Spectre rumor bin

Comments

If I had to guess it was that talking about the death of bonds parents in skyfall felt a little batman-ish
    If I had to guess it was that talking about the death of bonds parents in skyfall felt a little batman-ish
    The latest thing I have seen is what is on the website regarding Helen Mirren. Idris Elba for Bond villain?!!! Yes please!!! :D
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Was there ever any hint that Bond's parents were murdered? I didn't ever get that from anything.

Rumor bin is kind empty. I do hope to hear about Deakins on board next, but I'd also love to know the villain. Do you think the script is done? Are they far enough along to start asking actors about playing the villain?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,081
    Was there ever any hint that Bond's parents were murdered? I didn't ever get that from anything.

No there wasn't, and I didn't either.
    Besides, we already knew that they died in an accident, so...

I'd also loooove to hear good news regarding Deakins. [-O<
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

Rumor bin is kind empty. I do hope to hear about Deakins on board next, but I'd also love to know the villain. Do you think the script is done? Are they far enough along to start asking actors about playing the villain?

I think the script may be in decent shape by now. Logan and Mendes supposedly hammered out some ground ideas last year so if nothing has changed they continue on from there. It may very well be more than a draft, and i'm sure they're eyeing for people but that's nothing is definite - yet.
    I heard a rumor many moons forthwith; that M will die.
    So the Helen Mirran thing is interesting I hate to say it but until 2014 I fear this place will be very quiet.
    Any Blofeld rumours would be most welcome!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    So the Helen Mirran thing is interesting I hate to say it but until 2014 I fear this place will be very quiet.

I know I said it elsewhere, but I think Mirren as the head of Quantum (I know a few of us have stated our interest in the head of Quantum being played by a woman) would be a good choice, though if it comes to thinking of an even better choice for a female head, I'd go with Tilda Swinton or (level with me) Brigitte Nielsen, circa 'Beverly Hills Cop II.'
    Something official would be even better than rumours! [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Something official would be even better than rumours! [-O<

Like the return of Deakins...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2013 Posts: 4,442
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11063&t=mi6&s=news

Roland Emmerich wants to direct a future Bond film
    Bond News - 05-09-13
    "Independence Day" director Roland Emmerich has gone on the record that he wants to direct a future James Bond film.

In a new interview with Yahoo Movies, the director dispelled a myth that he was once under consideration for the job on "Die Another Day" in 2002 (directed by Lee Tamahori) but admits he woudl be up for the job now, “Especially after the last one [‘Skyfall’],” he said, “because they’ve finally have the guts to go in different moods.”

He added: “I think [directing] a classic Bond film, no. But if they would let me do my Bond film the same way they let English director Sam Mendes do his Bond film, then that’d be interesting. Have a word with Barbara Broccoli when you get back.”

Emmerich 's next big project is "Independence Day 2"

"Skyfall" director Sam Mendes will be back to helm Bond 24 in 2015 with Daniel Craig donning 007's tuxedo for the fourth time. He is contracted for five films.
  • 'Pots and kettles' springs to mind seeing as all of Emmerich's films are a poor excuse for a CGI-fest with absolutely no plot or character development. I would personally hunt down M&B if they ever let this guy ever near Bond.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh god I hope not. Emmerich is as overrated as Michael Bay. We'd have another DAD on our hands.
  • Emmerich makes Tamahori look like a good director.

