The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

Since voting was late we'll give a week and a half to Baltimore and a week and a half to his successor (currently @Sandy as of the present tally). His successor will go from Tuesday to Friday after next, at which point I will be more diligent in ensuring everyone gets a week exactly.
  • Under other circumstances, I might indeed vote @Sandy...but since I appreciate a close contest, I will follow Sandy's lead in voting for @Samuel101! As far as I'm concerned, we're ALL the winners in playing this game...
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Samuel for my vote this time round
  • Think I'll vote for @Sandy this time but I'm happy either way, both deserve it.
  • I return to my vote from last week. @Sandy for me.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks lads ;;)
    We pass the torch on to @Sandy this week.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    [img][/img]Yay! There are several worthy folks for this tribute, but @Sandy has always been in the part top of my list. =D>

Sandy is many things, all of which are a positive for our forum: thoughtful, caring, funny, keenly intelligent (a scientist, no less), a very longtime Bond fan and a die hard Sherlock Holmes fan, too. She participates with fervor, but never with rancor. She is mature, charming, and overall just a lovely person inside and out. Sandy may be a scientist but she looks more like a Bond girl than this: :-B She will help you rethink what a female scientist can look like. (And unlike Dr. Christmas Jones, Sandy has a perfectly good brain.) B-)

Sandy adds a lot to our MI6 community, so here's to you, Sandy! Cheers! Saúde! Come join us, Sandy; we're just waiting for you ...

(yes, I had a few photos I wanted to copy and paste and I have tried for some time now, but I cannot do it ... none of the pictures will show ... I'll just go cry in my Portuguese wine now ...) :
    I feel so honoured! I can't say anything else but thank you, this is a great forum and that shows in the smallest things and in the connections that form between members. Thank you :)

@4EverBonded thank you, for everything. You have become a great friend, did you know that? We are bonded in Bond and Sherlock. Oh, and thank for the "good brain" joke ;)
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Well, you are the real deal, Sandy. I respect you a lot for several reasons, and I admire they way you handle yourself through our topsy turvy world of Bond forum here.

I was trying to post a pic of Portuguese wine - would you be so kind Sandy? If there is a favorite wine - or any drink - of yours. I'd like to have picture (and a glassful) to toast you now. ;) Thanks, my friend.
    Well, although my favourite drink is probably Champagne, I think the moment asks for a Port, I am partial to the White Port wine.
    taylors-fine-white-port_17033416744ea51fa759b33.png
    Ah, I like a nice Port, too! Thanks, Sandy.
    And champagne is also in your future, I am sure!
    My salute to you, too, Sandy. I am proud, two Ladies here are in such high regard and they deserve it, too. :-*
    Thank you so much @Germanlady! You have not been forgotten in my "salute list".
  • Sandy is funny, thoughtful, she has great taste in music, she's very clever and she's posted some useful news too. She's a fantastic member and she deserves the appreciation :)
    Sandy wrote:
    Thank you so much @Germanlady! You have not been forgotten in my "salute list".

Not even TRY to bring me up ;) NOT a good idea. I would suffer such a fast death, that i couldn't say "Bond, james Bond" :-S
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sandy is a kind and funny member. She also has a great taste in movies. One time she suggested that @DarthDimi should go see a certain movie with his girlfriend and told her Sandy suggested it. It was a very funny event on the forum. Here's to you @Sandy! ;)
    My salutations to @Sandy. A very well liked and well respected member who has made more than her fair share of valid and thoughtful contributions to this forum. Many congratulations to you <:-P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    She's a dame to live for, kill for and die for. Much like her name implies, being around here is like being at the beach, the warm sun glistening off your skin, the ocean breeze running through your tangled hair, and the comfort of sand mushing between your toes. She is one of the world's foremost researchers, finding cures for various deadly illnesses, and doing so on only three hours of sleep and an empty stomach. She dances her way into Mordor, laughs in the face of danger, likes her cereal without any milk and drinks orange juice right from the carton. She constantly becomes accosted while walking out in the streets because her beauty and elegance are that of a queen, and men (some women too) hail from all corners of the earth to be her suitors. Her name stands for "helper" and "defender of mankind", titles quite worthy considering her contributions to the world. At just the age of ten she led a tactical assault on a corrupt government with the strength of her warriors and hearts of her fellow countrymen behind her as she overthrew the malicious order. While most kids were getting their driver's licenses and going to prom in their teenage years, she was off traveling the world, lending a hand anywhere she was able, striking revolutions against vindictive rulers and aiding the starving poor. Instead of settling into a steady career during her adulthood, she fought onwards, taking on even more dramatic world threats of the biochemical and nuclear nature, aiding a certain British secret agent more than once to stop deadly toxins from entering the atmosphere and halting World War III from kicking off. Though she isn't one to boast, she has also beaten the great Sherlock Holmes on more than one occasion, earning the honorable title of "the other woman" next to the equally formidable Irene Adler.

