The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I bought CLOUD ATLAS as I intended to see it in the theatre, but missed out. Have not watched it yet.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    With my Vincent Price season underway, I noticed how woefully inadequate my collection was. So I stopped by HMV, and bought the following for £4.99 each...

The Abominable Dr Phibes
    Dr Phibes Rides Again
    The Tomb Of Ligea
    The Raven
    The Pit And The Pendulum

I also bought...

The Call
    Cloud Atlas
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Game of Thrones - Season 3 blu-ray.
    Excellent stuff - watched four episodes straight off (and two this morning before work!)
    Winter is Coming…
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited February 2014 Posts: 1,874
    ?
  • On Blu-ray...

The Blue Max (1966)
    WWI action-drama about German fighter pilots, starring George Peppard, Ursula Andress, Jeremy Kemp & James Mason.

Absolutely awesome musical score by Jerry Goldsmith.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dredd 2012
    Season 4 of Archer
    and
    Android Cop. I've never seen an asylum film before so I'm hoping for something so bad it's good. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Murdock, you've seen 'Dredd' before, haven't you? It blew me away, I really enjoyed myself with it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, you've seen 'Dredd' before, haven't you? It blew me away, I really enjoyed myself with it.

No. I've only seen Judge Dredd. (which I enjoyed.) So I'm looking quite forward to the reboot. :)
    @Murdock, do let me know what you think when you see it. Never followed the Judge Dredd comics or anything, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought it was really entertaining.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,459
    4 Bluray's last Monday (24 February):

1002004011568059.jpg
    Unknown + Taken (2 disc keepcase with Unknown as basic, there are no specifications of Taken on the sleeve.)

chronicle.jpg
    Chronicle BD/DVD Combopack

about-time-brd-b.png
    About Time

Totaly in February: 13
    Totaly spend in February:: € 63,00
    Mid-March is approaching fast, and I'm very excited to pick up my blu-ray copy of 'Out Of The Furnace.' I also just bought 'Game of Thrones: Season 3' on blu-ray for about $30. Selling the digital code for $8 makes the price only $22, which is a steal for me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A Life Less Ordinary
    High Fidelity
    Doctor Who: The Web Of Fear
    OHMSS on Blu Ray.
  • I bought cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 its really good
    Harry Brown with Michael Caine

a WWE event from previous years (not really a movie I realize, but still a viewing experience)

Cop Land with Stallone / Liotta / Keitel
    I just went out and bought 'Game of Thrones' Season One on blu-ray. I can't help myself, this show is phenomenal and worth numerous rewatches.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,695
    Mad Men season 6. The show is disgustingly addictive. Plus, there was a double Bond shout-out in the finale of 5...
    Well, I went back out to get clippers tonight to cut my hair, caved and bought 'Game of Thrones' Season Two on blu-ray. Last week, I had only seen maybe two episodes in my life. Now, I own the first three seasons on blu-ray and have gotten up to season three.
    Jolene
    Diminished Capacity
    Gravity
    Crash (2004)
    Joan Of Arc (1999)
    Red Planet
    The Wait
    Scoop
    Anna Nicole
    Frankie And Hazel
    Coriolanus
    Fireflies In The Garden
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Last week I got:

Thor: The Dark World
    Hugo
    Dr. Strangelove
    Two of the best films of 2013
    THOR-THE DARK WORLD
    GRAVITY
    I loved 'The Counselor' so much that I had to go and buy it on blu-ray.
    CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

Have not seen it since 77, so really looking forward to a revisit.
    Birdleson wrote:
    CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

Have not seen it since 77, so really looking forward to a revisit.

I watched it again a few years back, still strong. Maybe one of only a couple of Spielberg films where soppy dialogue doesn't ruin it for me (and I'm including his more dramatic, "serious" work). Oddly, it's one of the few (if not the only one) that he actually had a hand in writing.

I was awed by it as a 10 year old boy. I bought the comic strip album by Archie Goodwin and Walt Simonson shortly after. It is a really good one, and I still own it. So have not forgotten the story.
    Birdleson wrote:
    '78, by the way.

The comic strip album, yes. If that is what you meant. The film premiered in the Autumn of 1977.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,459
    03 March:

another_earth_blu-ray_large-20111215072313-115008-f1a27f44a4ff3c0a4a9ccb2f56c35456.png
    Another Earth BD/DVD Combopack
    Love & Other Drugs BD/DVD Combopack

monsters_university_3d.jpg
    07 March: Monsters University 3 disc 3D edition (3D+2D+Bonus disc) with sleeve.

Yesterday:

The Last King of Scotland
    How to Train Your Dragon BD/DVD Combopack with sleeve.
    Recently I purchased the blue ray discs of the first six Star Trek films. good price for six blue ray films. For you trek fans check it out on Amazon. Great price.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    American Hustle will be released in the States on Blue Ray tomorrow. I'm on it.

I loved Amy Adams' wardrobe. Don't remember much else of the movie though.
    FOXConnect was having a 50% off all movies sale today, so I switched my 'Out Of The Furnace' blu-ray preorder at MovieStop (since I rarely get to make up there) to 'The Wolf of Wall Street,' then picked up 'Out Of The Furnace' on blu-ray, and some unique blu-ray editions of 'Office Space' and 'Fight Club' for $21 total.

@Kerim, I saw 'American Hustle' last night after feeling negative about it and I loved it. I have my eye on a blu-ray purchase of it now.