Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    @JWESTBROOK, I would like to think they will. I wonder if they're going to manage getting Patton, Renner, Pegg, and (hopefully) Rhames back. Any one of the latter three not returning will mess up the continuity from the ending of the fourth, and I really want Rhames back.

I'm sure if one of them can't make it, they'll mention it somewhere it will fit.

But, Renner is more than likely to after Bourne didn't go so well..
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, probably. I thought of that after posting.

Renner's return makes me question the fate of 'Bourne' now. I suppose they're continuing with another, but count me uninterested in it.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @JWESTBROOK, probably. I thought of that after posting.

Renner's return makes me question the fate of 'Bourne' now. I suppose they're continuing with another, but count me uninterested in it.

I'm one of the few that enjoyed Legacy. Nothing like the first three, but I was still able to enjoy it. But I like Renner better for MI.
  • I reckon eventually they'll convince Damon to do the 5th Bourne movie where Cross and Bourne team up and then it'll all line up and the shortcomings of 'Legacy' will be forgotten. That said I think Renner was a better fit for Mission Impossible than he was in Bourne Legacy but mainly because I don't think anyone really could have followed in Damon's footsteps.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    As Gustav and others have mentioned, MI is the most likely to continue? I know Ethan Hunt is in each one! However MI is a more team based movie, so any of the other actors already featured could take over the series? I have not seen the 4th one yet! But i am sure i will enjoy it! :-bd
    Have you seen MI3?

Yep have seen the first 3. Just not had the opportunity to se GP yet. I did enjoy MI3 though to answer your question. Did you enjoy it?

Yes, I do enjoy it. And since you have seen all of them (3 especially), this film will be very much improved for you. See it ASAP! \m/

Reading this does please me, will try to see it asap!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    As Gustav and others have mentioned, MI is the most likely to continue? I know Ethan Hunt is in each one! However MI is a more team based movie, so any of the other actors already featured could take over the series? I have not seen the 4th one yet! But i am sure i will enjoy it! :-bd
    Have you seen MI3?

Yep have seen the first 3. Just not had the opportunity to se GP yet. I did enjoy MI3 though to answer your question. Did you enjoy it?

Yes, I do enjoy it. And since you have seen all of them (3 especially), this film will be very much improved for you. See it ASAP! \m/

You won't regret it, mate. :)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Have you seen MI3?

You won't regret it, mate. :)

Excellent! Will post my thoughts once i have seen it!
  • If someone likes #3 they'll likely enjoy #4. Ghost Protocol is like an expanded, block-buster version of M:I 3.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    dragonsky wrote:
    MI wasn't really good,MI2 was kinda ok.MI3 was pretty good and MI4 is really good :)
    MI2 is my favourite because it relies the least on realism, 3 & 4 are very well done though. Despite budget & production, merely pale Bond copiers IMO.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:
    MI wasn't really good,MI2 was kinda ok.MI3 was pretty good and MI4 is really good :)
    MI2 is my favourite because it relies the least on realism, 3 & 4 are very well done though. Despite budget & production, merely pale Bond copiers IMO.

Yeah, MI2 is pretty over the top. MI3 and 4 are a little more grounded, but they also weren't directed by John Woo. :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    MI3 and 4 are a little more grounded, but they also weren't directed by John Woo. :))
    Woo is da man.
    chrisisall wrote:
    MI3 and 4 are a little more grounded, but they also weren't directed by John Woo. :))
    Woo is da man.
    For over the top action, there isn't much better. MI2 is a hell of a non-stop fun bus. Leave most of your brain at the door.
    I loved MI2 - it's my favorite, with GP just behind it, then MI, then MI3. I just wasn't crazy about Abrams work on the third one - it was pretty dull to me.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I loved MI2 - it's my favorite, with GP just behind it, then MI, then MI3. I just wasn't crazy about Abrams work on the third one - it was pretty dull to me.

WHAT WAS THE RABBIT'S FOOT?! That seriously bugs me to this day and makes MI3 a lesser film for me. And I don't want a Macguffin answer.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you don't have a choice: that's exactly what it was. I don't even think they went into it with a placeholder idea, just a Macguffin.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you don't have a choice: that's exactly what it was. I don't even think they went into it with a placeholder idea, just a Macguffin.

But...but it...it can't... :((
    Creasy47 wrote:

Just like: (regarding 'Pulp Fiction')
    What in the hell is in the briefcase?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Just like: (regarding 'Pulp Fiction')
    What in the hell is in the briefcase?

But that wasn't the complete centerpiece of the story that almost every character was trying to secure. Pulp Fiction is so meaty with characters and arcs that there are plenty of focuses, but in MI3 THIS THING IS THE MISSION. And it's Quentin, so it's expected, haha. Plus he did it just to do it, while the MI3 team likely did it because they were stuck or didn't know where to take the story. If I ever see JJ in public I'll give him a good flick in the ear, and then say nice job on MI4 to make up for it as police take me away. I should probably have him sign something before all this though...Yeah, that's a good idea... :D
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Personally I thought it was a good idea not to tell what was in the rabbit's foot. The rabbit's foot wasn't what was important, not to Ethan anyway. He just wanted to save his wife.
    Personally I thought it was a good idea not to tell what was in the rabbit's foot. The rabbit's foot wasn't what was important, not to Ethan anyway. He just wanted to save his wife.

That is exactly how I felt - it didn't matter, he just wanted to clear his name and save his wife from Owen.
  • I was disappointed in the 2nd film.

I expected a mix of a spy film and a John Woo film and what I got was a generic action film with the odd bits that reminded you it was a John Woo film.
    Creasy47 wrote:

WHAT WAS THE RABBIT'S FOOT?! That seriously bugs me to this day and makes MI3 a lesser film for me. And I don't want a Macguffin answer.

DO NOT watch RONIN in your case. ;)

• as some of you may have seen, i've been writing about every 007 picture on my movie blog and i've now moved to blogging each M:I entry. I hope they continue to a fifth, as I'm sure they will. It's been quite an impressive franchise in my view and MIGP might be the best so far.

http://toddmthatcher.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/the-ethan-hunt-files-mission-impossible/
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
    Tom Cruise has officially signed on to star in, and produce, Mission: Impossible V.

Almost as exciting as a new Bond film for me.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tom Cruise has officially signed on to star in, and produce, Mission: Impossible V.

Almost as exciting as a new Bond film for me.

Great!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    And with Chris McQuarrie (Jack Reacher) directing, it should be in safe hands.

Hopefully it's out for Christmas 2015.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/tom-cruise-signs-deal-to-star-in-mission-impossible-5-will-chris-mcquarrie-direct/
    I think McQuarrie has two choices to choose from now, in terms of directing.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 9,770
    oh what two?

Also I'm happy. hopefully Renner comes?
    The remake of the 60's 'Ice Station Zebra' or 'Mission: Impossible V.' I'm under the impression he's attached to the former while deciding on the latter.