The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• edited December 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Always a pleasure to pay a tribute here, and even better when it is a great member and a great person like my friend Sandy! Any woman who doesn't dismiss JB as a sexist, misogynistic relic of the Cold War is okay by me, but one who knows the films and loves them is a special one. And my friend is most certainly that for myself and many others here :)

Sandy for me is the ambassador of all things Portuguese. Indeed she is such a wonderful representative of her home country. I have learned so many things about Portugal from her and learn more every day. And if someone speaks about Portugal, make sure you know what you're talking about- or she'll make sure you get it right! But always, thankfully, in a kind manner that speaks to the warm and generous person she is. And first class all the way. She always takes the high road, and that's a rare thing nowadays.

When I read her many comments, it seems that Sandy is a contributor in many places that I don't have the subject knowledge to speak on. Doctor Who certainly has nothing on our good doctor, and the successful team of Holmes and Watson became that way because they always check their forensic evidence with her first. Matter of fact, it seems that there is hardly a book, movie, TV show, or something appearing on any screen anywhere that Sandy doesn't know about. I am constantly amazed by her vast storehouse of knowledge and general intelligence- no surprise that she became a doctor and I am sure the world at large is or will benefit someday from her work. Obviously Dr. Frankenstein couldn't pay her consultation fee and settled for the cheap "make your own people at home" kit and the inferior parts!

I cannot thank Sandy enough for her contributions to the Originals thread and the Cooking threads. She has certainly helped make them better. Now that she is living in Germany, she is officially for me the "Fräulein of Flammkuchen!". You made my whole family smile by advising the existence of such a tasty treat from my German Alsatian ancestors and thus bringing it back to my family- I know I said it elsewhere but it was such a special moment for me to have my son in the kitchen helping me prepare it, and to watch how he enjoyed it- he ate more than half of it himself and I was lucky to get the 4 pieces that I did! Guess what I've been ordered to make more of, and soon :))

Enjoy your special week my dear Sandy, you most certainly deserve this honor and every wonderful tribute you receive!

Your friend and Bond brother,

Sir Henry
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing you embarrass me with so many compliments :\"> I thank you from all my heart!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I apologize for the late entrance, but honestly, @Sandy has heard what she needs to hear: like all the others, you deserve this praise not once a week, but every single day. She's been a great contributor in so many different threads, she is an absolute joy and a lovely woman to speak with, and you're one of the kindest, most enjoyable people to have on these threads.

And, of course, above all else, how can you not deeply admire a girl who knows all-things Bond? It's a nice change of pace and an excellent thing to hear! Cheers to you, @Sandy, I hope this week is spectacular for you!
  • Sandy wrote:
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing you embarrass me with so many compliments :\"> I thank you from all my heart!

You deserve it, and I hope you laughed too because you were supposed to :)
    Sandy wrote:

You deserve it, and I hope you laughed too because you were supposed to :)

You can believe I did! On several occasions.

@Creasy47 it's so good to receive such a salute from you, thanks a lot!
    @Sandy, no need to thank me, but you are more than welcome!! :-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Thunderfinger thank you so much :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2013 Posts: 45,489
    Glad you liked it, you hurricane! Before I go, here is one more just for you. ;)

Damn, I tried two different versions, and none of them worked.
    Just watch the first one again. Gotto go. Will try later.
    Time to vote for @Sandy's successor in the thread.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My vote goes to @Dragonpol.
    I vote for @Samuel001
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am voting for @Samuel001, also, this time.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Another vote for Samuel from me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Samuel001 is another great member to be celebrated! I vote for him too.
    @Samuel001, absolutely.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    How can you all not be voting for @Dragonpol? One of the finest members we've had join us in a long time. He gets my vote.
    Modesty @Samuel001? ;-)
    Dragonpol is on my list! :) I'm just voting for you now, @Samuel001.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Modesty @Samuel001? ;-)

Not at all. I just don't understand how I can be voted for over someone like @Dragonpol.

EDIT: With the votes coming in, I guess I'll find out...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Modesty @Samuel001? ;-)

Not at all. I just don't understand how I can be voted for over someone like @Dragonpol.

EDIT: With the votes coming in, I guess I'll find out...

I think it's because you thoroughly deserve it, as does Draggers of course but I'm sure his time will come.
    That's very kind of you. I'm touched if people truely think so.
  • Sam the man for me
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I've got to get in on this party. Sam it is for me as well!
  • @Samuel001 gets my vote.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I vote for the very kind @Samuel001.
    I apologize for my delay but I really wanted to salute @Sandy as she is a very kind, intelligent and friendly member. Moreover, I love when she talks about Portugal, it remembers me of one of the most amazing countries I've been and their people are among the most pleasant folks I've meet, so you are truly a great example of them! Muitos parabéns!
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    And we have time, so one more salute to our @Sandy! She is ~

S - a stunning Sherlockian, a savvy writer, a super scientist who is also sweet, scintillating, smart, serene and, in general, the stuff that dreams are made on
    A - alluring and amusing (yes, Sandy proves that combination is possible!) and quite adept at her job (even when handling the m.s., eh, Sandy?) ;)
    N - not one to quibble with; but maybe nibble some nosh with (she's a good and knowledgeable cook) ... to say she is nice is not nearly enough, no ...
    D - diligent, daring, delightful and a dreamer
    Y - because you are YOU, Sandy - a special young woman with a unique combination of talent and heart.

I am honored I can call you my friend, Sandy. You deserve all these salutes.
    Cheers! Saúde!

(P.S. She can also beautifully fold paper into truly amazing shapes! How many other hidden talents are there? I don't know! It would take a James Bond or Sherlock to find out all there is to know about Sandy.)

• edited December 2013 Posts: 3,564
    And the tributes to @Sandy just keep on coming!

I was originally considering comparing her to the women created by the incomparable Ian Fleming -- but then I realized that Fleming's women tended to be the "Birds with one wing down," while @Sandy keeps both her wings held high at all times. Then I thought I'd liken her to one of the movie Bond's gorgeous scientist-babes -- but then I realized that both MR and TWINE would have been insufficient as showcases for our amazing @Sandy! So I'll just have to say how happy I am to know that she is among us on this forum. Here's to you, @Sandy! I hope you've been enjoy your week of acclaim!

And for next week's tributes, I'm placing my vote for @Dragonpol.