Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I love Ice Station Zebra. It's a great slice of 60's cold war suspense/action/drama. Here is the IMDB site for those to young be aware of it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063121/?ref_=sr_1
    A little trivia, the score is by Michel Legrand who also did Never Say Never Again
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That sounds like a very intriguing, exciting plot. I may have to check it out if I can get my hands on it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Here's the press release:

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions has announced that Tom Cruise has signed-on to star and produce a 5th installment in the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE franchise. The actor will reprise the role of Ethan Hunt, who was first introduced to moviegoers in 1996.

The project is expected to announce a writer and also a director shortly and will be developed by Cruise, Paramount and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot, who served as producers on previous films in the hit series. Skydance Productions, who served as co-financers and executive producers of the last installment will work closely with the team in the development and production process.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Tom on ‘Mission:Impossible’ once again,” said Paramount Pictures President and CEO Brad Grey. “The last installment of the Mission series was the biggest in the life of this franchise. Tom has been at the heart of its success and we look forward to his great talent, and the continued global appeal for another Mission, to drive fans around the world to the next chapter of this series.”

Tom Cruise has achieved extraordinary success as an actor, producer, and philanthropist in a career spanning over three decades. He is a three-time Academy Award® nominee and three-time Golden Globe Award winner whose filmshave earned in excess of eight billion dollars worldwide—an incomparable accomplishment. Fifteen of Cruise’s films have grossed over one hundred million dollars in the United States alone and nineteen have grossed over two hundred million globally, including OBLIVION, which is currently in release.

The 4th installment in the globally successful franchise “Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol,” earned nearly $700M around the world and became Cruise’s highest grossing film to date in his storied career.

The “Mission: Impossible” franchise has earned over $2B at the worldwide box office, making it one of the most successful franchises in movie history.
    Still not got round to seeing GP yet! Must get to watch it asap!
    Drew Pearce will write the film. Production could begin later this year. Things can be done quickly, EON should take note.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/iron-man-3-writer-drew-522408
    looking forward as the last two were really excellent actioners.
    Cool looking forward to this film
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It pains me that that this film is getting traction and yet Bond 24, off the back if a billion dollar grossing movie can't even get a director. Worse yet, rumours if a 2016 release date for Bond 24??? Madness!
    doubleoego wrote:
    It pains me that that this film is getting traction and yet Bond 24, off the back if a billion dollar grossing movie can't even get a director. Worse yet, rumours if a 2016 release date for Bond 24??? Madness!

Personally I wish all 3 "spy" franchise I am interested in ran smoothly like well oiled machines (Bond Hunt and MacGyver easiest of the 80's shows to adapt in a serious thriller nature and yet its 2013 and we are still patiently waiting)
    With Logan's contract inked in June it makes you wonder what's been going on the last year and how things may still not be ready to go. Let's see if Craig books anything for next year first, so far that should be more telling. Last we knew he was ready to go next January.

The next Mission: Impossible could beat Bond to the punch at this point, it is upsetting.
    But it might not for all we know tomorrow they could announce something like this

Tony Gilroy to Direct Bond 24

Tony Gilroy Director of the Bourne Legacy has been choosen to direct Bond 24 to be released November 2014....

Like I said lets have a little patience
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    doubleoego wrote:
    Worse yet, rumours if a 2016 release date for Bond 24???

God I hope that isn't true. I wouldn't be thrilled if I had to wait until 2015 but 2016? Another 4 bloody years?!

I'm sounding ungrateful and maybe I got too used to having a Bond film every 2 years back in the 90s but I'm sick of these long gaps. Since GE (almost 20 years ago) we've had only 6 movies.

Also, the longer we wait, the less Bond films we get out of Craig. Not only is he a great Bond that they should try and keep, there's also the issue of another long gap when he eventually moves on and they have to search for a new actor.
    If we get Bond in 2016 then please, just get rid of Craig because clearly by this point they're not taking him seriously. He's the best thing to happen to the series in decades and he's being squandered unnecessarily. I'm off to the, who should be Bond next? thread.
    2016 has only come about due to MGM's "within three years" comment earlier in the year. Three years from now is 2016 by these comments are likely referring to the time from when Skyfall was released. It will be 2014 or 2015 and we'll find out within months which year it is.
    All MI5 and Bond 24 has is a writer and some returning cast so honestly I think people need to relax a bit.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    All MI5 and Bond 24 has is a writer and some returning cast so honestly I think people need to relax a bit.

I am inclined to agree. So much speculation has been going on and panties put in a knot over something we still don't know that much about and only have shotty news reports about it to lean on.
    Cruise dropped out of Uncle to put this as his main focus
    Good news too is production begins this September. This could be out next December then.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    Cruise dropped out of Uncle to put this as his main focus

For a second, I forgot that this was the M:I V thread, and thought Cruise was focusing on 'Bond 24.'
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Good news too is production begins this September. This could be out next December then.

Which I would be fine with
    How awesome would it be if UNCLE, MI:V and Bond 24 all came out in the same year.
    What a 2014 that would be. It's possible too. Let's see how things develop.
    I am hoping for video games for Bond 24 and MI5 maybe on 360 again as I really don't want to buy next gen consoles
    I loved Michael Kaplan's costume design in MI4, but the movie was far from Brilliant.

The movies lack the style and panache of the original series.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I thought Ghost Protocol was the best MI film since the first one. 2 and 3 didn't really do it for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Style is something MI4 had in spades as far as I am concerned. A beautiful film in every sense.
    I wouldn't call MI:GP 'brilliant' either, but it was indeed great fun. I own the first three, I really need to pick that one up sooner or later....
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,451
    Christopher McQuarrie confirmd to direct Mi5

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mission-Impossible-5-Directed-By-Jack-Reacher-Christopher-McQuarrie-38850.html
    After months of speculation, it has officially been confirmed that Jack Reacher director Christopher McQuarrie has come aboard to direct the highly anticipated sequel to Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, currently known only as Mission: Impossible 5. Rather than announcing the news via a press release or through a trade report, the filmmaker instead decided to elegantly spread the news himself, sending out a message on Twitter reading simply, Mission: Accepted
    Good news. If all is ready to go in September, this could well be out next year.

Thanks @M_Balje.
    Murdock wrote:
    I thought Ghost Protocol was the best MI film since the first one. 2 and 3 didn't really do it for me.

Yes, i think so too...