The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Baltimore_007 MI6's greatest Game Master. Able to make the greatest minds scratch they're heads in confusion. A wonderful contributor to this site. Even when things get heated, he is able to keep things going in a calm manner. He is also a good person.

I salute you @Baltimore_007. You are a strong person. And in your moment of loss, we are all here for you. we look out for one another here and your no exception. I'm glad my input helped. Were here for you and hope for the best for you. I know things are tough, but we'll get through it together buddy.
  • @Baltimore_007 is a brilliant member that's not afraid to share his view on something even if it's not the popular opinion. His posts are always thoughtful and intelligent and I find myself agreeing with him a lot. Anyone who's a fan of Dalton and TWINE is ok in my book.

I was very sorry to hear about his loss the other day too. We're all here to support you if you need anything mate.
    @Baltimore_007. The Moriarty of this forum with his dastardly fiendish clues and riddles. He's also known to pop up on the caption competitions and provide a corker (as witnessed by his latest one which proved to be the best this week).

I know he's had an unthinkably traumatic week and it's so nice to see so many members offer him their condolences and support.

I couldn't think of a more worthy champion for this week's appreciation so I give you my hearty congratulations and wish you all the best through these tough times
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Here's to you, @Baltimore_007! I'm happy to salute you this week.
    You are a longstanding member who participates so fully and enjoyably. Well, your Guess The Character turns kill me - but then, you are the master of that. ^:)^ You are not afraid to speak your opinion no matter what; I really respect that about you. You have been a Bond fan for ages and that has its own value, too. I am always happy to read your posts. As the icing on the cake, your caption this week for the BlofeldCatCapCon had me laughing out loud ("secreted surface" for Pete's sake!!); one of the best ever.

As with all MI6 members here who know you, I send you all my best thoughts and wishes for peace and healing and strength for you during this difficult time. PM any of us; you have more friends here than you know, my dear @Baltimore_007.

So here's to you! Cheers! oregonian_martini.gif
    @Baltimore_007 has a very strong presence. No matter what he says, people read it and talk about it. It's not random, it's because his opinions are smart and intense.
    I salute you because you are a great member and the knowing of your loss was deeply felt by many among here, including me. I hope you can surpass this difficult time and that you could continue to intrigue us with your trivia questions, amuse us with your comments and share your interesting opinions.
  • I don't always view this thread (was never one to play favorites) but didn't realize this name was in the spotlight this time

I appreciate all the plaudits and acknowledgments from various participants but am I really worthy of such an honor ? If not for the death of a loved one very recently would this name have still got a mention ? Ask yourself the question

I try to go about my business quietly on the pages and while there are sometimes things I take issue with, including one or two genuine concerns with other participants, maybe there was others who could of accomodated this week. By my own admission I haven't been thinking on all fronts the last week and try to say the right things now but feel a little embarrassed by this. In any event, it was a very decent gesture and there can only be a select few who can ever be in the MI6 appreciation thread so thank you for this opportunity
    Yes, you are a longstanding member and deserve acknowledgement and tribute, @Baltimore_007. So you were one of the members I was sure would be in line for a tribute at some point.

Please try to relax with this - realize we are sincere and you would have been nominated anyway if not this time, in the near future. No BS. But please try not to feel awkward, because we are going to continue with appreciation for you this next week.

:)>-
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited November 2013 Posts: 4,012
    @Baltimore_007 is a long standing member of this forum, when I came here he was already here so he is one of the names I am more familiar with. I respect his opinions because he knows how to defend them. I always cherish his presence here although we are not always active in the same threads. I raise my glass to him oregonian_martini.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Baltimore is awesome. First American railroad, in 1827!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,850
    Yes, you are a longstanding member and deserve acknowledgement and tribute, @Baltimore_007. So you were one of the members I was sure would be in line for a tribute at some point.

Please try to relax with this - realize we are sincere and you would have been nominated anyway if not this time, in the near future. No BS. But please try not to feel awkward, because we are going to continue with appreciation for you this next week.

:)>-

@4EverBonded said it more eloquently than I ever could. Your name is on ze list (bad Allo Allo joke there), anyway, @Baltimore_007. I'd hate for you to feel embarrassed by this. I know what you mean though, but at MI6 we look after our treasured friends and you are no different in this respect. Wishing you all the best in your time of difficulty. As I said before, just PM me and I'll always be there if you need someone to talk to. I lost my father at 18 years of age, so I do know how very difficult it can be.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Baltimore_007, this thread is for those we appreciate and want to support. You're on both lists. Perhaps, indeed, without your loss your name wouldn't have popped up this week, but it would have eventually. You've been around for a long time. You may not agree with everybody or have gotten into a dispute now and then, but that's no problem at all. Indeed, it shows character. The best discussions follow from members with strong opinions who're willing to read on what others think. You've always done so. You've been supportive and part of this forum in a good-natured way. For that I appreciate you beeing here. In addition to that I wish you all the best in these hard times.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Baltimore_007, you needn't worry, sir. This thread was designed to show our appreciation for fellow members we feel deserve it. You are now being appreciated in this thread for a reason, because you are a great member of this forum. You've been with us for well over two years now, I've come to know you as a member whose contributions I value. I liked this initiative of yours very much since I felt you brought it up to respect those who had been lost in the tragedy.