But as Oscar Wilde taught, it is important to be earnest, and @Sandy truly is a fantastic person and member of this forum. She's a dazzling debater, magnificent mind, amicable analyzer and measured member of the forum. Her penchant for intelligent discussion makes her a joy, and the steeled firmness she holds against antagonizers and trolls alike is admirable. It has always been a blast to discuss anything with her, and thanks to people like her and @4EverBonded, this forum has been a wonderful place to discuss both Bond and Holmes for me. Some of the greatest fun I have had is writing and posting my reviews of the Holmes stories, and getting to discuss them with equal minded intellectuals such as them, which has been a treat unto itself. To put it simply, @Sandy is more than worthy of all the applause in the world because of her contributions both on and off this forum. I am happy to pay tribute to her this week, but happier still to call her a fellow Bond fanatic, Holmesian, and most of all, a friend. I tip my hat to you, @Sandy!

gentleman.gif
    @thelivingroyale \m/ thanks a lot! The day one of our favourite bands get to record a Bond theme we will be two very happy Bond fans.

@Murdock much appreciated. I also cherish that story.

@WillyGalore much obliged to you sir.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I'm overwhelmed :\"> and how did you find out about my "affair" with Mr. Holmes? Don't tell me it was Watson, it must have been Watson [-( Now seriously, I am proud to call you my friend, and I appreciate enormously your salute.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Sandy, the pleasure was all mine. As for my knowledge regarding your bout with Holmes, I must admit that the leak did in fact come from Watson, but to be fair Sherlock gave him express permission to print it after the two year hold on it was lifted.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's good for any forum to have an even balance of male and female members but with the likes of @Sandy helping keep the, err, female end up, you can only hope other forums are following suit. Though it's not just for this reason that we love @Sandy, an all round good egg is another. So good in fact, my sulate to her comes off as rather bland! Lesson leant, better get in quicker next time.
  • @Sandy, good to see you're continuing the fine tradition of our honoree proving why they're being honored. You're another of our intelligent and valued members, without whom the forum would be immeasurably poorer, not to mention one of our lovely female members. Enjoy your well-earned time in the spotlight!
    @Samuel001 thank you for your words, you are never bland, not to me :)

@Soundofthesinners I aim to please! Thank you for the compliments.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,848
    @Sandy is a honey, one of our strong vibrant womewn on here. She's kind, articulate and funny with it. Plus, she has a great, teasing avatar of her arising Honeychile Rider-like from the ocean, only the twist is it's in outline only! I'm more than a little smitten by this beautiful young woman! :\"> So, enjoy your week and a half, lovely @Sandy, you deserve it!
    @Dragonpol, always the gentleman. Thank you for the compliments! I couldn't really show it all, could I? I strive on mystery ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sandy wrote:
    @Dragonpol, always the gentleman. Thank you for the compliments! I couldn't really show it all, could I? I strive on mystery ;)

Oh, I agree, you little tease. I agree, less is more, my lovely. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's an honour to salute @Sandy.

We've known each other for quite some time now and I've learned the following about Sandy from close observation:

A) Sandy is a woman of science.

My kind of woman.

B) Sandy is a woman.

And a remarkable woman at that. Bright, funny, forgiving - bless your heart!

C) Sandy is.

And that makes me happy.

Sandy, love, when you joined the boards I gained a friend. Here's a gift from Belgium:

chocolade-voor-website.gif
    @DarthDimi, how cheeky ;) I heartly accept the compliments and the chocolates! Thank you my friend >:D<