The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823
    if you don't like paparazzi magazines (or over here we call them Tabloid magazines) and sites like TMZ, then don't go see any movies.

IF you don't go see any movies, these unknown people do not become multi-millionaire famous actors and actresses; then the world won't have to salivate at each and every detail of their lives.

By going to see Dark Knight Rises or any of the movies they star in, you are as guilty as the people who buy the paparazzi magazines.

Just because you are not one of the millions who buy the paparazzi magazines and read their stories on TMZ, by going to see the movies they are in, you are still adding fuel to the fire.

IF ANYONE of us here was going to go to Hollywood tomorrow and become a famous movie star, people will be salivating over us too.

Look at these actors and actresses and other celebrities; they were once normal people like you and I before they became famous through TV, movies, some controversial event, music recording deal, etc etc

Take away the makeup and the glamour and the glitzy lights and the flashy mansions and expensive cars and overpriced jewelry and designer clothes, they are just like us.

Have you even look at some of these actors and say? He is not extremely good looking and he can't act his way out of a paper bag - I look better than he does and I can probably act better than he can; how did he become rich and famous?

Or said: how did she/he win American Idol and get a multi-million dollar recording contract? He/she can't sing even if his/her life depended on it!

It can happen to anyone of us!!

There was a girl back in the 80s when I was in my 20s. I chased her for months and she wouldn't do anything with me.

So one day I told her: "If I go to Hollywood tomorrow and become famous and girls will be screaming at me everywhere, you will want to sleep with me then"

She thought about that for a while; decided I was right; I got her that night!

Problem solved!

It's all about perception, people!!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Films are works of art, gossip magazines are trash.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Films are works of art, gossip magazines are trash.
    not all films... look at Uwe Boll...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know DC, Creasy, (haha that sounds funny!) that the real issue lies with the craving for idols that goes with the pop culture, it doesn't sit well with me. This is partly why I'm so anti-pop culture, anti-facebook, anti-pop music, anti-reality TV, etc. Anyhow, again, sorry about going on a tangent. (Math people LOVE to use math terms in every day life ;) )

So in an attempt to go back on topic, let me ask this as I`m no huge fan of the series, have not followed much in this thread, but have seen all flicks: is this a remake? I've seen mention of catwoman, I suppose they're re-making graphic novel stories?
    My apologies on going off topic again, but I think I love you. I couldn't be more anti-all the things you listed if I tried.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 14,882
    A picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman has been released...
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2820/original/DKRkylebig.jpeg?1312533897
    What, a scoop like this and it hasn't come from our pictorial correspondent?
    Not sure about the google things, but it is Anne Hathaway, so she should be able to make anything look hot. Like the leather.
    Good work @H007MER.

;-)
    He'd just find a way to attack the film through it.
    Not sure about the google things,
    In the Nolanverse, the costumes have always emphasised practicality first. I've seen a lot of people complain that the costume isn't sexy enough, but Selina Kyle/Catwoman's character isn't built solely on sex appeal. And nor should she be.

Besides, she's probably wearing the goggles to stop bugs getting in her eyes at 50km/h ...
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Thanks for the photo, H007MER . Unfortunately, I'm not feeling that look. I hope that's just a hint at the final look for Catwoman. Where are the cat ears?

I understand that they're going for a different look to previous live-action versions of Catwoman but this doesn't feel so much like an iconic Catwoman to me.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,490
    I was thinking that what she is wearing is just a prototype until she finds out what will be the real, full outfit.

I just don't expect anything too far-fetched with her outfit, for Nolan is going for as realistic an approach as he can get.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-set-pics-offer-view-catwoman/

Double post, wanted to do so to bump the topic. These set pics give a better view of the Catwoman outfit, as worn by Anne's stunt double.
    Meh. I'm not feeling it either. It's just a "cat burglar" costume. I was at least hoping for a hint of cat in the ear area. The hi-tech goggles and cat burglar costume isn't exactly catwoman enough.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's no different than what I think many thought we'd get. Something very akin to the 2000-ish costume.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Watching Begins now for the first time (I saw DK in the theatre upon release). To tell you the truth, DKR does not excite me. In fact, my feeling of the Nolan reboot is waning as time passes. I'm enjoying Begins so far; it's a well made film, the story is fine, and the dialogue and acting are all pretty strong for Hollywood standards (but then again look at the cast! Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Michael 'frickin' Caine!). But I'm starting to feel the 'fun' of Batman is missing. I understand they are focusing on the more serious Alan Moore/Jeff Loeb take on the comic. But at the end of the day, it's still a guy in a batsuit--to me that's funny. Yet they take the subject matter so damn seriously that it's almost unbelievable. I was buying all the backstory about how and why he became Batman: but I gotta say, the first time you see him in full batsuit, I almost damn near started laughing.