You have my support, but you also have my appreciation. You are a great part of this family.
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    @Baltimore_007, you needn't worry, sir. This thread was designed to show our appreciation for fellow members we feel deserve it. You are now being appreciated in this thread for a reason, because you are a great member of this forum. You've been with us for well over two years now, I've come to know you as a member whose contributions I value. I liked this initiative of yours very much since I felt you brought it up to respect those who had been lost in the tragedy.

You have my support, but you also have my appreciation. You are a great part of this family.

Yes maybe I was looking at things the wrong way, but I haven't been thinking rationally the last week. I took too many things for granted (in the past) including other participants on these pages but recent events have given things a new perspective. Any support is always welcome and I always tried to to do my best on these pages without bringing to much attention to this name. Thank you again to yourself and all others who have provided encouraging words at a difficult time

• When I first introduced myself to this forum (on the Introductions thread, of course!) @Baltimore_007 was the first one there to welcome me. It is a pleasure to thank him now for that kindness, and to voice my appreciation for his many contributions to MI-6. Live long and prosper, good sir! You have our support, now and always!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Some say he was forged from pure stone in the heart of earth's core. Others proclaim him to be like a phoenix, dying and returning from his own ashes generation after generation. Even more have argued that he exists only as a force of nature, not unlike the passing wind or trembling thunder. He is the sum of all the greatest values and skill sets in existence on this earth: the morality of a crime fighter, the courage of a soldier, the faith of a monk, the mind of a philosopher, and the heart of a poet. His life's journey and image has been recorded on endless lengths of tapestry, upon the canvases of the greatest paintings in tempera, carved in the richest stone, written in the most poetic ballads, and celebrated in the grandest feasts. The world as we know it is marked by his travels; it was he who leaned the Tower of Pisa, constructed Stonehenge, disfigured The Great Sphinx and constructed the most impressive of pyramids. Women worldwide have shared nights of the deepest passions with him, from the beauties of Brazil, hotties of Hawaii, dames of Denmark, femmes of France, and babes of Bolivia. The pages of history will look fondly upon his memory, and treat him as one of its greatest figures.

To put it simply, @Baltimore_007 is a hell of a guy. He is modest as can be, yet has a lot to be proud of. His various activities on the forum are legendary, the greatest of which is his crushing dominance of the "guess the character" game we have long ran here. His brilliance at riddling to his heart's content is matched only by his vast knowledge on everything Bond and beyond. His mind is almost encyclopedic, allowing him to effortlessly place a quote from a Bond film or uncover elusive characters hidden in a riddle. On top of that, he is simply a nice guy who does his own thing, doesn't instigate any fights, and has always been a committed and prolific forum member who can always be counted upon for great debates and intelligent posts. His modesty makes him believe he is undeserving of all our praises this week, but hopefully at this point he realizes just how important of a cog he is in the proverbial ticking clock that is the MI6 Community forums. Here's to you, @Baltimore_007, a one of a kind agent of the highest order. =D>
  • @Baltimore_007, you're yet another of our most valued members. Your absolute mastery of the "guess the character" game is but one of your many gifts. You've been a Bond fan since the earliest days, and you can always be counted on to give a knowledgeable perspective on the series. We're here for you now, Baltimore, as MI6Community is truly a family of Bond fans.
  • Still feel embarrassed about this. I'm not worthy of a salute, or favorites honor, or whatever this thread represents, and I stand by that opinion. If not for recent tragic circumstances, someone more deserving would of fitted in, but in any event, I offer sincere thanks to those that came forward and spoke out with kind words and it was appreciated, but once again, I didn't feel deserving of plaudits and accolades. Please don't look at things the wrong way, there's no better judgment of character than being yourself, but thank again those who gave acknowledgments, which provided significant assitance at a difficult time

I would like to suggest @Samuel up next for this, if he hasn't already been chosen. You couldn't meet a better participant on these pages
    Well, you do deserve this recognition - and really, I'd like you to understand that you would have been chosen to receive this salute at some point anyway. You are a valued longstanding member and on many folks' lists to be saluted here.

Here's to you, the reluctant and modest, yet still unique and valued MI6 member, @Baltimore_007: Cheers! =D>
    Now please put me out of my misery soon on the Brand New Guess the Character thread!
    :-??
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Balt's cool.
    Yes, he is, @chrisisall. :) And I hope you've become a little more comfortable with us saluting you, @Baltimore_007. oregonian_martini.gifWhat's that sound? It's applause that you deserve.

@StirredNotShaken, I'd like to ask when we are voting for the next honoree?
    Because I want very much to vote again for @Sandy.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yes, @Sandy gets my vote too. A supervote for a superlady!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I vote for the lovely @Sandy too.
    Yes, chalk me up for @Sandy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Are we at a beach, ladies and gentlemen? I only ask because it's getting pretty @Sandy around here.

I toss my hat in for the lady as well.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thank you my friends :\">

@Samuel001 is the next on my list, I vote for him this week.
    Samuel001 is on my list, too, as are others - I just want to salute you next, dear Sandy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My vote goes to @Sandy.
  • I'll vote for @M_Balje, since he came in second.
    Lets go with @Sandy!
  • I don't play favorites with anyone on these pages, but realize there's a handful of names on this forum that are a plateau above others, or could be considered 'greatest participants'. You get the general idea..

@Samuel101 is one of those select few, and fully deserving of being up next for this. It's already been one embarrassing last round, so would suggest, don't turn it into another. Think with your heads, not with your hearts

I only hope the right will prevail with subsequent selections