(OK he doesn't, but I'm just emphasising how much I don't like him).
    If Emmerich directs a Bond film, then we know the plot already: finding out who is responsible for blowing up the White House.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If Emmerich directs a Bond film, then we know the plot already: finding out who is responsible for blowing up the White House.

and star Channing Tatum as Bond. :))
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

and star Channing Tatum as Bond. :))

Also starring Will Smith as M! Can't forget. Out of all of the director's I've heard throw their name into the 'directing rumor bin' for Bond films, I think the only one I'm really interested in is Christopher Nolan. I would love to see a Tarantino or Michael Mann Bond film, but I'm sure the former's would be way too different and the latter's style would be so different that people would probably hate it. I'm sure I would love it, though.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Actually, Buckingham Palace being blown up could be interesting.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited September 2013 Posts: 108
    M_Balje wrote:
    Roland Emmerich wants to direct a future Bond film
    Bond News - 05-09-13
    I hope his wish doesn't come true. Emmerich is precisely that type of "generic action" director who should never be hired for a modern James Bond film. He falls into the same category as Rob Cohen.
  • I read an article that said Ariel Winter was being considered for 24's love interest. And I mean, yeah, she's cute and all, but still, underage Bond Girl, eeeeeeewwwww. Bond himself agrees, doesn't he, Bibi?

Thankfully, upon closer inspection, I found the article was hosted on a parody site.
  • BGDBGD
    <blockquote>Thankfully, upon closer inspection, I found the article was hosted on a parody site.</blockquote>
    Which, I daresay, would merit its, ahem, <u>exclusion</u> from this thread.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    http://www2.biusante.parisdescartes.fr/wordpress/index.php/james-bond-24-bons-baisers-biu-sante/

Translation:

James Bond 24: good kissing BIU Health
    biusante published by April 1, 2014
    A scene from the next James Bond turned to the BIU Health

After the Bibliothèque Sainte -Geneviève , chosen by Martin Scorsese for a scene of his film Hugo Cabret (2011) , it was the turn of another Parisian library, BIU Health , to be chosen as a location by producers Hollywood . And it is nothing less than the most famous secret agent of his gracious majesty that our institution has had the honor of hosting it a few days ago , for the filming of a scene from the next episode of the series , Another Way to kill - if this is indeed the final title that will be used ( James Bond 24).

Mr. Cobolet , director of the BIU Health , received Sunday, March 30 ( in the greatest secrecy ) Sam Mendes , the director, Daniel Craig , who plays James Bond, as well as the technical team for the realization of a scene in the reading room of the Medicine pole. The sequence consists of a filmed interview turning psychological confrontation between James Bond and his nemesis , Blofeld , finally back in the series in the guise of actor Benedict Cumberbatch . Regulation of the library , which does not normally allow animals in the reading room was exceptionally relaxed so that the British comedian can hold her white angora cat.
    Only authorized Photo : Cat Blofeld enthroned before the paper library files .

Director Sam Mendes Cobolet thanked for its hospitality and said he was very pleased with the decor and light , which he considered a perfect fit with the desired intensity for this scene . He returned the next day his team and the rest of the cast , Ralph Fiennes (M) , Naomie Harris ( Moneypenny ), Ben Wishaw (Q) and Penelope Cruz ( new Bond girl ) , for other sequences shot Paris. These would include a large action scene having the Esplanade des Invalides framework .

James Bond 24th name released in the UK October 23, 2015.

Picking apart the rumour

- possible title: 'Another Way to Kill'

- scenes filmed at The Inter-University Science Library (BIUS) and L'Hôtel national des Invalides, Paris

- psychological confrontation between Bond and Blofeld (Benedict Cumberbatch) complete with white cat

- Bond girl: Penelope Cruz

It's certainly high time Bond went to Canada, and I do see Cruz as a Bond girl. Is it merely nonsensical ramblings, an April fools joke, or could it be something more?
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Well, what on earth do we know about the source?

It smells like just someone having a lark, And it's on a blog, for pity's sake.
    How can this not be a joke?
  • RC7RC7
    Do you understand the concept of April Fool's, @QBranch?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Of course I do. That's why I'm taking it with a grain a salt.
    Yes you did mention that it may be a joke.
    Salt shaker all around then. :D
  • RC7RC7
    QBranch wrote:
    Of course I do. That's why I'm taking it with a grain a salt.

Every bit of it is false. I was stumped as to why you'd think for a moment that there may be something more to it.