The Tim Burton 'concept' of Batman worked because the context was still that of a fantasy. Yes it was dark, but it still felt like an imaginary place that 'could' be a real place like New York. Every element from the characters to the cityscape to the car were all comic book exaggerations. This idea can of course be taken too far (Forever, B&R--they should have stopped the series after Returns). The problem with the Nolan series though is that they try to force this exaggerated fantasy comic book hero into the real world. It's not believable. That said, I actually think the Nolan films are probably better films than Batman 1989-1997, but the conception of Batman (at least up through Returns, and maybe even the villains in Forever) was more plausible in the context of the series. So I just see DKR as another Batman Begins--lots of platitudes, violence, gritty realism and a guy running and flying around in a bat suit.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Watching Begins now for the first time (I saw DK in the theatre upon release). To tell you the truth, DKR does not excite me. In fact, my feeling of the Nolan reboot is waning as time passes. I'm enjoying Begins so far; it's a well made film, the story is fine, and the dialogue and acting are all pretty strong for Hollywood standards (but then again look at the cast! Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Michael 'frickin' Caine!). But I'm starting to feel the 'fun' of Batman is missing. I understand they are focusing on the more serious Alan Moore/Jeff Loeb take on the comic. But at the end of the day, it's still a guy in a batsuit--to me that's funny. Yet they take the subject matter so damn seriously that it's almost unbelievable. I was buying all the backstory about how and why he became Batman: but I gotta say, the first time you see him in full batsuit, I almost damn near started laughing.

The Tim Burton 'concept' of Batman worked because the context was still that of a fantasy. Yes it was dark, but it still felt like an imaginary place that 'could' be a real place like New York. Every element from the characters to the cityscape to the car were all comic book exaggerations. This idea can of course be taken too far (Forever, B&R--they should have stopped the series after Returns). The problem with the Nolan series though is that they try to force this exaggerated fantasy comic book hero into the real world. It's not believable. That said, I actually think the Nolan films are probably better films than Batman 1989-1997, but the conception of Batman (at least up through Returns, and maybe even the villains in Forever) was more plausible in the context of the series. So I just see DKR as another Batman Begins--lots of platitudes, violence, gritty realism and a guy running and flying around in a bat suit.
    Meh. I'm not feeling it either. It's just a "cat burglar" costume. I was at least hoping for a hint of cat in the ear area. The hi-tech goggles and cat burglar costume isn't exactly catwoman enough.

Finally, people starting to see my point of view on why Nolan's Batman movies are over-rated and inferior to Tim Burton's!!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Those films are for die hard fans who like the history of Batman @JBFan626. The realism is a new take from Schumacher's pieces of garbage. Batman Begins could have been bad critically and in the eye of the fans. Believe it or not Caine, Bale, Oldman, Neeson, and even God himself Morgan Freeman have mad bad movies. All stars are infallible. I like the serious take on Batman. The Dark Knight hit me like a bus and the workings of the film are so poetic. Heath has given a performance worthy of his Oscar, and he would have won it even if he was still with us. He was chilling, frightening and cold. It's alright if you don't like the films @JBFan626, and thank you for doing what many fail to do:Give actual points on why you don't like it. All in all I hope we all get a great Batman film next summer. :-D
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 2,782
    it's only one shot, it's only a costume. I'm more interested in more than the look. I want to see her character explained and explored in a more adult way, like they did with Batman in the first movie.

I think it's refreshing and if she is burglar, it's what they would wear isn't it? And hasn't she damaged her eyes in Nolanverse - so she wears hi-tech googles? I do like her hair and I like the fact the she hasn't dressed up as a cat, what's next, dressing up as a bat?

