Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• edited March 2014 Posts: 170
    Sony announced a Last of Us movie based on the best-selling videogame of the same name. Sam Raimi's production company is producing the film. Hopefully they'll get this right and we'll have a good adaption.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/screen-gems-takes-on-sony-playstation-vidgame-adaptation-the-last-of-us/</a>;
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sony announced a Last of Us movie based on the best-selling videogame of the same name. Sam Raimi's production company is producing the film. Hopefully they'll get this right and we'll have a good adaption.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/screen-gems-takes-on-sony-playstation-vidgame-adaptation-the-last-of-us/</a>;

Why make a film when you can just play the game? I don't understand the minds of studios...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why make a film when you can just play the game? I don't understand the minds of studios...
    bigstock_Falling_Money_669153.jpg
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 170
    Murdock wrote:
    took the words right out of my mouth ;)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:

My question was obviously rhetorical, but thanks for that anyway. ;)
    My question was obviously rhetorical, but thanks for that anyway. ;)

Just felt like putting out a visual aid. ;)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    boldfinger wrote:
    A new Zorro film is in the making, based on the 2005 novel by Isabel Allende. That book was absolutely marvelous, so if they capture the spirit of the novel and get the cast right, we are in for one amazing movie. Forget about those idiotic Campbell/Banderas films.
    Was Allende´s novel "dark and gritty", as I read the new film is going to be? I notice that the endless use of the term "gritty" fits well in with the current Zombie fashion, since the term itself has been used to death and still seems to live.

Parts of it were, I would describe it as mature first and foremost. It is an origin story, and nothing like the older books, but written with great love for the character. I am sure comparisons to Batman Begins and whathaveyou will be made, but that is unfair as the book came out before that film started this whole trend in movies. And Zorro is an older character as well. Going back to 1919. I loved those old Alain Delon films as a kid, but they were for kids.
    Off topic but will there be Jack Ryan 2 ? Or is that idea pulled ?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No news yet. It's final total at the box office may decide that.
    Disney has announced Cars 3 and Incredibles 2!
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/disney-plans-third-cars-the-incredibles-2-movies-1201137824/

About freaking time. I love the incredibles!
    Meh, I'm not too big fan of Pixar as the others but I am happy about Incredibles 2. It should be a fun one
    Wow, The Incredibles 2? I've wanted a sequel since 2004, so why the long wait? Still, I'm excited, especially since Brad Bird is back in the writer's chair again. I wonder if the film will follow directly where the last took off, and with the same villain?
    Wow, The Incredibles 2? I've wanted a sequel since 2004, so why the long wait? Still, I'm excited, especially since Brad Bird is back in the writer's chair again. I wonder if the film will follow directly where the last took off, and with the same villain?

I don't think the Underminer will be used. They did make a sequel videogame called Rise of the Underminer which he was the focus, but Brad Bird only created that character so John Ratzenberger could have a speaking part in the film as his voice has appeared in every Pixar movie. He's considered their lucky charm.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Murdock wrote:

I don't think the Underminer will be used. They did make a sequel videogame called Rise of the Underminer which he was the focus, but Brad Bird only created that character so John Ratzenberger could have a speaking part in the film as his voice has appeared in every Pixar movie. He's considered their lucky charm.
    Yeah, I've played that game, but I didn't know that was the only purpose of the Underminer.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I don't watch a lot of Pixar, but I was very impressed with the first Cars film. Haven't seen the second one yet. I've heard good things about the Incredibles. Must get around to watching it sometime.
    Oh you must see "The Incredibles" @QBranch. It's like watching a James Bond movie with Super Heroes. It has heavy influences of YOLT in it. The music score sounds very similar to Goldfinger. It's a must see. And for an animated film it's aim is more focused at adults rather than kids. Can't recommend it more my friend. :D
    Great stuff. I'm also looking forward to 'How to Train Your Dragon 2', coming out in June. I loved the first one.
    I still need to see the first one. :)
    =P~ Sin City: A Dame To Kill For: a film to kill for. Thanks for the trailer, TF!
    If it is half as good as the first, it may still be the best film of the year.

Will certainly take a look at this! Really enjoyed the first one!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Really enjoyed the first one!
    Marv: Take it off.

Hitman: What?

Marv: Fine coat like that, and you're bleeding all over it.

:))

Me likey. Eva Green is a dame I would certainly kill for, so sign me up.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't care what I see, I've been anticipating a 'Sin City' sequel since I saw the first one when it was released, but the first trailer wasn't terribly exciting, and I didn't care for how it was edited together. Other than that, I'm still in for its release.
    This my ass want a dip of snuff.
    So tired of Hollywood whinning about how they look for good scripts then they constantly serve up the same old bullshytt.

I loved the first Sin City back in 2005 but after seven years, I'm just not that interested anymore. and @creasy47, the trailer did not look that exciting. Sin City was a great idea at the time but now? Not interested.

300 Rise of an Empire the same can be said for this sequel.

They have a new Godzilla coming out. They tried Godzilla back in 1999 and that movie sucked anally. When are the studios a(and distributors) ever going to stop serving up slop? In this case, they just figured they repackage another bad idea.

I'm just not excited about any upcoming films this year. Any recommendations guys?
    Interstellar, @OHMSS69.

Marvel are eyeing Mads Mikkelsen for the part of Dr Strange. Cannot say I am against the idea.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,460
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31340/-wolverine-2-fantastic-four-2-dates-set

The Secret Service (Matthew Vaughn) is now 2014 movie and American release date is 24 October.

The release date from other country's wil possible change too. Like some other Fox movies, in The Netherlands the movie be released by Warner. I expected now Dutch release date of 30 October and that mean 2 weaks before release of The November Man who is set for 13 November (VS/UK 14 November 2014).
    It is fitting that November Man is being released in November, but I hope the distributers didn't hold off on letting the public see it for that reason and that reason alone.
    M_Balje wrote:
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31340/-wolverine-2-fantastic-four-2-dates-set

The Secret Service (Matthew Vaughn) is now 2014 movie and American release date is 24 October.
    Vaughn does a good job hiding that film, or is he working again on an over-tight schedule (as with X-Men 1st Class)? One or the other, I´m looking forward to another Vaughn film.