remember Mission Impossible committing that cardinal sin. They gave away the entire ending in the trailer!
    @0Brady I always remember Mission Impossible committing that cardinal sin. They gave away the entire ending in the trailer!

The first film? What did the trailer show? (spoiler tags, please)

It showed the helicopter exploding in the tunnel as Cruise jumps back on the train and it ended with the rota blade nearly slitting his throat

It showed the helicopter exploding in the tunnel as Cruise jumps back on the train and it ended with the rota blade nearly slitting his throat

Well, that's not as bad as
    revealing Jim to be the film's villain.
    That's what I expected it to be.

Well, that's not as bad as
    revealing Jim to be the film's villain.
    That's what I expected it to be.

True, but to show the climax is still pretty poor. I guess because the film isn't a wash with action, the marketing people needed to cram in as much excitement as possible.
    I prefer trailers like the Brosnan one in which he shot up those letters and then asked who else did you expect.

Trailer generally end up being disappointing when the movie is just not up to the level the trailer made you feel exciting or the trialer is better than the movie.

Whenever in the cinema I am always making a sport out of it guessing the music with the trailer, as it is rarely the music for the movie.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 5,767
    How pathetic. We now live in a world where there are major spoilers for a film in its own trailer.
    It took you 20 years to notice?
    SaintMark wrote:
    I prefer trailers like the Brosnan one in which he shot up those letters and then asked who else did you expect.
    That was one of the best teasers ever made. The real trailer for GE however spoke of something like "his biggest enemy yet - 006", which immediately reeked of soap opera and initially made me want to avoid the film.

boldfinger wrote:
    It took you 20 years to notice?

No, but these days it's even worse where the climaxes or big reveals in films ruin not only the film it's promoting but the future sequels that are already lined up for that series (like The Amazing Spiderman 2, for a recent example). Movies aren't about using one film to really shock and enthrall an audience anymore, it's about getting enough money to make more sequels without a care about whether it means anything special to anyone.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/macbeth-helmer-kurzel-tapped-to-direct-assassins-creed-1201161166/

Ubisoft and New Regency had looked at several directors for the gig, including Daniel Espinosa and Garreth Evans.

Now I'm really wishing Gareth Evans would direct it. Both Raid films were amazing and he's brilliant at fight scenes, he could really do the games justice in that department. Still hope they just make an original assassin, in a whole new time period (and a whole new modern day hero). That way they have much more freedom, they're not confined to the games.

I can't judge as I've seen f**k all from him but I'm hoping they're looking at this guy because he's a good fit and he was passionate about it, not just because he's mates with Fassbender. I think this film has a ton of potential and with Ubisoft involved, and an actor as talented as Fassbender producing/starring in it, I'm really excited.
    Couple of new pics from Expendables 3:

81647.jpg

81649.jpg

YES!!! Looking forward to some more outrageous blood and guts from the boys!!! :-bd

Cowabunga the new trailer
    SaintMark wrote:

I never thought I'd see anything that would make me want to watch the 1990 original again so damn quickly! ;-)
    SaintMark wrote:

Still not sure about this? I do know that if i should watch it? It will not be in a cinema.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1240371/assassins-creed-movie-michael-fassbender-desmond-miles-parkour/

I can understand why they'd make their own characters. It means they're not constrained by having to adapt the games, and as the games have a new main character every time anyway (and the modern day characters change around a lot), it isn't a big deal. In fact this is the approach I said they should take, tell a new story in a new time period.

But no parkour? Bourne style fight scenes? Almost nothing from the game franchise left in? This sounds awful.
    The first few 'Godzilla' teasers were incredible. So tense and it filled me with mystery and curiosity, but now? They've given us so many good looks of what this version of the monster looks like, and they've pretty much confirmed a hell of a lot of speculation, which kills it for me. I swear, you have to now avoid trailers/teasers/TV spots to avoid big spoilers, too.
    New trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes:

New trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes:

Looks pretty good although alot of CGI by the looks of it?
    My reaction to it was this: