The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Liam neeson certainly been channeling his grief in his recent roles, the opening reflective seen in The Grey where he is thinking about his wife that was pretty real.

Indeed. Right after Natasha's passing, Liam did more film work than ever before to get it off his mind, and role after role he never let it get him down (and some of his best work has come out of it). I truly respect the man, and the tragedy really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Keep your head high, Liam. We're all rooting for you out there. :)>-

Second that mate, can't help but have respect for liam. Recently bought Excalibur and Krull two very early roles :-)
  • You Only Live Twice, and - Trainspotting..

Quite a difference there !

(at least there is a Scottish theme above all else)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You Only Live Twice, and - Trainspotting..

Quite a difference there !

(at least there is a Scottish theme above all else)
    I am glad you finally got a copy of YOLT after searching so long.
  • Up next, will be Thunderball, if only I could find a copy, but I'm happy with the rest of the collection I possess right now. I'll be truthful and say I don't really want a copy of Solace, as it's no surprise I don't think much of it, but that's not to say I will never grab one if the opportunity arises, and it will make for, an almost complete collection if and when I do manage to get hold of it
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Up next, will be Thunderball, if only I could find a copy, but I'm happy with the rest of the collection I possess right now. I'll be truthful and say I don't really want a copy of Solace, as it's no surprise I don't think much of it, but that's not to say I will never grab one if the opportunity arises, and it will make for, an almost complete collection if and when I do manage to get hold of it

I'm still hoping for the day when QoS grows on you. It did for me, maybe there is still hope after you see it a few more times over the years.
    My boss have me The Russia House. I'll watch it as soon as I have a little more time.
  • Is that the one with Michelle Pfieffer and Connery ? I can't even remember what it was even about, but those two names jumped out as soon as I saw the movie (title)

I'm looking forward to watching Trainspotting again when time allows it, although on a previous watch couldn't quite understand what was being said some of the time ?

@Brady No, I don't think it ever will. It's a poor release all said, and most people's least favorite of the series, so that should tell the general public something. Not a Bond film I hold in great regard, it won't change, regardless of watchings, but if I see a copy out and about, I will endeavor to grab it, but there is no rush for that
    Is that the one with Michelle Pfieffer and Connery ? I can't even remember what it was even about, but those two names jumped out as soon as I saw the movie (title)

I'm looking forward to watching Trainspotting again when time allows it, although on a previous watch couldn't quite understand what was being said some of the time ?

@Brady No, I don't think it ever will. It's a poor release all said, and most people's least favorite of the series, so that should tell the general public something. Not a Bond film I hold in great regard, it won't change, regardless of watchings, but if I see a copy out and about, I will endeavor to grab it, but there is no rush for that

I thought the same thing a few years ago. If anything, having many that don't place QoS higher than DAD gives credence to @TheWizardOfIce's 1st rule that the general public are idiots.
    Is that the one with Michelle Pfieffer and Connery ? I can't even remember what it was even about, but those two names jumped out as soon as I saw the movie (title)

That's the one.
  • Russia house, went to see that at the cinema, Connery was reunited with Klaus Maria Brandauer in that movie. I don't recall much about the movie, watched it on the basis it was a espionage thriller. Never watched it again, probably should revisit it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Dark Knight Rises 10/10
  • Star wars complete saga on bluray and Indiana Jones complete adventures on bluray.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Haywire.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Haywire.

Great, underrated film. Never thought I could enjoy a woman kicking so much ass in a film, but this one definitely surprised me. Lots of wonderful fight scenes, especially the one between her and Fassbender.

I was planning on getting the SF steelbook blu-ray from HMV, but since I won't be able to play it in the States here, looks like I'll be waiting and getting whatever blu-ray releases here, which I'm sure will be generic to some extent. I want to go ahead and pre-order it, but I won't be able to wait for it to ship, knowing I can drive five minutes away and pick it up and watch it the same day.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Snow White and The Huntsman (Blu Ray)
    We Need to Talk About Kevin (DVD)
    The Help (Blu Ray)
    Game of Thrones (Season 1)

I have a two week break between switching jobs. I have a stack of movies and games to fill the time!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2013 Posts: 4,444
    Year List 2012:

First DVD: 11 January 2012
    Last dvd of 2012: 16 November 2012
    First BD of 2012: 31 July 2012
    Last BD of 2012: 11 October 2012
    Total DVD of 12: 43
    Total BD of 2012: 8
    Total BD/DVD Combopack: 5

