Going away or coming back?

Comments

I'm back. Sorry I disappeared, I was buried under a ton of work and projects I'm currently working on and something had to give. I volunteered to do something for a development team I'm working with and didn't realized it entailed so much work. I kept trying to get on here but just didn't seem to have the time. I know my absence was brief, but I'm looking to get back on here and talking with everyone.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm back again. MI6 and AJB are the best James Bond sites around, so I'm staying for good, if you'll all have me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 23,550
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I'm back again. MI6 and AJB are the best James Bond sites around, so I'm staying for good, if you'll all have me.

Just pay the £25/month fee and we're good. Included in our goods & services will be 0.5 lb of Belgian chocolates and a date with Justin Bieber. ;-)

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Just pay the £25/month fee and we're good. Included in our goods & services will be 0.5 lb of Belgian chocolates and a date with Justin Bieber. ;-)
    tumblr_lgfrb3YQkI1qfut6go1_500.jpg
    I need a psychiatrist now. :-S
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I need a psychiatrist now. :-S

Haha sorry @DarthDimi, I couldn't resist. =))
    The mere thought... That's one nail in my coffin. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    The mere thought... That's one nail in my coffin. ;-)

It will never happen luckily. ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh and I was eating breakfast as I saw that fake poster ...ugh!

Anyway, welcome and do stay like glue, let's stick together, dear @Dragonpol.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote:

You will always find a welcome mat at this particular door, @Dragonpol. Here is to being forever Bonded by our favorite agent. :)>-
    Hey all, I haven't been on in a while, and may be on a hiatus for a while. My wife and I recently welcomed our daughter, so a lot of sleepless nights. I just noticed a select # of 007 films are back on Netflix! So I just may be in for a treat. If I can pop in again soon I will. But just wanted to say thanks to all for the great conversations and looking forward to catching up again soon. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    @JBFan626, it is nice to see you again, no matter how brief. I am glad nothing bad has befallen you in your absence and am proud to congratulate both you and the missus on your baby girl! Until we meet again, I wish you all the best, and just know that you will always have a place here at MI6 wherever life takes you.

Cheers,
    Brady

:)>-
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Congrats, @JBFan626! :-bd
    Glad you updated us, and pop in when you can. We are glad you are a member here.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Hopefully we'll see you again soon @JBFan626. I'll keep your seat warm. :)

Congratulations on your baby girl.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Congratulations on your baby!
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Hey all, I haven't been on in a while, and may be on a hiatus for a while. My wife and I recently welcomed our daughter, so a lot of sleepless nights. I just noticed a select # of 007 films are back on Netflix! So I just may be in for a treat. If I can pop in again soon I will. But just wanted to say thanks to all for the great conversations and looking forward to catching up again soon. :)

Great news, @JBFan626! A warm welcome to your baby girl.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Congratulations @JBFan626. I hope your baby girl is a healthy and quiet one and let's you and your wife sleep at night.
    Do you need a fulltime caregiver? To help?
    I have three Cambodian/Thai girls to come round 14 times a week for basic physio, cleaning. Got a govt grant to pick up the tab :')
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Please let us know if you're out for a while or coming back from a short absence. As this thread will only be used to list up sufficiently relevant absences, I must urge everyone to consider the following two rules:

1) Only absences of 4 days or more should make the list. Shorter absences are too common and will render the list impractical.

2) No replies or comments to going away or coming back alerts should be made in this thread. They reduce the efficiency of the list.

@Judi2013fan_MeetBond as you can see this thread is not for an alert when you go to the doctors. If you persist to spam the forum like this you will find yourself with a warning. The trolling nature of some of your posts has certainly given me cause for concern.
    Your eyesight and disability do not need to be discussed in every post you make. I am sorry for your way of life, but alerting everyone to your issue is unlike many people I know who are disabled. Most prefer not to bring attention to it, and carry on a normal life.
    I suggest if you wish to make your stay here more permanent that you take the advice of long established members and in particular the moderators and site admin. All are welcome, yet spamming, trolling and causing a nuisance are not.
    Thank-you.
    @Benny, thanks for clearing some of that up. Some of us don't mind sharing out disabilities with others who are interested for awareness purposes. Not fair to be pigeonholed for that based on what other disabled people do?
    Coming back, been very busy lately.
  • Will be going away for a while. Details as to why can be found in my post here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/237697#Comment_237697

I'll check back in the future to see if anything's changed.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 23,550
    Will be going away for a while. Details as to why can be found in my post here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/237697#Comment_237697

@thelordflasheart, We're doing what we can! God knows how much time I've spent these past weeks deleting numerous spammy post; you don't even see half of it. But let's not get worked up over it, please, friends! We still care, you see, and we continue to labour hard against these trolls. They can be ignored. The flagging works well.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Sorry to read this. There's only one thing I can say: I enjoy reading your posts, you've been a steady member for quite some time (and I must admit, the coollest name of us all). There's a way through ths though. Mark the discussions you like and trolls don't find easily and post there, like the old goats thread (you know which one I mean, the ancient agents' one ;-) ). Don't bother reading everything. I myself work about 60 hours a week and still enjoy these forums when I get the chance to visit here. It's people like you that make it youfull, and I've learned to ignore the idiots with the stupid usernames and punctuationproblems. They're always the trolls, so I just skip their posts.
    Anyway, I hope you'll stay around. People like Darth need some support from us ;-)

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2019 Posts: 17,808
    I for one am very much for staying around and not quitting in the face of idiot troll attacks though I do think more needs to be done to nip this problem in the bud and ensure a fair and free clean environment for all of the good users here on MI6 Community. I'll say no more than that. The mods know of my concerns but I'm at least here for the long haul. So stand up! Stand up! Stand up and FIGHT!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you'll reconsider.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Oh no, not you @thelordflasheart. You are one of the few memers that still make the forum worth it. If you leave iy will be a huge nail in the coffin so please, I beg, don't [-O<
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Sandy wrote:
    Oh no, not you @thelordflasheart. You are one of the few memers that still make the forum worth it. If you leave iy will be a huge nail in the coffin so please, I beg, don't [-O<

He won't leave, if there is word, that some of our concerns have been taken into serious consideration instead of being silenced with " we do our best to delete all the spam"

Of course, a spam attack over night is nobodies fault, but the constant trolling by the same people is. And no, Dimi, the flagging doesn't work well. Not when all that's done is deleting the posts. Sorry...

Just posted this elsewhere, too:

Please - and I mean this so sincerely - do not leave this forum,
    @thelordflasheart. You are a valued member.

I am trying to hang in here and would sorely miss your posts. I spent 45 minutes on this forum, just reading a bit here and there last evening - and I did not see three of our usual trolls. They just were not active. It was a pleasant surprise. I know we have had wave after wave of trolls and the boards have been filled with stupidity, garbage, and worse. But please stay. The heart and foundation of this forum is really excellent and worthwhile. You are a big part of that.