And don't worry for all those fanboys here, I'm sure we will see lots of ass shots of the new cat woman, if that's what you're missing.

http://www.topnews.in/files/Anne-Hathaway.jpg

Haha, I don´t know what you guys are looking for, but I think that stunt lady looks pretty gorgeous in that leather :-D .

Finally, people starting to see my point of view on why Nolan's Batman movies are over-rated and inferior to Tim Burton's!!

Not necessary.

Batman Returns > The Dark Knight > Batman > Batman Begins.

For both Burton and Nolan, I like the second movie the best. Although Burton made the best bat-picture with Returns.

• more pics here and she looks hot - so much for my intellectual catwoman - nice legs and bike position:

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/2011/08/heres-anne-hathaway-as-catwoman.html
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    more pics here and she looks hot - so much for my intellectual catwoman - nice legs and bike position:

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/2011/08/heres-anne-hathaway-as-catwoman.html
    those other photos are her stunt double!!

yup!

I am not feeling the Catwoman Love either!!

I like these photos better (with Marion Cotillard):

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/o5pqs1t9axoms7t6m7tom3109n9063h3/
    A picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman has been released...
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2820/original/DKRkylebig.jpeg?1312533897

;-)
    I was at work - I still have to work from time to time and remind them who is boss.

Plus DKR is not on my every day priority list of Photo Search

;)
    :O

I get this Talia Al Ghul vibe from that picture. Must be because of what she's wearing. She definitely is Al Ghul (hopefully) in reality.
    I already posted those, anyway.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    now, thanks to Photoshop and a friend of mine....

http://www.imagebam.com/image/8b1bc2143663004

I realize it's far from perfect and that the "cat ears" look more like bat ears but I do think I would prefer her with a cowl.

Anyway, I really hope that she does don the cowl as people are reporting she will. Let's cross fingers for official confirmation soon.

I realize that Nolan wants to go for a more realistic approach but come on... this is Batman. There's a guy wearing a bat suit... So there's no reason Catwoman shouldn't have a complete look that echoes previous Catwoman designs.

I'm not going to make assumptions based on the first official still of Catwoman but I will feel disappointed if this is her look throughout the film.

I'm still rooting for Anne Hathaway http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/anne-hathaway-02.jpg to give a great performance.

• edited August 2011 Posts: 2,107
    Maybe Batman caught her and unmasked her. Would also explain why she's joyriding the batbike.

edit: or is that her own catbike. Seems a bit different looking with the colorin' n all.
    The current theory on the internet seems to be this:

And a warning, it could be very spoilery.

Posing as Miranda Tate, Talia al Ghul infiltrates Wayne Enterprises. There, she finds the applied sciences division, housing a fleet of Tumblers and Batpods (with revised designs). So as not to blow her cover, Talia commissions Selina Kyle to orchestrate the theft of these vehicles with the aid of the League of Shadows, which are then used to attack Blackgate Penitentiary to break Bane out of prison. Batman intervenes in the battle, but the breakout is a success. Selina may flee the scene as she knows who Bane is and doesn't want to be in the same zip code, or she may feel that the job has been completed and she has no place being there any longer than is necessary.

As for why she does not have a cowl, it could have something to do with her characterisation. She is, after all, a thief. I could see her stealing something in plain view, when wearing a cowl would be too obvious and make her stand out. For all we know, she only decides to wear one after the scenes on the Batpod because a) she's riding a Batpod and b) the guy who invented it is nearby.

But I still think far too many people are getting hung up on the costume. There's more to Catwoman than skintight leather.
    Or this is a pre shooting pic and Anne/stuntwoman HASN't put it on yet

Or it's not in this scene....

And good thinking on the maranda front

Also theres a street wise Gotham girl in the cast.... Nolan said no robin but nothing about batgirl....
    They're setting up for Saturday's shoot in Pittsburgh. Possible spoilers follow:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80804
    The current theory on the internet seems to be this:

And a warning, it could be very spoilery.

Right. Anything the internet says is absolutely correct and true. Nolan will actually have a good plot. Not whatever a few Facebook imbeciles drew no doubt.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Batman Returns > The Dark Knight > Batman > Batman Begins.
    I think I'd have them as this
    Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > Batman Forever > Batman and Robin > Batman Returns > Batman

I just watched the Burton ones for the first time recently, holly crap did they ever suck!