Monsters Vs Aliens 2 disc SE From € 7,99 for € 5,99
    Madagascar 2' 2 disc SE € 5,99 From € 7,99 for € 5,99
    The Bone Collector
    Marco Borsato - Symphonica In Rosso SE (DVD/CD)
    Marley & Me
    A Separation***
    Hitzone Best of 2005 (2CD+DVD)
    Jack Ryan: Clear and Present Danger SCE LE sleeve
    The Four Feathers
    End Of Days
    Hoodwinked
    Legionnaire
    The Good Night
    Spy Hard
    Dream House
    Collateral 2 disc SE
    Jack Ryan: The Sum Of All Fears SCE
    Up In The Air
    Triple X Next Level
    City Of God
    Ripley's Game
    Ripley Under Ground
    In Bruges
    Surf's Up
    Syriana
    Killers
    Popeye Orginele Tekenfilm Klassiekers #
    Trollhunter
    Cat Run
    The Incredible Hulk Seizoen 1' € 9,99
    The Incredible Hulk Seizoen 2' € 9,99
    The Incredible Hulk Seizoen 3' € 9,99
    The Incredible Hulk Seizoen 4 & 5' € 9,99
    Meet Joe Black
    A Mighty Heart
    The Holiday
    House Of Sand And Fog
    Gone in 60 Seconds
    Terminator 2- 2 disc UE
    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
    Bluray Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 3D + 2D (Together with BD player*)
    Bluray Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 3D + 2D (Together with BD player*)
    Bluray Iron Man 2 - 3 disc SE (2 disc BD + DVD) € 9,09 (€ 12,99 - 30% off.)
    The Incredible Hulk Returns
    Black Hawk Down 3 disc SE UK!**
    Bluray Beauty and The Beast - 3 disc SE (2 disc BD + DVD) € 8,00
    Bluray Inception 2 disc SE € 8,00 (No digital copy)
    Bluray 127 Hours (BD + DVD) From € 8,50 for € 7,50 (2 for 15,00)
    Bluray The Lovely Bones 2 disc SE From € 8,50 for € 7,50 (2 for 15,00)
    Bluray Lady En De Vagebond (Lady and The Tramp) - 2 disc SE (BD + DVD) € 9,98
    Be Cool 2 disc SE
    After The Sunset Special Edition
    Bluray Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol - 3 disc Limited Edition (2 disc BD + DVD) € 12,44
    Smart People
    Bluray Body Of Lies From € 6,99 for € 5,00 (2 for 10,00)
    Bluray Where The Wild Things Are € 6,99 for € 5,00 (2 for 10,00)
    Bluray Artificial Intelligence € 6,99 for € 5,00 (2 for 10,00)
    Bluray Mystic River € 6,99 for € 5,00 (2 for 10,00)
    Brammetje Baas

* 2 disc release (where the disc possible taken over from the France release) who not include the bonus disc and the other extra's.
    ** All 3 disc's have Dutch subtitels, but the movie only be released in The Netherlands as 2 disc SE. Disc 2 and 3 are also used for 3 disc SE of France.
    *** Cover claimt there be no extra's, but there be a 2 documentry's, 1 trailer from the movie and 3 trailers from 3 other movies. The 3 other trailers are: No One Knowns About Persian Cats, Persepolis, Incendies. If you select France the trailer from Persepolis wil be in France audio and no subtitels. ”
    # Popeye Original Animated classics. Include 4 Popeye classics and 3 other classics (credit as 2) from 3 other animation this are Superman, Daffy Duck / Porky Pig and Bugs Bunny. Audio be in English and Dutch.

Special video's that i made over the year about the collection:

October 2011-January 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCr_5CY0i4U
    More January and February, March and April 2012.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-lWSthPX0
    Queensday Buyings
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4KXgBRFzU
    May, June and July
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNIEHDRj_o
    A look back to my first 2 BD disc in 2009 and 2010 and more July 2012.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR6HFdxp13c
    August and September 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAGtErh9T9k
    October and November 2012 with this more time for some Soundtrack cd's i bought.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV_EBmeELkI

Special Unboxing: The Incredible Hulk Tv series All 5 seasons (Dutch Release)
  • Army Of Darkness (Evil Dead 3), and Cabin In The Woods.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    A few for Christmas presents :

- La Cage Aux Folles 2
    - Das Leben den Anderen (The Other's Life)
    - Firefox in "Clint Eastwood Collection"
    - Les Petits Mouchoirs
    - Les Emotifs Anonymes
    - Something's Gotta Give
    Batman 89 on bluray, not since i watched Batman at the cinema have i enjoyed it as much. Have a renewed appreciation for this film. Bluray has breathed new life into Tim Burtons Batman for me.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Pts 1 & 2 (blu-ray box)
    Jaws (blu-ray)
    The Dark Knight Rises (blu-ray)
    and as Christmas presents, Faust (on the Masters of Cinema/Eureka label DVD) and Basket Case Trilogy tin-book (blu-ray).
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 1,310
    197_tn.jpg
    Naturally I had these on other media, but the temptation to upgrade was too great. I am aware of all the changes for this blu-ray, and while some do bother me, most do not.

I will NOT be getting the prequels on blu-ray, however. B-)
    That cover is one of the coolest I have seen for Blu-rays.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I still can't believe there are more films coming. It's crazy and just feels so wrong. Lucas just wants to beat Avatar 2!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2013 Posts: 4,444
    Won. Thanks to dvdinfo.be & Universal/Paramount Nederland. =D>

http://oi48.tinypic.com/f1019z.jpg
    The Dictator (BD/DVD Combopack)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,894
    All DVD's:

Evil Dead II
    Army Of Darkness
    Hellraiser: Deader
    Hellraiser: Hellseeker
  • DrNoDrNo North Hollywood, California, USA
    Godzilla vs. Biollante
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    All DVD's:

Evil Dead II
    Army Of Darkness
    Hellraiser: Deader
    Hellraiser: Hellseeker

'Hellraiser 3' is probably my favorite in the series. Great lead character, and the last twenty or thirty minutes are excellent.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Hellraiser 3' is probably my favorite in the series. Great lead character, and the last twenty or thirty minutes are excellent.

Mine would most definitely be the first and second in the series. I find the third to supply us with such terrible acting, it's just painful to watch. Granted, we learn more about Pinhead and we see his dark side explored in a powerful (at one point even Carrie like) way. But overall, this film has little to offer against the first two IMO.

A guilty pleasure film in the series would be HellWorld. Call me crazy but I'm having fun. And we see Lance Henriksen (of course ;-)).

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Despite it's reputation, I like Bloodlines, and not in a guily pleasure way. Has anyone seen Revelations yet?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Despite it's reputation, I like Bloodlines, and not in a guily pleasure way. Has anyone seen Revelations yet?

Nah. I have it but I haven't come around to watching it. Let's be frank: it's a cheap film made for the simple purpose of keeping the franchise rights. I honestly dread the prospect of watching this film... Although dread is what the Hellraiser franchise is all about, isn't it?